Builds 95' FZJ80 Build with 6BT swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The bypass is really for air bleed. It doesn’t flow anything but self bleeds the system when you fill it. The cummins motors have one also. It’s a short 4” hose right around the thermostat. Not sure what Dustin’s kit does for that with his assesory bracket

Here is my setup. I don't know if this was the stock Dodge setup or not.
IMG_1633.jpg
IMG_1610.jpg

Here is my setup. I don't know if this was the stock Dodge setup or not. View attachment 1789173 View attachment 1789174

Awesome. Thank you for the photo, that’s very helpful. It looks like you have a Duiser radiator elbow.

The “bypass” you have running to the Toyota radiator nipple is actually for the heater core lines on the Dodge. But it looks like it works well in that application!

Edit: There may actually be two ports in the stock Dodge configuration - one for the heater core, and one for the bypass/bleeder. It looks like you have a bypass/bleeder in one, and a temp sensor in the other.

FEE72_B50_CD88_4_C35_B604_6_C071_B73_D88_D.jpg

6658_E6_CF_338_A_4_FA6_88_EF_C4_A1_F3305820.jpg

This guys fabricated his own out of stainless, and makes the routing more obvious. Dunno what the third stainless line to the turbo is for though. Maybe it’s a water-cooled turbo?

851_CD0_E7_A057_460_D_B94_D_75_BD60_D50677.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. Thank you for the photo, that’s very helpful. It looks like you have a Duiser radiator elbow.

The “bypass” you have running to the Toyota radiator nipple is actually for the heater core lines on the Dodge. But it looks like it works well in that application!

Edit: There may actually be two ports in the stock Dodge configuration - one for the heater core, and one for the bypass/bleeder. It looks like you have a bypass/bleeder in one, and a temp sensor in the other.

This guys fabricated his own out of stainless, and makes the routing more obvious. Dunno what the third stainless line to the turbo is for though. Maybe it’s a water-cooled turbo?
The sensor is for my electric fans. As for heater I didn't use any hard lines, only using heater hose. And yes unfortunately I am using the Duiser elbow which has failed twice. Once it cracked and the other time it just straight up started leaking. Dustin did replace it at no cost but his reputation on customer service is not something I like dealing with. Both the failures were on his 1st gen thermostat housing. I now have the 2nd gen and haven't had any issues as it is a much better design. I am hoping to not use it on my 75 build and stick with the stock setup since I will not be installing AC.

Stock dodge.

The circled item in the middle that looks like a bolt head in above post is a head bolt don’t remove it.

image.jpg

Stock dodge.

The circled item in the middle that looks like a bolt head in above post is a head bolt don’t remove it.
Ha. Yeah I loosened it once thinking it was a port.

Been a while since I have added any build updates, but I have been working on several projects. One project I have had on the back-burner for quite some time is adding boost/EGT/trans temp gauge, but have not been able to find a mounting solution that I like. Since I couldn't find a clean mounting solution, I decided to come up with my own. I freshened up my CAD skills a bit and went to work designing a mount for this glowshift 3 in 1 gauge that replaces the vent on the right side of the cluster. I 3d printed the mount in black ABS, and after a lot of sanding came out with a pretty clean part. Still need to get it wired up, so I will post a picture with it lit up once I get my engine reinstalled(more on that to come ;) )
guage1.jpg

gauge2.jpg

gauge3.jpg

guage4.jpg

I have been working on getting the Cruiser stripped down and body work done in preparation for a new coat of paint for several months. Shell is painted, and it feels good to be about to the point where I can start putting it back together rather than taking things apart.
80_shell_painted_front.jpg
80_shell_painted_rear.jpg

I have been working on getting the Cruiser stripped down and body work done in preparation for a new coat of paint for several months. Shell is painted, and it feels good to be about to the point where I can start putting it back together rather than taking things apart.
View attachment 2791743View attachment 2791745
Is that the TRD Cavalry Blue color? I always thought that would look sick on a cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom