200 series picture thread (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hate to be "that guy" but please do not place tires off trail like this. It very quickly destroys the vegetation and accelerates erosion, and in these high alpine environments the damage takes decades to recover from and can even be permanent. There is immense and growing scrutiny on our trails in Colorado, and going off trail (even a little bit) is what leads to closures. I know you intend no harm whatsoever, but these are exceptionally fragile environments we must all work hard to preserve so people can enjoy for generations to come.

PS - I'm out of town right now, but next time you're in Colorado shoot me a message and I can take you on some my fav trails :)

I hate to be "that guy" but please do not place tires off trail like this. It very quickly destroys the vegetation and accelerates erosion, and in these high alpine environments the damage takes decades to recover from and can even be permanent. There is immense and growing scrutiny on our trails in Colorado, and going off trail (even a little bit) is what leads to closures. I know you intend no harm whatsoever, but these are exceptionally fragile environments we must all work hard to preserve so people can enjoy for generations to come.

PS - I'm out of town right now, but next time you're in Colorado shoot me a message and I can take you on some my fav trails :)
I’ll have to take you up on that next time I’m in CO!

I totally agree about the trails. This was a major parking/turn around area at the top of a trail in NM. Makes sense not to do that…… “tread lightly” woops. The forest service/BLM has moved a lot of dirt in this spot to keep the UTV traffic from tearing up the side of the hill. I’ll definitely keep that in mind to just stay on the trails as much as possible as not to disturb the vegetation.

Long Beach WA

i-bghWXZW-X3.jpg

i-Cf8mmF9-X3.jpg

Stared at the Long Beach forecast last two weekends and didn’t go ☹️
I love Long Beach, we got some super nice weather! And the sand is looser than Ocean Shores so makes for some fun!

You're 100 percent right. I was going to say the same thing. Tread lightly, leave no trace and stay on the trail.

I’ll have to take you up on that next time I’m in CO!

I totally agree about the trails. This was a major parking/turn around area at the top of a trail in NM. Makes sense not to do that…… “tread lightly” woops. The forest service/BLM has moved a lot of dirt in this spot to keep the UTV traffic from tearing up the side of the hill. I’ll definitely keep that in mind to just stay on the trails as much as possible as not to disturb the vegetation.
I was in Mora Valley, NM earlier in the summer and the NF Roads/Trails off NM 518 in the Carson National Forest between Mora and Taos looked very inviting. Unfortunately, i did not make time this trip to explore that area in particular. Nor did i have time to pick up a motor vehicle use map for the area from a ranger station. looking forward to returning to explore.

Does anyone have any FR/Trails they could recommend along NM 518? Also, if you havent been it is definitely a must see. not too busy but amazing scenery and very friendly people in the area.

Here are some pics from that trip.

Visited Valles Caldera and managed to get a permit for the back roads.
lcvc 2.jpg
lcvc 1.jpg

We made a stop to check out AguaPiedra Campground on the way back to Mora on NM 518

lcap1.jpg

cheers

I was in Mora Valley, NM earlier in the summer and the NF Roads/Trails off NM 518 in the Carson National Forest between Mora and Taos looked very inviting. Unfortunately, i did not make time this trip to explore that area in particular. Nor did i have time to pick up a motor vehicle use map for the area from a ranger station. looking forward to returning to explore.

Does anyone have any FR/Trails they could recommend along NM 518? Also, if you havent been it is definitely a must see. not too busy but amazing scenery and very friendly people in the area.

Here are some pics from that trip.

Visited Valles Caldera and managed to get a permit for the back roads.
View attachment 2787047View attachment 2787048

We made a stop to check out AguaPiedra Campground on the way back to Mora on NM 518

View attachment 2787049

cheers
Hey that’s Walt Longmire’s cabin!

1631755337751.jpeg

Man I wish I had that problem!

What’s your tire/suspension setup?

Advantages of living 5 miles outside of the nearest town of 200 I guess. There are a couple of disadvantages too.

BP51 Lift, 275/70R18 BFG K02, 1 1/4" spidertrax spacer. Rides really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

• UGN
Back
Top Bottom