Wanted WANTED: Primo 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
Hi all, I am looking for a top-tier, low mileage rust free 100 series anywhere in the country and I am willing to pay up for it and pay a finders fee (cash and/or beer!) if anyone wants to help me find it.

I am a longtime lurker and current 100 series owner. My current truck, which I bought at 170,000 miles a year or so ago has been mostly great but I bought a relatively inexpensive northern truck as a trial run (I’m a city dweller who never owned anything bigger than a 3 series BMW before this) and am now ready to commit to Cruiser Life and upgrade to something I can keep for 10+ years. I have had a lot of minor headaches related to undercarriage rust and will be passing this truck into somebody who has more time and garage space to maintain it.

What I am looking for is very specific: a 2004-2007 (no AHC if 06 or 07) truck in any color other than light blue, gold, or tan, with under 150,000 miles from a warm and dry climate with zero or minimal mods. I think 2005 is the sweet spot, as I don’t care about the extra power from the variable valve timing and have convinced myself (without evidence) that the simpler non-VVTi engines are more reliable. I know such a truck, with a good maintenance history from a good owner, will cost upwards of $30,000, and I’m OK with that. I’m less interested in the “50,000 miles for $50,000” type trucks but would certainly jump on one if it made sense.

This will not be a daily driver but I want it to be reliable enough that I’m comfortable with my wife and young kids taking it on 2 hour trips without me. I will use it as a second car for family trips, beach and trail driving, etc. No heavy off roading. It needs to make it on six hour drives to the beach every summer without any undue excitement.

I am maniacal about maintenance so you can know that the truck will be going to a good home. I will not park it on the street and let it rust to death. It will mostly be a summer car, and will be garaged year-round.

If you own such a truck and have been toying with selling but waiting for the right price, let me know. I would also happily pay a finders fee to anyone who connects me with a good one and/or helps me check it out. Feel free to PM me.

Thank you all. I’m blown away by the community here. I’ve owned a lot of cars and spent a lot of time on online forums for them and this is the most helpful, positive group I’ve ever come across. At the moment I don’t have much knowledge to offer but look forward to the day when I can give back.

Thank you.

Alex (Brooklyn, NY)

Hi, I have a 2000 LX470 with 88k miles.
it is not in the Country but just a boat ride from Florida.
First owner was a multimillionaire, second owner a banker who drove maybe 5 miles a day
interested in that?

Hi, I have a 2000 LX470 with 88k miles.
it is not in the Country but just a boat ride from Florida.
First owner was a multimillionaire, second owner a banker who drove maybe 5 miles a day
interested in that?
Hi thanks! I’m trying to stick with an LC and see what I dig up. But if that doesn’t work out I will open it up to an LX. What color? Any mods?

Its a pearl white exterior with Ivory (ithink thats the spec name) interior.
Just shy of 88kmiles. No mods, all original.
Engine never touched except for one ignition coil I changed.
AHC moves up and down but bumpy ride as I believe spheres are gone.
I am planning on deleting ahc and install OME suspension with 2” lift but if someone is interested I will hold off since it’s easier and cheaper to do in the states.
Great solid truck.

Its a pearl white exterior with Ivory (ithink thats the spec name) interior.
Just shy of 88kmiles. No mods, all original.
Engine never touched except for one ignition coil I changed.
AHC moves up and down but bumpy ride as I believe spheres are gone.
I am planning on deleting ahc and install OME suspension with 2” lift but if someone is interested I will hold off since it’s easier and cheaper to do in the states.
Great solid truck.
Thanks. Sounds like this isn’t the one for me.

Just posted my 2005 LC. Higher miles (188k) than you were looking for and I’m sure you saw it listed but PM if you want more pics or info. Thanks

Alex, check out RKTINC's post on page 26 of the "Most recent 100 series prices" thread. Exactly what your looking for. I won't even hold you to the finders fee!

Just posted my 2005 LC. Higher miles (188k) than you were looking for and I’m sure you saw it listed but PM if you want more pics or info. Thanks
I noticed that! I’m intrigued but also thinking the mileage might be a little high. Will PM you.

Alex, check out RKTINC's post on page 26 of the "Most recent 100 series prices" thread. Exactly what your looking for. I won't even hold you to the finders fee!
That is sooooo close but he mentions Michigan crust. My current truck is perfect except for crust so I’m looking for a dry climate car.

Yes, but he also mentions it's not serious enough to be an issue. And if you follow his post's you know he a very credible source here. Don't discount it without reaching out to him. He did mention he had some "local interest" though. And BTW, that color combo is killer...

Yes, but he also mentions it's not serious enough to be an issue. And if you follow his post's you know he a very credible source here. Don't discount it without reaching out to him. He did mention he had some "local interest" though. And BTW, that color combo is killer...
OK, I’ll reach out. Could be interesting. Or maybe he can give me some pointers on making my rust “not an issue” too!

I have a grey 2006 with grey interior and 79K miles I think I'm going to sell. It has AHC though.

I have a 2003 LC with 136k miles. I know it is just out of your age range, but it has been AZ for the past 4 years and is in great running condition. Let me know if you want more info.

Hey I have a 2004 LX 470, dark grey, grey interior. Definitely your top tier you are looking for.. 181k miles. Mild OME lift performed by Slee off road (AHC has been removed) . Slee sliders. Newer tires. All maintenance records from local Lexus dealership. De-chromed the shiny chrome with a vinyl wrap. Painted the original wheels black. Tinted windows. Personally I think k it looks amazingly clean inside and out. I have not put it up on any sites yet mostly because I have not figured out the replacement yet. Everything is working as it should. I have always taken great care of the LX. I have owned it since 2008ish. I think I am the second owner. I bought it with about 90k miles on it. No rust. It is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I will be asking $25,000. Let me know if you are interested.

20211023_142922.jpg

20211023_142804.jpg

20211023_142856.jpg

20211023_142827.jpg

That truck is a beauty.

Good luck with the sale, that one should go quick!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom