broke fuel door off after market add on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
for those who have added an additonal fuel tank. i wasnt paying attention at the pumps the other day and bumped the door off the secondary tank it snapped off completely. i'm wondering what others have used for a fuel door for their rigs when they have added a second tank. i am not having much luck findng a suitable replacement door and housing assembly. one that locks would be a bonus.
fueldoor.jpg

for those who have added an additonal fuel tank. i wasnt paying attention at the pumps the other day and bumped the door off the secondary tank it snapped off completely. i'm wondering what others have used for a fuel door for their rigs when they have added a second tank. i am not having much luck findng a suitable replacement door and housing assembly. one that locks would be a bonus.
View attachment 2825754

this topic is EAZY Peezy using all OEM parts solution :

- find a quality pre -owned OEM flip down door 73-12/78

- or

- a 1/79 side ways swinging one too will work

- a oem filler neck here below

- u get the lock re-keyed to match all your other locks too , since oem this is a huge perk !

- a well is reproduced , ill pm u the maker , or source a pre-ownee one removed via drilled out spot rivits .......

- hence a" Factory Focus Point Mind set approach , fit form and function

i can help and can make all parts out lined above happen asap

i have all in-stock

i also re-key oem locks

done this many times , its sounds complex but in the end , you be SOP VERY stoked with the end product issues free oem look

text book mod , text book results

bottom line

ill pm u

matt :)

here is a version i designed and helped my clieny map out

i supplied all need oem parts and re-keyed lock too

it cam out great and trouble free to this day

its your only path forward , you just don't realize it yet ......... :cool:

help is on the way then u decide ....

031.jpg
1608715091159.png
1608715143833.png
1608715182517.png
1608715307475.png
GasTankDoorShape.jpg
1593713034807.png

FNS73UP-big.jpg

FNS79UP-big.jpg

FFD79UP-big.jpg

Last edited:
That's a VERY Snappy and Looks TOTALLY Factory Original Period correct

AWSOME ! :)
Very honored you’d say that. thank you. I mostly just wing stuff but
I hated the look of just sticking something there as you said there are plenty of peices out there to try to make a seamless transition. I you know how to weld just a little it’s a pretty easy job.

Very honored you’d say that. thank you. I mostly just wing stuff but
I hated the look of just sticking something there as you said there are plenty of peices out there to try to make a seamless transition. I you know how to weld just a little it’s a pretty easy job.

u have FIT , FORM , and Function all going on end product detail results , you did a nice job and should indeed be happy and proud , ........ :)

i realluy like this idea i will be in touch

@airon23

- PM me i have FLIP down DOORs available ONLY TOP shelf Pre-owned parts on my watch to be KLEAR

- @65swb45 should have a Excellent fuel door FILLER WELL Available too ......

- Something NEW and AWSOME in NOW on the Table that was NOT when i POSTED in this thread many month ago

- FEAST Your eyes on the NEW BAR and BENCHMARK Product LINE UP below please ..........

- up till now NO eazy or obtainable solution i am ever aware of existed ?

- NOW EAZY access at a Obtainable level too , for ALL 40 SERIES owners no matter there resource level , that was my goal here on these , i hope i made that happen ?

- I pipe dreamed Game Changers Below , the jury in my head is still out weather they are or not .......... 🤔

1639181656780.png

1639181682741.png

1639181876524.png

1639181895850.png

1639181932662.png

that does look about like what was on there thank you will work for now but i like the pics from below

NO matter what path you choose , don't Jerry Rig your VINTAGE Toyota with a aftermarket CHEEZY CHINA made part meant for a JEEP wrangler :rolleyes:

there is only one mindset approach here in my JIS world ....:)

(.12) - Copy.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom