Thinking of selling my 2020 HE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the thread title indicates, I'm considering selling my '20 Blizzard White HE. I absolutely love the truck, but I am missing the open bed of a pick-up and I really don't have the room to keep two trucks. 14,000 easy miles. I've not been keeping up with the market. What is a late model 200 going for these days? Only mods are OEM front spacers, OEM running boards, fifth BBS wheel and five new Nitto Terra Grapplers (LT285/65R18). Thanks in advance.

Somebody posted a '21 HE with 10,100 miles on Facebook today in the "Land Cruiser 200 Owners Club" group for $98K USD, and lots of people are saying it is priced too low. It kind of blows my mind, but if people can get that kind of money, more power to them. They aren't making any more of them... Good luck with your sale, I'm sure it will make someone very happy!

Somebody posted a '21 HE with 10,100 miles on Facebook today in the "Land Cruiser 200 Owners Club" group for $98K USD, and lots of people are saying it is priced too low. It kind of blows my mind, but if people can get that kind of money, more power to them. They aren't making any more of them... Good luck with your sale, I'm sure it will make someone very happy!
I'm not sure I'm ready to part with it, but I know the current market is unusual and if I do sell it, I want to price it appropriately.

Placing an ad on Autotrader is simple and cheap. I'd put it on with a stretch price and see what you get. I've also seen a lot of overland type vehicles on BAT lately, but a 2020 LC may not be quirky enough for that platform, but an auction site like that will probably get you the best price.

If you actually dont want it and you're not a collector absolutely sell it. I would never recommend it otherwise. This is going to appreciate but on the long term.
I think in the short term everyone will see the deficiencies of the old platform and its inherent inefficiency and lack of power.
Overtime it will be sorely missed im sure, and having the outgoing HE is awesome. Specially if you don't drive it any more.

The new Tundra has been well received and Toyota has put its brand behind a DURABLE work focused hybrid. And so far we still all trust Toyota to be leader in longevity.
The old methodology of "tried and tested" is dead. And im happy to see it. Too bad we didnt get the same backing and enthusiasm in the 300.
Which, inversely is good for your vehicles value.

I am on the fence about selling mine too. mostly because I want an older classic cruiser and wife said I can't have both. I was offered 85k from CARVANA and 87k from CARMAX here in PA. They're going to turn around and sell it for ~96k (21' base model with 13k miles).

@outwardbound I've got a very nice fj55 I might trade you for your 200 :cool:.
08D057CD-3312-4749-9578-57BC58D70C89.JPG

ah, who am i kidding, I prob can't part with it.

Last edited:
I am on the fence about selling mine too. mostly because I want an older classic cruiser and wife said I can't have both. I was offered 85k from CARVANA and 87k from CARMAX here in PA. They're going to turn around and sell it for ~96k (21' base model with 13k miles).
If you are on the fence why does your sig say "(KEEPING FOR EVER!!!)" :)

My wife told me the same thing but I still have other Land Cruisers. Ask for forgiveness.

If someone wants to offer me an insanely high amount for any of mine, PM me. Just keep in mind the offer better be insanely high.

a 21 he for $98k will not appreciate in value. Fact. Toyota will bring the 300 back in 23 and these trucks will crater in value.

It’s a damn good vehicle, but it’s a gas pig and gas is getting more expensive.

If you are on the fence why does your sig say "(KEEPING FOR EVER!!!)" :)

My wife told me the same thing but I still have other Land Cruisers. Ask for forgiveness.

If someone wants to offer me an insanely high amount for any of mine, PM me. Just keep in mind the offer better be insanely high.
Fair point. That was the plan, and may still be. But insane money right?

Jeez, I paid less than that 6 months ago for New.

Used car market is crazy right now.

Does making a few bucks really matter? You're driving a $90k gas guzzling, under powered, technology challenged SUV because you want to. If you preferred to save some money and be practical, there were far better choices to begin with before you bought the LC200. Drive it or sell it based on if you like it or not and whether there's something else out there you want more.

And I'm not being critical as my daily driver is a 2020 HE.

Does making a few bucks really matter? You're driving a $90k gas guzzling, under powered, technology challenged SUV because you want to. If you preferred to save some money and be practical, there were far better choices to begin with before you bought the LC200. Drive it or sell it based on if you like it or not and whether there's something else out there you want more.

And I'm not being critical as my daily driver is a 2020 HE.

1) He said he was selling to get an open bed.
2) Why sell a car for $90K if the market will Pay $110K?

I didn't recommend selling for $90k. I'm suggesting that if he's on the fence, he might focus on why he made the selection in the first place and place less emphasis on making a little money selling it.

I didn't recommend selling for $90k. I'm suggesting that if he's on the fence, he might focus on why he made the selection in the first place and place less emphasis on making a little money selling it.
Not looking to make money, just get a sense of the market, which has not been normal.
Not looking for any other guidance, but thank you.

@Avalon911 I have to admit after 20 years of having a full size truck, I miss that open bed too (traded it in for the 200). Living in the boonies I used it all the time. Problem is, I love the LC. I am considering selling one of my older ones to fund a truck purchase. Wish I had more garage space I would keep them all. Every cruiser I have sold I have regretted. Except that one I imported from costa rica, don't miss that.

I think this is where a tray back and removable canopy conversion to the 200 must shine. Best of both worlds. Having owned a few Tundras, not sure I could go back (I tried last fall and it lasted about a month before I had another 200). 200 to Tundra is nowhere near an apples to apples move - it is hard to go back once you've had a 200. High end Tundras are nice enough, but they don't have the fit, finish, comfort, handling, and luxury of a 200. I have a fantasy of buying as new a 200 as I can swing then sending it to Mule Outfitters and having them do a MITS alloy tray and canopy. I don't see a downside (other than cost).

Last edited:
My bet the new sequoia will top $80k on the platinum trim. I think you could easily fetch $90-95.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom