Cruise Control stopped working. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cruise control stopped working recently on my 2008 Land Cruiser. Checked fuses, all are good. The on/off button on the column does nothing, no light illuminates on the dash. Anyone?

Do you have techstream? I'd be looking for some sort of error reported there since it doesn't try to come on.

Mine works on and off on my 08. Sometimes the dash lights up but I can’t set it. Usually after several tries I can get it to work. So sounds like mine is a different situation.

Do these older models have radar cruise?

Do you have techstream? I'd be looking for some sort of error reported there since it doesn't try to come on.
I don't have techstream unfortunately. But thanks for chiming in! Maybe I can find someone in LA that does.

Mine works on and off on my 08. Sometimes the dash lights up but I can’t set it. Usually after several tries I can get it to work. So sounds like mine is a different situation.
I'd settle for working on and off lol. As of now its straight up dead!

I'd settle for working on and off lol. As of now its straight up dead!
How good are you with electrical troubleshooting? My first step would be to pull the airbag and test the cruise stalk against the resistance values in the service manual.

I’ve had issues with my ‘08 not working a few times on long trips. Curious what you discover is the problem.

I had intermittent inop cruise control on a 09 Tacoma, turned out to be the clock spring failing.

How good are you with electrical troubleshooting? My first step would be to pull the airbag and test the cruise stalk against the resistance values in the service manual.
I feel like its something bigger than that. Worked one day and boom dead the next. So weird.

I feel like its something bigger than that. Worked one day and boom dead the next. So weird.
If the on/off portion of the stalk stopped functioning you’d get your exact symptoms. Or the clock spring. But in my experience pulling the airbag isn’t difficult and a good place to start the troubleshooting.

If the on/off portion of the stalk stopped functioning you’d get your exact symptoms. Or the clock spring. But in my experience pulling the airbag isn’t difficult and a good place to start the troubleshooting.
Copy that! Thanks so much for your input. I will give it a shot first chance I get.

My cruise quit recently too, and the brake light switch stopped working. Replaced the brake light switch, cruise and brake light switch worked for a day now I'm back to no cruise and brake light permanently on. Curiously, when I flip the headlights on, I here a click under the center console just below the gear shifter. Is there a relay down there? Electrical is not my strength.

You can pull out the cup holder and look inside, for what its worth.

My cruise quit recently too, and the brake light switch stopped working. Replaced the brake light switch, cruise and brake light switch worked for a day now I'm back to no cruise and brake light permanently on. Curiously, when I flip the headlights on, I here a click under the center console just below the gear shifter. Is there a relay down there? Electrical is not my strength.

I think you should try another switch first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom