What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After many months got my Rhino bumper dialed with all lights and color matched sensors headlamp cleaners and color matched the plastic parts on the Rhino bumper! Love it

Just got my RLC rear carrier going to powder coat today!
4624E2B1-F3D1-4AB3-B83B-CE625215C3C0.jpeg

Installed single ARB drawer. Pleased with the drawer. Instructions weren't the best.

It came with enough spacers that I was able to stack an extra 5mm to each mounting point and keep the heavy duty mat in the back. Helps if you get a longer bolt for the front if keeping the mat in, but not required. Did have to trim the rubber mat's lip in two places where the drawer's rails hit it.

20210924_144445.jpg

20210924_145552.jpg

20210924_185829.jpg

Not letting me upload the video
.system is saying i have the wrong extension?
I think you'll have to upload to YouTube or similar and then post the link in a reply here and it should work.

Just tooling around in the minivan. One week in and the wife is still happy with the purchase, so that's a rare treat :eek:

20210924_174427.jpg
20210918_165945.jpg

Getting ready for a cross country drive and the wife asked that I make something so we can sleep in the car. Came up with these plywood and carpet things to bridge the gap between the drawers and rear seats when folded down. Never mind the fact that she likes to bring along so much stuff that we’re probably not going to be able to use them…

78B3FC91-B505-414A-BD34-FB612C2AFB88.jpeg

A4CB9AF4-8839-4B3E-A4D0-70FB14924EAE.jpeg

Installed single ARB drawer. Pleased with the drawer. Instructions weren't the best.

It came with enough spacers that I was able to stack an extra 5mm to each mounting point and keep the heavy duty mat in the back. Helps if you get a longer bolt for the front if keeping the mat in, but not required. Did have to trim the rubber mat's lip in two places where the drawer's rails hit it.

View attachment 2795115
View attachment 2795116
View attachment 2795121
Looks great. So removing carpet is not required to install these huh? Sounds like it is for some of the others. I'd love to do something like this with a 4" drawer on the right side for fridge slide to sit on top of. Mine is an HE though, so no 3rd row mounts visible right now.

Looks great. So removing carpet is not required to install these huh? Sounds like it is for some of the others. I'd love to do something like this with a 4" drawer on the right side for fridge slide to sit on top of. Mine is an HE though, so no 3rd row mounts visible right now.

Thanks

That's right, you don't remove the carpet. You do have to trim a small notch out of the carpet near the seat's front floor mount. You also have to trim some plastic webbing in the same area below the carpet at that mount point.

Today some of my parts for the camper box arrived.

I am only undecided which battery I will take. Possibly it will be an AGM battery from Hoppecke (good manufacturer who produce batteries mainly for grid and track applications such as telecommunications or power plants) because a friend who converts electric boats a few weeks ago has received a delivery. But 160Ah will probably be too much of a good thing for the Land Cruiser.

Let's see how the charger from Renogy does. As far as one of the few on the market that combine normal charging from the generator and solar panels in one device.
View attachment 2783222
I am interested in how the Renogy controller works out. Thinking about adding one to our travel trailer connected to the TLC primary battery.

I had some wifi gear leftover from a project. It is starting to get cooler here in Florida and I need to bolt some more stuff to the TLC. I am waiting for some parts to arrive. First I am adding two external antennas to the rear corners of the roof rack and a station to connect the LAN to a nearby access point. I am also considering adding a YAGI antenna ( either fixed or deployable ) on another station to connect to distant public hot spots. Any comments or suggestions?

IMG_8617.jpg

IMG_8615.jpg

IMG_8613.jpg

I had some wifi gear leftover from a project. It is starting to get cooler here in Florida and I need to bolt some more stuff to the TLC. I am waiting for some parts to arrive. First I am adding two external antennas to the rear corners of the roof rack and a station to connect the LAN to a nearby access point. I am also considering adding a YAGI antenna ( either fixed or deployable ) on another station to connect to distant public hot spots. Any comments or suggestions?

View attachment 2796962

View attachment 2796963

View attachment 2796964
Curious as I’ve never done something like this, but where do you source WiFi? Is this something like a hotspot?

Curious as I’ve never done something like this, but where do you source WiFi? Is this something like a hotspot?
This would connect to a Wifi that someone provides, like a campground or restaurant. That connection will allow your devices that are connected to a local Wifi router in the vehicle to reach the internet. It can provide a better connection, and it is convenient when you may have several Wifi devices, so you don't have to reconnect each one when you change locations. There are devices sold for RVs that can do that and more, like the Winegard products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom