PMPCRSR Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's been a while since I posted an update. I just took a ~5,000 mile cross country trip from Washington to Indiana and the cruiser performed flawlessly. Here are some shots from Badlands National Park in South Dakota.

IMG_0688.jpeg
C8B4C42D-360D-49CB-995D-61A3F2AEA8C5.jpeg

Here is a shot from a few weeks back camping in the Cascades near China Gorge on the Cle Elum River.

4E434C9D-D1FB-4A1C-AB1B-CDB8275EAEA9.jpeg

I'll be road tripping from the midwest to Seattle next month, taking a similar route through SD. How did it go considering the lockdown? I'm not sure what to expect or how to prepare.

I'll be road tripping from the midwest to Seattle next month, taking a similar route through SD. How did it go considering the lockdown? I'm not sure what to expect or how to prepare.

Everywhere I stopped was open. All the gas stations were open along the highways. I packed my own meals and only ate out twice, but the towns I drove through seemed to be open. I stayed mostly in the Badlands/Buffalo Gap area and Black Hills/ Rapid City area. I was kind of surprised that minimal precautions were being taken virtually everywhere I stopped outside of Seattle.

Excellent build thread! I keep telling my brother who lives in Seattle to buy a 100 series so I can fly out there and borrow it for PNW exploration :cool:

Two questions:
1) I really like how you externally routed the light bar harness. Any interference with the hood closing? Any additional wind noise?
2) The @BenCC supplied switch mount - did it fit with your LX overhead console? Mine is pretty small (with useless garage opener, I thought you need the LC version to make it work!)

Excellent build thread! I keep telling my brother who lives in Seattle to buy a 100 series so I can fly out there and borrow it for PNW exploration :cool:

Two questions:
1) I really like how you externally routed the light bar harness. Any interference with the hood closing? Any additional wind noise?
2) The @BenCC supplied switch mount - did it fit with your LX overhead console? Mine is pretty small (with useless garage opener, I thought you need the LC version to make it work!)
the switch mount does not fit the small-opening overhead console

Two questions:

If he ever buys one or you ever get yours out here don’t hesitate to look me up.

There is some interference with the wiring and weather stripping on the hood. My wiring was sealed and I added some additional loom for protection.

My LX is an 07 and has the homelink upper console with a larger opening.

Went camping this weekend at Frenchman Coulee in the Columbia River Gorge with the new awning setup. ARB 2500 awning with Dissent high rise awning brackets. Thanks @benc!

85E25A79-ECAC-4C36-8AF8-C647C7D88CCC.jpeg

D8ED9F41-2F30-4C83-894C-B3AFFF78836C.jpeg
D7C7170C-CE85-4C4B-8F39-F5A51CF136DC.jpeg

Good stuff. As I posted on another thread, I really need to get out of Florida! Maybe I missed it but what light bar is that?

Installed a Proclip phone mount. Bought an Encase belt clip phone holder instead of coughing up major $ for a Proclip holder. Tested it offroad this weekend and it works really well. No shifting, shaking or wobbling.

0E7A67EB-0CAE-455C-ACC4-09FC27C76477.jpeg
4D7F9CAD-A459-492F-94A7-DBE3A1487F2F.jpeg

Also picked up a Plano storage case and a Lifetime 55 quart cooler as inexpensive precursors to drawers and a fridge.

Last edited:
Explored some forest service roads in Wenatchee National Forest. Found this little road up the side of a mountain (Dirtyface Peak I think) with a nice view of the White River, Little Wenatchee River and Wenatchee Lake.

0353140D-FC24-4987-8334-19ACA1B5D240.jpeg

411E5F85-4205-4C96-8385-44F3C5811E43.jpeg

Different weekend, same National Forest. Camp setup on the Little Wenatchee River. Driving through Stevens Pass on a forest service road. Hiked up to Minotaur and Theseus lakes the next day. Made a pit stop in Leavenworth before heading home for beer and brats.

83A33B55-DA3C-416C-A12D-BA9B55379D5C.jpeg
13771479-7AC9-46C3-A9CB-95DC0C34FC93.jpeg
94E01F6F-690E-4B9C-8184-52D9FEB741F7.jpeg

Really glad I found this thread. Great work. How much did you pay to have the wheels powder coated?

It’s been a while since I posted an update. The cruiser was coming up on 180K miles so I took care of some preventative maintenance. Full timing belt job was completed - all pulleys and tensioners were replaced, wheel bearings were repacked, diff fluids changed, Fresh AHC fluid and power steering fluid replaced.

Also added a GFC Superlite RTT. It’s a huge upgrade from the ground tent I had been using. Shots below from a campsite I found in the Olympic National Forest close to the Hood Canal. It mounted direct to the dissent roof rack with no issues.

A158D7EA-D183-4BD1-B682-52B7C0752BE9.jpeg
4C354E3F-072A-44AE-9D54-2679B5C4D614.jpeg

Purchased a set of Tundra wheels off craigslist and had them powder coated in a matte grey. Tried my best at color matching the center caps using anthracite plasti dip. Close enough for me. Also coated all 5 wheels with a 9H ceramic coating.

now that the chrome wheels are gone I think I need to change my cruisers name ... open to suggestions.

I also swapped out the tired rear springs with new LC AHC springs. The original springs were pretty compressed from 14 years of use. Ride quality is definitely improved.

View attachment 2242518View attachment 2242519View attachment 2242520View attachment 2242522View attachment 2242521
Did you have to use any spacers for these wheels on your rig with stock AHC?

Did you have to use any spacers for these wheels on your rig with stock AHC?
No spacers needed. Only issue is you can’t run front center caps without modifications to either the cap or the front hub dust cap.

Recently added spidertrax spacers.
1D27FD2F-6F41-4D1C-80A6-DC02605497C5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom