Joke thread -Who daily drives on 5.38 gearing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still have it. It's just kind of an odd conclusion of a rig to be honest. Capable and eye catching, very nice, etc. But way overkill for the trails where you can keep it nice looking.

All the lift and travel and etc questions are up to you. I use the link calculators but don't remember AS values.

If you can raise the motor mounts, do it. I didn't and wish I had.
............. Your advice is..... It's up to you......
I don't even know where to begin here.... What in the world are you talking about? Didn't you tell me to go read your build thread and come back with any questions??? I did and you have no answers. Which tells me everything I need to know from your build. I have been looking forward to some meaty comments from you so I can add it to my notebook, I was expecting great advice actually kinda excited this morning to get in this thread and see, but no. You seem to be really worried about driving easy trails and scratching your "hammersaurus" is that what I just read!? I think you may have done something wrong a really regret it, but that's just my opinion. "I built it but you can't" mentality is a little shocking. You should have ALL the info on your build YOU MADE A BUILD THREAD. I have made serious work in just the planning phase before I even tear into this thing. My anti squat is about 90% so I will be street friendly. Which tells you where to mount your links. This is why I am hesitant on internet advice and yours now. If I am wrong and you make and build all kinds of stuff and somehow have misunderstood your comment.... Well again that is the internet for you.
I wheel my cruiser, I try not to "scratch" it like you say cause it is nice, but it is my wheelin machine and does it well. It keeps my family safe and is extremely reliable, I keep it that way.
I have raised kids in this thing, family wheelin is a weekend thing in this household (in the early days I was wheeling through rocks making formula and changing diapers holding up the line on the trail). Look, I am destroying the rear lower control arm upper mounts real bad. The break over angle with small wheels on the cruiser is terrible. As I wheel more and get better and do more trails, the cruiser stays the same just getting beat up. Time to upgrade its skills and bring it along with me and the family.

Everyone have a great day

@H E A V Y M E T A L Not everyone on here is as "helpful" as nukegoat. Not many people run 5.38 or 5.13s. most run 4.88s if not stock gearing.

I don't even know where to begin here.... What in the world are you talking about? Didn't you tell me to go read your build thread and come back with any questions??? I did and you have no answers. Which tells me everything I need to know from your build. I have been looking forward to some meaty comments from you so I can add it to my notebook, I was expecting great advice actually kinda excited this morning to get in this thread and see, but no. You seem to be really worried about driving easy trails and scratching your "hammersaurus" is that what I just read!? I think you may have done something wrong a really regret it, but that's just my opinion. "I built it but you can't" mentality is a little shocking. You should have ALL the info on your build YOU MADE A BUILD THREAD. I have made serious work in just the planning phase before I even tear into this thing. My anti squat is about 90% so I will be street friendly. Which tells you where to mount your links. This is why I am hesitant on internet advice and yours now. If I am wrong and you make and build all kinds of stuff and somehow have misunderstood your comment.... Well again that is the internet for you.
I wheel my cruiser, I try not to "scratch" it like you say cause it is nice, but it is my wheelin machine and does it well. It keeps my family safe and is extremely reliable, I keep it that way.
I have raised kids in this thing, family wheelin is a weekend thing in this household (in the early days I was wheeling through rocks making formula and changing diapers holding up the line on the trail). Look, I am destroying the rear lower control arm upper mounts real bad. The break over angle with small wheels on the cruiser is terrible. As I wheel more and get better and do more trails, the cruiser stays the same just getting beat up. Time to upgrade its skills and bring it along with me and the family.

I just don't know where to start with your questions. Like they aren't good questions. "Should I use a link calculator?" What do you want to hear? 'nah don't worry about geometry'

Anyway, sorry I didn't help more. Best of luck. Don't hurt anyone or yourself.

I just don't know where to start with your questions. Like they aren't good questions. "Should I use a link calculator?" What do you want to hear? 'nah don't worry about geometry'

Anyway, sorry I didn't help more. Best of luck. Don't hurt anyone or yourself.
Like you know. Like They aren't? You are high. I thought your other answer was dumb " just do what you want" You can't answer them because you did none of that research 😂😂😂😂😂hahahahahahaha now I think it is funny. Sorry it took me a second to see that.

Like you know. Like They aren't? You are high. I thought your other answer was dumb " just do what you want" You can't answer them because you did none of that research 😂😂😂😂😂hahahahahahaha now I think it is funny. Sorry it took me a second to see that.
Correct, I paid an actual wizard to do the work. Testing interference is easy with telekinesis

Was there just a wild money line swing or did I miss something?

see, and that will get you comments like, go back to facebook, since they're so friendly and all.
Tow the line or get out of the boat.

see, and that will get you comments like, go back to facebook, since they're so friendly and all.
Tow the line or get out of the boat.
Hahaha man I bailed on this thread yesterday, actually the whole site. They are a couple good guys in here. But after repeated attempts for information tells me it's just not here. I thank you for talking to me.

There's only a handful of people here who have successfully SAS'd a 100. @nukegoat is one of them but him being on the forum doesn't require him to share the info if he doesn't want to interact with someone.

There are a lot of people wanting to SAS their vehicles though; which is why Trail Tailor sells a kit now. It's really nice. If you haven't checked it out I'd give them a look.

Last edited:
There's only a handful of people here who have successfully SAS'd a 100. @nukegoat is one of them but him being on the forum doesn't require him to share the info if he doesn't want to interact with someone.

There are a lot of people wanting to SAS their vehicles though; which is why Trail Tailor sells a kit now. It's really nice. If you haven't checked it out I'd give them a look.
+1 for @TRAIL TAILOR

I’d go over to Pirate4x4 and see how warm the reception is.

You must be a blast at parties.

Have you ever driven a SAS'd truck of any kind? They all drive like s*** compared to stock. Excessive body roll, unpredictable handling over bumps, constant rubbing, etc. Oh you want to bring the family? I give your long suffering wife 1 trip before she nukes that idea.

The link calculators are great until it comes time to fit everything and then it's all about which compromises you can live with.

Someone doesn't understand that if you are wheeling trails that will challenge a SAS 100 on 40s there is a really good chance you will total your rig. Actually not an if but a when.

Someone doesn't understand that if you are wheeling trails that will challenge a SAS 100 on 40s there is a really good chance you will total your rig. Actually not an if but a when.

What do you even know? He's F U L L Y S L E E ' D, bro. :flipoff2:

You must be a blast at parties.

Have you ever driven a SAS'd truck of any kind? They all drive like s*** compared to stock. Excessive body roll, unpredictable handling over bumps, constant rubbing, etc. Oh you want to bring the family? I give your long suffering wife 1 trip before she nukes that idea.

The link calculators are great until it comes time to fit everything and then it's all about which compromises you can live with.
I know what you're saying but I don't entirely agree. You can make handling predictable and reduce body roll with sway bars etc. It won't handle like a stock rig on IFS though, that's for sure. But my wife drives the Lexus, we ran Fordyce, drove to the trail and back with the kids. No biggie. I would think dailying it would be awful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom