Pig Picture Album (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My price on that door was/is $930. I only say my price because I don't know if he gives everyone the same price. Plus shipping of course. I think I got a deal with the passenger fender I bought from him a few months back. IIRC that only cost me $300.

After trying to open mine and fix the contacts, I got the right turn to work and the left turn to work sometimes…the High and Low beam refused to work. So I bought a NOS turn signal switch from Yemen for $280 plus shipping. Waiting on it now…

FBB20F19-B9B3-4D12-8712-DFB0CD013719.jpeg

You’re telling me! Had a sweet, mint condition late 70’s street legal Kawasaki 100 enduro in my early teens. My dad picked it up for $100 from someone who let it sit too long and the gas turned to varnish throughout the system. I cleaned it up myself and rode the piss out of it, making it do it’s best impression of a trials bike. Trashed on it hard. After a couple years it ended up going to scrap. Probably would’ve been worth a couple hundred now.
stepwise
Had a Yamaha IT 250 Enduro 1979 brand new in crate $1,300 . Bike was built for flat out desert racing was crazy fast. I'm driving it in woods only way to take corners was to Whack the throttle and kick the Ass end out to turn. Needless to say me and trees were like magnets 🧲😔😐🙃. Went through 6 sets of handle bars driving that Crazy bike.
df9ac65cf4e3b20cc535060a977d6fbe.jpg

Back in the day I had an IT250 that was street legal (turn signals, license plate), but I didn’t use it on the roads much more than it took to get it off-road.

That and hunting birds in the farmers’ fields when they were in-season what what I did when I wasn’t working. Nevada has a lot of trails, the job took me to a lot of places in NV, so I’d stand the bike in the back of the dually if I had room. (Dad seemed to always have something that needed to go with.)

It was a lot of fun to get out into nature. My recollection was that the bike seemed to handle better the harder you flogged it, and that you could scare the hell out of yourself in a wash in 5th or 6th gear.

I also had a FJ1100 for about as long as it took my brother to “borrow” it, lose it around a turn, low side it into a curb where it promptly flipped and took the nearby telephone pole across the gas tank.

He showed up on Fremont Street (back when we cruised Fremont) smelling like gasoline. “I wrecked your bike.”

I just wanted to be sure he was OK at that point.

He turned around and bought a FJ1200, and a friend of his “borrowed” it while my brother was … “occupied” with a young woman at a party.

Kid rode that 1200 through a cinder block wall. He survived because the bike made a hole. He followed the bike through the hole. Spent 6 months in the hospital.

That was about the end of bikes for them Thompson boys, except for that IT250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom