Wheel Cylinder Kit options for a 05/1970 production date FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joestewart

SILVER Star
Threads
This FJ40's manufacture date was May, 1970 according to the serial number charts.

I would like to replace all the wheel cylinders with new ones. It looks like all the major vendors usually mentioned on this forum are showing "no longer available", except SOR.

Is anyone aware of a vendor (besides SOR) that sells the "early" wheel cylinders in "kits" - one kit of four wheel cylinders for the front, another kit of four wheel cylinders for the rear)?

I found some aftermarket cylinders from Australia on ebay. The vendor has both fronts and rears. I will purchase those, unless anyone has any better suggestions. Thanks

Is price the factor for SOR ? I would pay SOR price because if there is any issues, it can be easily remedied.

This FJ40's manufacture date was May, 1970 according to the serial number charts.

I would like to replace all the wheel cylinders with new ones. It looks like all the major vendors usually mentioned on this forum are showing "no longer available", except SOR.

Is anyone aware of a vendor (besides SOR) that sells the "early" wheel cylinders in "kits" - one kit of four wheel cylinders for the front, another kit of four wheel cylinders for the rear)?

I found some aftermarket cylinders from Australia on ebay. The vendor has both fronts and rears. I will purchase those, unless anyone has any better suggestions. Thanks

I'm doing brakes on my '69 right now. Same issue, oem is nla and aftermarket incomplete. Either get what you can and wait on the unavailable parts, or buy the rebuild kits and rebuild what you have.

I purchased these (see link below). I will post follow up when I receive them and install.

Dang it! I have a set for the front that needs selling. Barely ran them on my Jan 1972 before I swapped to a front disc axle that I came across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom