New vendor "Bowfin Cruisers" and new 80 series roof rack option (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the look of these racks, nothing like what is available here in Aus!

Dogfishlake: any chance of shipping one here? Did send you a PM, figure by the looks of this thread your a busy man but.

My old man lives in OH, even if you could provide package dimensions I could get some shipping quotes and just get delivery to his place?

Cheers,
J.
Yessir. I will give you a shout and we can figure it out.

Wanting to add side lights for camping and illumination on the side of the vehicle. Has anyone tried the prinsu ridgeline roof rack handles with the baja rock lights in the handles? Would those work on our bowfin racks?

how are you guys wiring the light bars? is it possible to avoid drilling a hole through the roof?
Your only other option is to run the wires down the a pillar into the engine bay, but that doesn't look great in my opinion. The cleanest way to do it is to install an entry gland in my opinion, then you also have a way to add more wires later as well.

i ran wires down both A pillar behind the plastic trim piece. works great so far and hidden nicely out of the way...

Wanting to add side lights for camping and illumination on the side of the vehicle. Has anyone tried the prinsu ridgeline roof rack handles with the baja rock lights in the handles? Would those work on our bowfin racks?
I have and they work fine. Would like to see them a bit more angled down tho. If you look close in a few shots on my build, you can see them. Will get better shots soon.

Here is the handle, no lights yet. Cool, simple design but I would like them to angle a bit more since they clear behind my awning.it is limited where they will fit due to slot spacing tho. If not lined up with the rails there will be a few more options but will need mounting. For the cost of these, I'm a little disappointing they didn't come with mounting hardware. Will do a bit more testing before I fork out for the lights. Awning mounts work great also but I would recommended the low rise mount. The standard sits way high.
B586FCAB-4684-4B8B-9BC5-EEE115523A99.jpeg
0316E871-3772-418E-A79A-3C27630FB65D.jpeg

Has anyone figured out which t bolts work with the load bars on the bowfin rack? Wish they came with some.

Here’s what I use and include with my brackets.
10 series 1/4-20 Economy T-Nuts & 1/2” lg screw

Has anyone figured out which t bolts work with the load bars on the bowfin rack? Wish they came with some.
It looks like it would use 1020 or 2550 accessories - (probably the 2550, to stay metric)

- just got ours installed yesterday, btw. :)

10 series 1/4-20 Economy T-Nuts
^^ this is the correct one. 10 series on any of the extrusion accessories sites will get you what you need. There are lots of options from slide in to drop in, and then there are drop and twist. if you have a grinder you can make your own.

Waiting patiently for mine to ship. :bounce2:

I want to know if it's possible to move a crossbar so that the sunroof is unobstructed.
There are too many crossbars that come with it anyway, You can run with a LOT less. It is overbuilt but there is nothing wrong with only installing half or less. You will have two right up front for most people, one at a 45degree angle or so to attach the wind deflector, then one right behind it to attach a light bar if you are in to that, then you will need 2 or 3 more going back and including the last one in the back. I leave two attached to my roof top tent so i an just drop the tent on the top and attach the end screws. way easier than trying to attach the crossbars to the tent with so low of a clearance. I want to say most factory racks have two weak crossbars, this has ten i think that are way beefier. So yeah remove a few, space them out differently, its fine, highly customizable.

There are too many crossbars that come with it anyway, You can run with a LOT less. It is overbuilt but there is nothing wrong with only installing half or less. You will have two right up front for most people, one at a 45degree angle or so to attach the wind deflector, then one right behind it to attach a light bar if you are in to that, then you will need 2 or 3 more going back and including the last one in the back. I leave two attached to my roof top tent so i an just drop the tent on the top and attach the end screws. way easier than trying to attach the crossbars to the tent with so low of a clearance. I want to say most factory racks have two weak crossbars, this has ten i think that are way beefier. So yeah remove a few, space them out differently, its fine, highly customizable.
Super cool....thanks! I have yet to see one from the top...Like a drone photo so that's why I was wondering.

1641094916718.png

as you might see, some of those crossbars are smaller than what comes with the rack, those are 1"x1" extrusion i use for my kayaks.

I love the extra mile Patrick goes to label and separate each part and mounting piece. Other racks i have help install seem to enjoy putting you through a guessing game.

20220103_165719.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom