1st FJ40, Long TIme Toyota Guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you haven't been through the patina thread, there is a lot of good stuff in there. Preserving Patina - How To Tips and Tricks - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/preserving-patina-how-to-tips-and-tricks.1097611/

On mine, I waxed and polished the areas where the paint is good and shot fluid film in areas with open rust/exposed steel on the fenders and rear sill. I did use penetrol on the floor in the back and liked how it dried after a few days, but I'm not sure if I prefer it over fluid film.

I found that issue with that area is that water gets inbetween the panel and that rear sill / horns That seems to be the weak point in these trucks for rust. I eventually had to cut replace the rear sill and rear quarter panels

For your undercarriage try waxoyl
Also have a great product for engine protection.

In the British car groups waxy oil has been used for 50+ year for corrosion protection.

Last edited:
This is what I really love about this group. Great solutions to (not a real problem) problems. I honestly feel like the minority on this forum with all the beautiful full builds with my rusty old 40.

Drove to work the other day and parked by my buddy's new Tesla. Asked everyone quick "Zombie apocalypse, choose one". Everyone chose the 40

F456CBA2-1BFE-48FA-B044-8E5B50CDD2D2.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom