Official LX570s Picture Thread (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes! Cargo box was selected specifically for its lower profile so I can also run my WeBoost Reach antenna a few inches higher than the cargo box and still clear the garage. Top of cargo box with 35's is 92.5" garage door is 96" to the rubber weather seal and another 3/4" before I start contacting the door frame. Plan to adjust the WeBoost antenna so it just touches the weather seal. This puts most of the functional element of the antenna above the cargo box giving a 360 degree view of the horizon. I'll have it on a folding marine mount so I can jump out and flip it down if I need that extra few inches to clear a parking garage. Do you do the same with yours, or just remove it entirely when not out in the sticks?

FYI - I followed a slightly modified version of your fit guide prior to installing the tires. Went and flexed it out last night and could not produce any rub. Fully flexed, full lock in reverse, in low mode, etc. No touching anywhere and tons of clearance on UCA with the 1" skinner rubber. Body mount is about 5/8" clearance at it's closest point so I may go ahead and chop it just for peace of mind.

I remove my trucker antenna when not out in the sticks. Actually, now that I have a directional yagi antenna on my camper, I find myself using the trucker antenna less. May sell it. I think your antenna might be okay in relation to the cargo box because composites shouldn't appreciably effect radio waves.

Sounds awesome that the 35x11.5s practically drop in. That size may be the ticket and really wouldn't give up much, while having some incremental advantages in efficiency and weight.

With as big as these tires are, I find at high inflation pressures (high sidewall spring rate) with higher freeway speeds and mixed with really broken pavement, that the damper settings in comfort may not provide enough damping for good wheel control. Sport setting can solve it and make for a more controlled and comfortable ride in these situations. Great to be able to adjust on the fly.

I'm surprised you guys were able to get a roof box on without it contacting the rear spoiler! I picked up a Thule Ascent 1100 (not 100% sure, it's a few years old) but was not able to move the crossbars forward enough. Thanks to @nakman, I picked up some LC rails, which should allow use of the roof box.

I'm surprised you guys were able to get a roof box on without it contacting the rear spoiler! I picked up a Thule Ascent 1100 (not 100% sure, it's a few years old) but was not able to move the crossbars forward enough. Thanks to @nakman, I picked up some LC rails, which should allow use of the roof box.

Yup. That's another reason I went to the LC rack. Just not enough length with the LX rack for skis, boxes, etc. Partly because of the spoiler. My old LX470 with a similar short rack worked okay as it didn't have a spoiler.

LC rack with 3 cross bars works great and has handled everything I need. While keeping stock aero and no additional noise.

How it should have come from the factory.

20210925_181237.jpg

20210925_181333.jpg

Great pics. Looks like your boy is having a blast.

What tires are you running?
Thank you. We had a great day together. We even got milkshakes in Silverton. I’ll never forget that day.
As for tires, they are just stock size Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Last edited:
I really like the way your car looks with those tires...they caught my eye earlier from your pictures. I know you said they’re stock sizing, but do you have the exact size? I’m going to be looking at tires here soon and really like the way they look.

Thank you. We had a great day together. We even got milkshakes in Silverton. I’ll never forget that day.
As for tires, they are just stock size Nitto Terra Grapplers.
I really like the way your car looks with those tires...they caught my eye earlier from your pictures. I know you said they’re stock sizing, but do you have the exact size? I’m going to be looking at tires here soon and really like the way they look.

Sorry for the double post, but couldn’t quote you correctly from my iPad

Sorry for the double post, but couldn’t quote you correctly from my iPad
No worries. They are 285/55/20. There's a slight rub when you have the wheel cranked the whole way but it's all good. I've really enjoyed them. They are not overly loud at highway speeds. Just a good All Terrain Tire.

Cheers!

No worries. They are 285/55/20. There's a slight rub when you have the wheel cranked the whole way but it's all good. I've really enjoyed them. They are not overly loud at highway speeds. Just a good All Terrain Tire.

Cheers!
Thanks, I think I’m convinced on 285/55R20 ATs on my stock rims after seeing your and @LazyL’s setups.

How bad is the rubbing with the car in low? Do you think I could get rid of all rubbing by just using a heat gun on the wheel wells or would trimming be required?

Also I’ve seen it mentioned often, but could someone enlighten me as to why 285/55R20s are preferred to 275/60R20 on the stock rims? I’m leaning towards LT Toyo AT3’s and feel like that additional bit of sidewall will help offset the harsher ride vs P Metrics.

Thanks, I think I’m convinced on 285/55R20 ATs on my stock rims after seeing your and @LazyL’s setups.

How bad is the rubbing with the car in low? Do you think I could get rid of all rubbing by just using a heat gun on the wheel wells or would trimming be required?

Also I’ve seen it mentioned often, but could someone enlighten me as to why 285/55R20s are preferred to 275/60R20 on the stock rims? I’m leaning towards LT Toyo AT3’s and feel like that additional bit of sidewall will help offset the harsher ride vs P Metrics.
The rubbing isn’t bad. It only happens at full wheel turn. I don’t give it a second thought.

I used to have 285/55/20s on stock wheels and never had any rubbing in any mode. It isn’t much bigger than stock. Mine were KO2s which run a little small. In any case, you can fit a larger tire with more sidewall without much effort.

The rubbing isn’t bad. It only happens at full wheel turn. I don’t give it a second thought.

I used to have 285/55/20s on stock wheels and never had any rubbing in any mode. It isn’t much bigger than stock. Mine were KO2s which run a little small. In any case, you can fit a larger tire with more sidewall without much effort.
Thank you both. Looking forward to learning a lot more on here. And just to keep this thread on topic, here’s a new to me 2016 LX with 44k miles and a meticulous service history via the Carfax. Was just picked up by the transporter earlier today in Houston and should be delivered to me by the end of the week.
6B8B0F70-DCA5-43E6-AB85-C3E33014F6B6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom