What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got around to applying Adams graphene ceramic coating. First did a full wash using Adams stripper wash, then a full clay bar.

Since its only a few months old with only 1800 miles, it had 1 or two light scratches that I opted not to polish out as to preserve the layers of clear coat and just wait a few years and accumulate more scratches before polishing.

Then applied ceramic coating. Started at 10am and finished at around 9pm.

Today am going to apply fluid film all over.

IMG_0400.jpeg
IMG_0399.jpeg

IMG_0398.jpeg

IMG_0397.jpeg
IMG_0402.jpeg

Last edited:
I drained the rear diff just for the heck of it at 13370 miles. The oil was a dark tea color. The magnet had "gook" on it which I assume is metal filings at the near microscopic size. It was uneventful except THE BOLTS WERE ON REALLY TIGHT. I literally hung on the bolts, used all my strength and could not budge them. I was finally able to loosen them after few hammer blows to the bolts. These bolts came this tight from the factory! I'd recommend having a replacement upper bolt handy as my socket bit into the bolt.

I'd like to do the front diff but I'm scared to death of the 10mm allen bolts. I have the replacement Lexus bolts for the 14mm std socket but geez I'll never get them out if they're like the rear diff.
FYI oil color is not necessarily indicative of wear or a lack of oil protection properties. Apparently it's just the phosphorous coating coming off which turns the oil darker. There really shouldn't be much if any metal as the OEM gears are lapped at the factory, but not surprising if there's some coating/oil on the machined surfaces to protect them until first use.

"Don't be super-surprised if there's some glitter and glistening in your gear oil after removing it from your differential. That's normal during break-in as the phosphorous coating/machine oil comes off the gears and any metal particles that may have stayed on the gears during their initial machining and lapping."

Mounted and balanced 5 mickey Thompson baja boss a/t. 315/70/17 load range E. So far, it's a heck of a lot quieter than my previous yokohama g003 m/t for obvious reasons.

Im also slowly collecting parts for a tundra front end conversion. I think I should order the shocks now, since everything seems to be on intergalactic back order.

20210920_203331.jpg

Mounted and balanced 5 mickey Thompson baja boss a/t. 315/70/17 load range E. So far, it's a heck of a lot quieter than my previous yokohama g003 m/t for obvious reasons.

Im also slowly collecting parts for a tundra front end conversion. I think I should order the shocks now, since everything seems to be on intergalactic back order.

View attachment 2792681
Truck looks awesome!

Are those official HE badges or filed down FJ ones?

looks great! what's the wind noise like with the baserack vs.
Thanks! I've been running around for the last 18ish months with no rack at all (factory or otherwise), and this ARB Base Rack is no different noise-wise as far as my ears can tell. It's a very well built rack, and the deflector design is different than any I've seen (I'm sure ARB has engineered these parts way more than 99% of other rack manufacturers out there could/would.) The deflector actually directs the air down/under the rack rather than up/over like others.

Thanks! I've been running around for the last 18ish months with no rack at all (factory or otherwise), and this ARB Base Rack is no different noise-wise as far as my ears can tell. It's a very well built rack, and the deflector design is different than any I've seen (I'm sure ARB has engineered these parts way more than 99% of other rack manufacturers out there could/would.) The deflector actually directs the air down/under the rack rather than up/over like others.
Awesome. Still waiting for mine but it looks like I wouldn’t get it bevore Christmas…. I wrote today to a store in france and hopefully they habe it in stock.
Deflector and other stuff already arrived

Thanks for the feedback. I'm on the fence on a roof rack. I don't really want to cover up my sunroof with a rack. ARB makes a smaller size for rear only, which i would do, but probably want the full length for if and when I want to run an awning and RTT. No perfect solution. Thanks for the info on the wind noise though!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm on the fence on a roof rack. I don't really want to cover up my sunroof with a rack. ARB makes a smaller size for rear only, which i would do, but probably want the full length for if and when I want to run an awning and RTT. No perfect solution. Thanks for the info on the wind noise though!
Gamiviti is the perfect solution. Give him a call and he can customize the rack for your exact needs. Roof Racks — Gamiviti - http://www.gamiviti.com/roofracks

Last edited:

Im also slowly collecting parts for a tundra front end conversion. I think I should order the shocks now, since everything seems to be on intergalactic back o
What mods were needed to fit those monster tires on there?
Looks awesome!

Passing through on way back to Texas so just had to stop to chat and purchase some odds and ends.

1B5CF809-98D4-4882-BDEE-FAAEF075BDAA.jpeg

A5134305-4DCB-4F4E-9EF6-B801F6462BFB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom