Official LX570s Picture Thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally finished off the front Dissent bumper with some lights. I modified the pocket drawer on the left side of the steering wheel to hold my switches. Details in my build thread.
IMG_3022.jpeg
IMG_3023.jpeg
IMG_3021.jpeg

Saved Photo.png

Just bought this truck last weekend. Got it out to it's first dirt today. I am really amazed how smooth and effortless this truck handles the dirt. This is so much better than my Chevy Colorado ZR2. I am hoping to start some modifications soon. I live in Redmond Washington and will be going out into the Pacific Northwest to explore and wheel.

IMG_2677-Edit.jpg

Wow. Would love to see details on the lift.

Man when I pull up at whole foods, they drop the bags and start clapping. PM sent.

Backway to Crown King in AZ. Got to experience gas boiling in 80 degree 4000-6000 elevation.

Only 1 hard spot that required rock stacking and slider contact.

Videos here:

BFCAFA99-0B25-403F-ABA3-26FE825C55D2.jpeg

04D1E3CF-9CB0-440D-A3E1-2869DF14B172.jpeg

5B5500B5-CAD8-4336-83D4-BB69E990EDAB.jpeg

4CC3FA50-5718-4088-B60B-F001EB924DB0.jpeg

02585B08-2D4A-45D1-9951-C4F1EA15843C.jpeg

I really need to stay out of the 200 section 😍

The 570s are calling my name

The road up to where I took the photos above had tons of washboards, exposed rocks, ruts, dips, etc. I had a screaming hot cup of coffee in my hand, just set the suspension to Comfort and float on through. I was on a chill Sunday drive, exploring, trying not to burn my lap, not doing my Ivan Stewart impression. Caught up to a Jeep (First gen 2dr Rubi) zig zagging all over the road trying to avoid the obstacles (mostly the washboards, Jeep started rotating real quick when he hit them with any speed). They stopped at the top where the trails and obstacles branch out, driver jumps out and says "HOLY s*** YOU WERE MOVING!" :meh:

Couple kids from WV attending Boise State, cool guys, showed me around the area and tried a few obstacles and climbs, I was able to take some steeper lines that were a little too tippy for the Rubi but he was able to squeeze through some areas with ease that took some finesse to clear without body damage in the LX. They were heading out to camp for the night so I found a hiking trail head and went running for a couple hours. Came back and enjoyed a beer overlooking the valley then cruised home out the other side of the road making a big loop back home enjoying the fantastic Mark Levinson sound system windows down on a nice brisk day, seat heaters crankin'.

My previous rig was a fully built FJ cruiser, 35's, fully locked, Kings, bumpers, winch, etc etc. it was definitely a more capable off road rig at the extreme but the trail difficulty level where it surpasses the LX is also beyond what I am going to take my kiddos on. (My kids have been on Black Bear Pass, RedCone, Hell's Revenge, Schofield Pass, Kokopelli trail, etc the LX will happily eat up some pretty solid trails.) And the LX is VASTLY superior in all other vehicular aspects. Obviously no vehicle is perfect for everyone but it strikes the right balance for our family.

Last edited:
The road up to where I took the photos above had tons of washboards, exposed rocks, ruts, dips, etc. I had a screaming hot cup of coffee in my hand, just set the suspension to Comfort and float on through. I was on a chill Sunday drive, exploring, trying not to burn my lap, not doing my Ivan Stewart impression. Caught up to a Jeep (First gen 2dr Rubi) zig zagging all over the road trying to avoid the obstacles (mostly the washboards, Jeep started rotating real quick when he hit them with any speed). They stopped at the top where the trails and obstacles branch out, driver jumps out and says "HOLY s*** YOU WERE MOVING!" :meh:

Couple kids from WV attending Boise State, cool guys, showed me around the area and tried a few obstacles and climbs, I was able to take some steeper lines that were a little too tippy for the Rubi but he was able to squeeze through some areas with ease that took some finesse to clear without body damage in the LX. They were heading out to camp for the night so I found a hiking trail head and went running for a couple hours. Came back and enjoyed a beer overlooking the valley then cruised home out the other side of the road making a big loop back home enjoying the fantastic Mark Levinson sound system windows down on a nice brisk day, seat heaters crankin'.

My previous rig was a fully built FJ cruiser, 35's, fully locked, Kings, bumpers, winch, etc etc. it was definitely a more capable off road rig at the extreme but the trail difficulty level where it surpasses the LX is also beyond what I am going to take my kiddos on. (My kids have been on Black Bear Pass, RedCone, Hell's Revenge, Schofield Pass, Kokopelli trail, etc the LX will happily eat up some pretty solid trails.) And the LX is VASTLY superior in all other vehicular aspects. Obviously no vehicle is perfect for everyone but it strikes the right balance for our family.

I definitely get the family aspect! I’ve had extreme Jeep’s and honestly my 100 felt like it conquered everything I threw at it with ease. With smaller tires, heated seats, and the radio on low. It definitely gave me perspective on what I like lol.

Which also wants me to go to a 200 because they are roomier, nicer, and have all the capabilities of not more.

Couldn't agree more.

With big pillowy meats and AHC managing damping, the LX is such an assassin on washboard roads. More than once, I've literally blown past all sorts of built Jeeps and others on the track. They don't like Lexus's passing them in their supposed playground, but after pacing and watching them hop, skip, and yaw on long tracks, they relinquish. I've checked the shocks after 20 mile sections and they're barely warm which makes sense given the distributed nature of the AHC system and large fluid volumes. Tires do a lot here to contribute too.

Only vehicle that I enjoy bombing down washes together is with my friends Raptor on 37s. Now that's a purpose built beast. Yet he struggles more when navigating technical sections especially tighter tracks.

The combined lift with large tires, sensor lift, and AHC lift also feels like engaging a clearance cheat code. Don't worry about picking just the easy lines, as it can do the hard ones too.

The LX570 is such an underspoken and underrated rig. Many expect an LC to do the dirty, but only with a lot more suspension mods. Stuff the LX with 35x11.5s which is easy, 10 minute mild sensor lift, and it's literally off to the races on even difficult rated trails. Without much of any compromise to day to day. Just as you've done.

Only other addition that I'm enjoying more and more is the rear locker. Even more than I anticipated as it's satisfying and keeps the rhythm going to just tap a button. Versus the ceremony it is to get into CRAWL and letting the machine take over.

Here's a short vid from last weekend. Best part about it all is that it's such an effective swiss army knife. Love that this rig can handle 2000lbs with the same suspension setup, laden or not. Do goat things unladen and stuff 35s. Turn around and throw 1200lbs on the hitch and run 75mph on the freeway in total comfort and stability. Doing it all with aplomb.

Posted up in the market and bought it off another mudder. Running 4 x 10 series 80/20 aluminum crossbars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom