Builds Montana 65 FJ45LV "Tin Zen" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mtntopper

SILVER Star
Threads
I've had this LV for about three days now and it's starting to become clear that I've got a long road ahead to restore this old queen. My other major realization: I had no idea the cabin of the LV was such a special place to be, it's very proper modern design from the 60's.
I bought this one sight unseen so I was pleasantly surprised to find rust doesn’t seem too bad, but I know these things can hide it well. Here's a few pics from the first couple days of ownership.
20211003_145847.jpg
20211003_184900.jpg
20211003_184959.jpg
20211004_170324.jpg

I've had this LV for about three days now and it's starting to become clear that I've got a long road ahead to restore this old queen. My other major realization: I had no idea the cabin of the LV was such a special place to be, it's very proper modern design from the 60's.
I bought this one sight unseen so I was pleasantly surprised to find rust doesn’t seem too bad, but I know these things can hide it well. Here's a few pics from the first couple days of ownership.
View attachment 2805615View attachment 2805618View attachment 2805620View attachment 2805621
Quite a feeling bringing it home. Looking in the mirror a million times. You never forget it.

Really looks pretty good I would say. Rust usually lurks in the inside of the rear quarters and the doors. Those are factory floor mats - pretty cool. Not sure about the seat upholstery that pattern doesn’t look familiar. Looks like you’ve got all your seat and door hardware and everything though. I think you got a pretty good one, what’s the plan for it?

Great to see this. Thanks for sharing it with us. Looks Iike it has stories worth many lifetimes. Are you going to allow it share them or do you want a new leaf (bolt off restoration)?

I second the factory mat. Pretty cool. I have never seen one until now.

I second the factory mat. Pretty cool. I have never seen one until now.
Someone else on the forum had a set and was looking into reproducing them at some point. I can’t seem to find the thread anymore. Would be quite an undertaking I think to reproduce them - probably have to be an upholsterer that did it. The material is pretty different but I think @Mtntopper is right it probably contributed to the rust in a lot of these trucks as it doesn’t look like it would breathe well at all so any moisture would get trapped underneath.

EDIT: found the thread here. Time to resurrect it

Like @whitey45 said, lots of LV owners would love to have those floors! The great news is it doesn’t appear (at least for now) that you have a lot of parts to find or major body work to do. That’s where piecing one of these wagons together gets expensive. Hopefully the original drivetrain is in good shape too. Did you get that home as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom