LC 2001 - ODB options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, I did try searching for this before posting, there were farrrrr too many non-specific posts, what are my options for ODB readers and head-up displays that use them for an LC 100 series 2001 model? (1HD-FTE)

Thanks.
Gib (Australia)

I have been using Torque with my 2000 LC. There aren't many PID exposed/available so most generic readers will probably do what you want. I was hoping for a lot more information, but doesn't seems the electronics/ECU are up to snuff. My 02 suburban had more available PIDS to read.

1HD-FTE never came with OBD2, only M-OBD. The safest tool to use is TechStream on a PC with a MiniVCI adapter. There are 1 or 2 other hand held gadgets that will do part of the job at least, but TechStream is the standard.

Thanks Guys, I was hoping to be able to use something on the dash as I was driving, bummer.

Thanks Guys, I was hoping to be able to use something on the dash as I was driving, bummer.
Could always find a way to adrunio or raspberry pi a tech stream, sounds like a complete pain in the tush. What values were you looking for?

What about a non-OBD-based monitoring setup?

I ran a madman.co.za monitor on a 300Tdi Land Rover I had and I LOVED it.

Installed senders where necessary (low coolant alarm, EGT, transfer case temp); routed to existing ones where possible (coolant temp). Fully programmable alarms for each function monitored (well the ones that aren't go/nogo, like low coolant). Saved my engine at least once, probably twice (radiator explosion and head gasket catastrophic fail). And the EGT monitor with alarm set to 1350F allowed me to change the distributor pump settings to provide a bit more fuel for max power, and then back off on the throttle during long climbs when the temps got too high.

Reactions: uHu
Looking at getting a Ultra gauge for my uzj100 to replace Torque, so I can get back to using it for APRSDROID mapping. Kinda of thought of this thread while looking at the gauge.

Here is the link for the estimator of gauges for the HDJ100, you may want to contact them and see what it might be able to do from past experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom