Cruiser Sighting Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw this FJ40 in Columbus at the Cars and Iced Coffee meet last Saturday. (I also drove it there.)

62162EC1-D520-4AA7-B777-BD79E7A97167_1_201_a.jpeg

A couple of years ago we went wheeling at Black Mountain in Harland KY and ran across the Land Cruiser in the easier rock garden
DSC_0199.JPG

The point of this thread is spotting other cruisers not your own. Also where was this cars and coffee ?
This makes no sense. I looked at the original post and and title, it says "cruiser sighting thread" then I looked at the op's original post and he doesn't define any rules. I guess I could have a friend take a pic of my cruiser, post it here and it would be OK, then I could go to his house and take pic of his and post it. I personally, don't see a problem with folks posting pic of their cruiser. I'd like to see them. I don't think it requires a new thread either. If there was a new thread then what would happen if the poster sold it? Would he have to delete the pic?

Looks are deceiving. The state that its registered in says its an FJ40. I'm pretty sure if it was in CA they would title by the frame VIN #, which is a FJ40. This is what happens when you have a FJ40 with a totally rusted out body and a solid frame and drive line , and you run across a aluminum rover body with steel frame totally rust out. Or is the objection because it has a V8. B4 he entered in a rover event he ask the organizer if it would be OK to show up with it. They were fine with it.

This makes no sense. I looked at the original post and and title, it says "cruiser sighting thread" then I looked at the op's original post and he doesn't define any rules. I guess I could have a friend take a pic of my cruiser, post it here and it would be OK, then I could go to his house and take pic of his and post it. I personally, don't see a problem with folks posting pic of their cruiser. I'd like to see them. I don't think it requires a new thread either. If there was a new thread then what would happen if the poster sold it? Would he have to delete the pic?
Many car pages and forums have similar threads. It’s pretty self explanatory without having to post “rules”. Hopefully you’re not that dense.

Looks are deceiving. The state that its registered in says its an FJ40. I'm pretty sure if it was in CA they would title by the frame VIN #, which is a FJ40. This is what happens when you have a FJ40 with a totally rusted out body and a solid frame and drive line , and you run across a aluminum rover body with steel frame totally rust out. Or is the objection because it has a V8. B4 he entered in a rover event he ask the organizer if it would be OK to show up with it. They were fine with it.
This definitely isn’t a land cruiser

I walked back and looked at that one again. It sure is nice.

Two sightings today…first was this afternoon in Dayton on Wayne Ave. A burgundy 100 Series LC with gold trim, black aftermarket wheels. Did get a chance to grab a picture.

Second was on our Friday afternoon errand run to Home Depot (Centerville). Fairly clean LX with IL plates.
DD101C2D-CA2F-42A9-A1C8-290781E8D0F5.jpeg

Saw a blue FJ60/62 heading south, just north of the Sensors Directorate building, on base today (Dayton). Gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom