What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got an alignment after fully done monkeying with the suspension and UCAs. Also added spidertrax wheel spacers. Dont care what anybody says negative about wheel spacers love the look! Still work in progressView attachment 2783685
Love the look of your LX!
What size spacers did you use? I have Method 305s too at 17 x 8.5 but 35 offset with 285/75/17 and still tucked in behind the fenders. 1.25 spacers might stick out too much and yours look perfect

Long time coming. Time to try out this little guy and 4.88s

694F4A06-2FCF-4D30-B425-CE538C8C6607.jpeg

Yup, rear as well. The new style air fitting also helped route the air line away from the exhaust, which was good.

Love the look of your LX!
What size spacers did you use? I have Method 305s too at 17 x 8.5 but 35 offset with 285/75/17 and still tucked in behind the fenders. 1.25 spacers might stick out too much and yours look perfect
Hi, I don't have methods, these are Evo Corse Dakar Zero. They have a 40mm offset, and I did use the 1.25in Spider Tray. Ordered through Slee. Hope this helps!

Ripped off most of passenger side AHC on my LX 570. God bless all you guys that work on the AHC. I had to resort to grinder and sawzall to remove some components. The thing is built pretty damn well but any replacement looks like a chore.

Wife heads out for a grocery run with the little one and calls me a few minutes later.

"There's a yellow triangle and exclamation point and the check engine light just turned on."

"Oh that's fun..."

"Oh that's fine? Great, I'll see you later."

"No no no... come home. And for the record, it's NOT fun."

She gets home and the idle is a little bouncy, so I'm thinking I've got a sensor that's somehow gone bad on a relatively low mileage truck. What the heck. I send her out in the company car to get the groceries and grab a cheapo OBD2 scanner at WalMart for $15.

Sitting on the conference call with my mind wandering on what it could be. MAF? O2?

"...Mr. spazzyfry, are you there? Do you think we can move forward with this project??" I vaguely hear the Zoom call ring out.

"Ah. Um. Yes, of course."

Must be the O2 sensor. These damn Land Cruisers. Reliable. Heh!

Wife gets back with the ChinaCodeReader 9000 fearing the worst. I knew it! It's a P0441 and P0455 code! Wait, no. That can't be right.

I ran through nearly half a day wondering what the hell was going on with this truck and the gas cap wasn't screwed on all the way.

Wife heads out for a grocery run with the little one and calls me a few minutes later.

"There's a yellow triangle and exclamation point and the check engine light just turned on."

"Oh that's fun..."

"Oh that's fine? Great, I'll see you later."

"No no no... come home. And for the record, it's NOT fun."

She gets home and the idle is a little bouncy, so I'm thinking I've got a sensor that's somehow gone bad on a relatively low mileage truck. What the heck. I send her out in the company car to get the groceries and grab a cheapo OBD2 scanner at WalMart for $15.

Sitting on the conference call with my mind wandering on what it could be. MAF? O2?

"...Mr. spazzyfry, are you there? Do you think we can move forward with this project??" I vaguely hear the Zoom call ring out.

"Ah. Um. Yes, of course."

Must be the O2 sensor. These damn Land Cruisers. Reliable. Heh!

Wife gets back with the ChinaCodeReader 9000 fearing the worst. I knew it! It's a P0441 and P0455 code! Wait, no. That can't be right.

I ran through nearly half a day wondering what the hell was going on with this truck and the gas cap wasn't screwed on all the way.
heh. also you just committed to a project at work which is going to run late and over budget because like everyone else on this forum you were thinking about what's most important (your cruiser!) and not what's in front of you ;)

Hello All, We just got our first LC a few weeks ago (2013 LC w/56k miles). I've started off small...

Yesterday I fixed my leakage problem at the rear diff actuator and mountet my new plates on the tires. 28mm on each side. But looks like I have to do some work on the wheel well…
Any good ideas for this instead of just cutting?
D61DFD28-956D-4526-B387-0AD1FDD4ECE9.jpeg
A6980D20-83FC-40C1-960E-2A9BAC349D58.jpeg

/edit

You can forget about the lock again. Was one of those problems that solved itself overnight.... This morning the reduction and the lock were out again. Possibly just tension that had to loosen.
And I have simply dismantled the splash guard front. So the tire also no longer grinds 🤪

Last edited:
Joined the 200 club with this bitchin' minivan.

20210918_100725.jpg

By the way, the damage multiplier works.

20210918_122017.jpg

Hello All, We just got our first LC a few weeks ago (2013 LC w/56k miles). I've started off small...
Thanks for sharing these functional mods. Do you have any other pics of the modified Gemini mount? I have the same mount and going to newer iPhone soon.

Also, how hard was it to install the usb charger in the switch plate?

Thanks for sharing these functional mods. Do you have any other pics of the modified Gemini mount? I have the same mount and going to newer iPhone soon.

Also, how hard was it to install the usb charger in the switch plate?
The Gemini mount has a 17mm ball mount at the top, so you can swap out the CS magnet anything that’s compatible. I happened to have a vent mount MagSafe holder from my old truck (which I linked in my post) that had the MagSafe charger holder attached to the vent clip with a 17mm ball mount so it worked perfectly.

The USB port in the switch plate was very easy. I already had the panel below the steering wheel off (just search on Mud for instructions). It much easier to remove the switch blanks from the back side of the panel (you have to remove one for the Gemini mount as well) I just used an add a fuse in one of the empty switched circuits in the fuse block in the driver side footwell. The usb port then just snaps right into the open switch location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom