King 2.5 and 3.0 Owners experience and feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 3" bypass shocks reservoir will interfere with sliders. 2.5" shocks will be ok.
Yep. My 2.5s have the reservoir along the frame near the top of the tire. If BB sliders come up that far they truly are way stronger than necessary.

Is anyone running King shocks with Budbuilt sliders? I was told the King rear reservoir mounts in the same location on the frame as the BB sliders.
I run Budbuilt step sliders and King 2.5 and can confirm there is no mounting conflict.

I run Budbuilt step sliders and King 2.5 and can confirm there is no mounting conflict.
Thanks Charlie. This was the feedback I was looking for. Perhaps the annecdote I got was on the 3.0s.

3.0 kings
Internal Bypass front an rear
Electronic Fluid Management
Custom front arms
Adjustable rear lower control arms
Adjustable panhard

IMG_1322(1)(1).JPEG

42857076_1075732719262565_7514128537998065664_o.jpg

42887332_1075732602595910_5316652222291902464_o.jpg

Waiting on the APP from Kings. Was finished last week so will be even cooler than the older screen they used to have.
Who makes those adjustable LCAs you're running? How much total lift are you running with this setup? Did you get that EFM working?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. I am between 650 and 700 lb coils for my build king order. I have a dissent front bumper, 12 k winch, slider, rear dissent bumper. This is the hardest decision ever! lol I would greatly appricate some feedback.

Once I get my winch and bumpers on ours will be very similar. I've the 3.0s on order and am leaning toward the 700s. However, my shock guy advised I may want to consider going with the 750s.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. I am between 650 and 700 lb coils for my build king order. I have a dissent front bumper, 12 k winch, slider, rear dissent bumper. This is the hardest decision ever! lol I would greatly appricate some feedback.
If you need to switch later it’s not the end of the world. Personally I’d go 650 because you can always dial in preload to get the ride height where it needs to be, then plan out the move to 700s when time allows. If you go 700 and it turns out your weight doesn’t justify it leading to too much lift, your only solution is to change springs.

Is this similar to AHC? Will it make sense on road or only offroad? Cool technology!

Not the whole system, but it is comparable to the Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) part of AHC. Can be a nice upgrade as it can dynamically adapt damping based on condition and load.

My buddies new F150 Raptor gets Fox Livewire which is also adaptive damping and it's a pretty substantial improvement over the previous static factory suspension for mixed use.

I ran 650s and 700s with a 12.5 winch, full TT steel bumper and sliders. I stayed at 650 but I wish I went with 600s and used my preload to compensate ( sold the LC, have an LX now)

I like it softer than most and with faster rebound.

I would start at 650s and go from there with your set up. If you really want to get kings dialed it takes some time and effort.
Good luck man. Don’t over think it and accept it may take pulling the coilovers a few times to get them just right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom