What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (85 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed this from @LandCruiserPhil

7775B47C-8192-49FD-9B38-09C34CD7761D.jpeg

Nice LC. Looks like it was well cared for.

Those IH around it are shooting up in $.

I love to see those yard collections awaiting a second life.
yeah they are that 72 C-body 3/4 ton is a beyond a rare find in that kinda shape its peach and I keep buging him for it, I would trade that LX I just got for it. All the I/H's are a good friend of mines hes got 12 or 13 that run and drive in various states of organailty to at least saved not restored, and could build another dozen or so with parts laying around if we could find frames. though sadly hes down to just 1 800, they are all dried up around here. Can get 80's pretty regulary for decent pricing still and pick ups but not the 800s any more

and thanks that LX is in amazing shape too i dont know how I got so lucky to pick it up

Went and picked up a gifted donor 3FE. What a great gift! Couple hours drive and an hour or two pulling off parts that he's planning to use in his 40 build.Not 100% certain about history, but he said the previous guy told him it was running when pulled and had less than 100K on it, which would be astonishing!

IMG_20211009_112522_01.jpg

Drilled and filled the roof rack holes. Now just needs to be primed and painted. Not sure whether to just paint the round areas where the rack holes were or sand/paint a rectangle around the entire rack foot print. Thoughts?

CF4B27AA-1B6F-4395-AD11-BBCB54605063.jpeg

CC0B8FE4-F7E8-41A4-8C8F-4B4EB2CE1492.jpeg

F3185ED8-0355-4DAA-B24D-9CC65F68F902.jpeg

Eight (8) steps to unstuck a jeep:

Scenario:

1. Uh-oh, is that a jeep stuck on the trail? He's confused as to how he got stuck and wants to tell you everything that happened, including the angles.

2. You want to give him a Garfield face but he's stuck and you're the nice (your preferred pronoun here). He has the newest Overland Expo D-rings on his bumpers.
3. Throw him some tracks to see if he can get unstuck himself. Nope, rear tire just spins, he's upset that his North Face Jacket is dirty now.

4. Tell him what @inkpot told me to tell all the stuck jeepers before you start yanking and pulling on a rig, "If anything breaks on your rig, it's your fault--if anything breaks on my rig, it's your fault."
5. Proceed to hook up your kinetic rope, tow rope or winch to his D-ring.

6. He breaks loose and is happier than 4 farts in a hot shower. He thanks you and the mannequin in the passenger seat starts waving and smiling. He brings up YouTuber's and asks who you follow? Now, you can give him the Garfield face.
7. He tells you about his favorite Brewery in CO and hands you a craft beer (you're just looking for a Budweiser but whatever, it's cold).

8. Proceed to have fun and enjoy the beautiful day, uh oh, is that a subaroo ahead...?
9. Repeat

Zona

Drilled and filled the roof rack holes. Now just needs to be primed and painted. Not sure whether to just paint the round areas where the rack holes were or sand/paint a rectangle around the entire rack foot print. Thoughts?

View attachment 2808173

View attachment 2808174

View attachment 2808175
My thought is I bet it was scary drilling that first hole! Not sure about painting big area or smaller patches. Maybe calculate total paint lines/edges which might be issues and ease of each? (Can you tell I'm not a paint guy?) Rock on with the new rack!

yeah they are that 72 C-body 3/4 ton is a beyond a rare find in that kinda shape its peach and I keep buging him for it, I would trade that LX I just got for it. All the I/H's are a good friend of mines hes got 12 or 13 that run and drive in various states of organailty to at least saved not restored, and could build another dozen or so with parts laying around if we could find frames. though sadly hes down to just 1 800, they are all dried up around here. Can get 80's pretty regulary for decent pricing still and pick ups but not the 800s any more

and thanks that LX is in amazing shape too i dont know how I got so lucky to pick it up
Friend of mine used to have an IH Scout. It did surprisingly well in sand and moderate off-roading with street tires. But it rusted away so much the body sort of fell off the frame in the end. I was a bit afraid to ride in it after that. The 345 engine ran very well even when he finally sold it. We never had to fix a thing on it that I recall except basics.

Thanks. Yea, little pucker factor with that first hole, then it was fine. The entire roof needs to be repainted, so not too concerned. I just sprayed some primer on the holes today, waiting for my paint to show up. It will be fine. At least I dont have to worry about those rusted holes anymore.

2CA77A7B-6AA0-4BFF-BEF6-4A7039D84F1F.jpeg

64FE0364-C541-49EC-BBFE-71BE056F6B72.jpeg

Drove it to elk hunting camp in the rain.
20211008_174156.jpg

20211008_174158.jpg

20211008_194142.jpg

20211009_073609.jpg

Haha, of course hunting elk with a general season OTC tag in Utah means 1,000+ people chasing less than 100 elk so needless to say no luck with a bagging an elk.

But I found this guy and glassed up a few big bucks to chase during the deer hunt in another couple of weeks.

20211001_184238.jpg

20211001_184240.jpg

Of course elk meat woulda been great, but just being outside is enough.
Exactly, I still have a little meat left in the freezer from a cow elk I shot last year. I am more than happy to pay the state $50.00 so I can legally go camping and carry my rifle while I am hiking lol.

Drove it to elk hunting camp in the rain.
View attachment 2809273
View attachment 2809276
View attachment 2809280
View attachment 2809279

Haha, of course hunting elk with a general season OTC tag in Utah means 1,000+ people chasing less than 100 elk so needless to say no luck with a bagging an elk.

But I found this guy and glassed up a few big bucks to chase during the deer hunt in another couple of weeks.

View attachment 2809278
View attachment 2809275
If something goes sideways with the cruiser (unlikely) you can throw a saddle on that bad boy and ride out for help :rofl:

Well I had plans to do my driveline trouble shooting but came back to a a dead battery. Got that back up and going. This morning I wanted to start it and I let it idle for about 20 minutes and came back to a total surprise.

Coolant leak, about 3/4 of the reservoir gone now. I need to get more coolant to before starting it again to look for a source. Any ideas on this aggressive of a leak? Truck has been sitting here for 2 weeks so no clue what would have caused this.

113729EB-3602-411D-AE9E-4E5AD5A2256D.jpeg

Last edited:
^

Looks like it’s coming from the rear heater hose area
Rear heater was deleted by previous owner. It looks like it came from the drivers side by the radiator and dripped down to the low point across to the passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom