New LC200 front bumper from Dissent Off-road *teaser* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kem

Threads
Website
www.dissentoffroad.com
Filip from Dissent Off-road here, I wanted to update you all on some exciting changes to our LC200 lineup. We really appreciate all the support we receive from mud so we wanted to announce it here first.

We have redesigned our low profile bumper that fits all years of the Land Cruiser 200 bringing it up to date with our Full Replacement 2016+ bumper and our LX 570 front.

The old low-profile bumper was the evolution of our 100 series bumper adapted for the 200. The 2016+ Full Replacement and LX 570 bumpers were designed with a clean slate for the 200 platform. So now we bring in our low-profile bumper to follow suit and to update it to our current design language. All three bumpers will utilize the same center section which will be available with or without the 30" light bar provision. It is very similar to the LX 570 front bumper but with different wings that match the profile of the Land Cruiser.

Everything else you love about our 200 bumpers stays the same. It's still largely made out of Aluminum (steel frame brackets), supports all our lighting options in the wings, comes with a winch bracket to relocate a Comeup winch control box, integrated recover points, and a modular design that helps ensure perfect fitment.

Fits 08-12, 13-15, & 2016+

Pricing and availability TBD, we will update this thread in the next couple weeks.

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

Thats awesome. Im not into bull bars or excess weight so Dissent is on the top of my shopping list.

That new design looks really nice. How involved is the installation?

Something anyone can do at home with basic mechanic tools. The only thing you may need to borrow or buy is a tool to cut the factory bumper with.
Cutting the factory bumper is the one piece of installing aftermarket bumpers on the LC200 that scares me as I've never been a fan of doing things that aren't (fairly easily) reversible. But this isn't a fault of your product as my understanding is that this step is needed for any of the aftermarket bumpers.

Filip from Dissent Off-road here, I wanted to update you all on some exciting changes to our LC200 lineup. We really appreciate all the support we receive from mud so we wanted to announce it here first.

We have redesigned our low profile bumper that fits all years of the Land Cruiser 200 bringing it up to date with our Full Replacement 2016+ bumper and our LX 570 front.

The old low-profile bumper was the evolution of our 100 series bumper adapted for the 200. The 2016+ Full Replacement and LX 570 bumpers were designed with a clean slate for the 200 platform. So now we bring in our low-profile bumper to follow suit and to update it to our current design language. All three bumpers will utilize the same center section which will be available with or without the 30" light bar provision. It is very similar to the LX 570 front bumper but with different wings that match the profile of the Land Cruiser.

Everything else you love about our 200 bumpers stays the same. It's still largely made out of Aluminum (steel frame brackets), supports all our lighting options in the wings, comes with a winch bracket to relocate a Comeup winch control box, integrated recover points, and a modular design that helps ensure perfect fitment.

Fits 08-12, 13-15, & 2016+

Pricing and availability TBD, we will update this thread in the next couple weeks.

View attachment 2787839

View attachment 2787840

View attachment 2787841

View attachment 2787843

View attachment 2787844
great looking bit of kit! one of these days I will convince HQ that this is the right thing to do :)

Cutting the factory bumper is the one piece of installing aftermarket bumpers on the LC200 that scares me as I've never been a fan of doing things that aren't (fairly easily) reversible. But this isn't a fault of your product as my understanding is that this step is needed for any of the aftermarket bumpers.
It's not a huge deal, you can always buy a replacement bumper cover and have it painted. Wouldn't be any different than if you bumped into someone in a parking lot and smashed up that cover. Just keep the old fog lights, etc

Personally I'm a fan of burning the ships. Commit to the build... unless you're going to move your Dissent bumper to another vehicle of a similar model year what are you going to do with it when you revert back to OEM and pull it off?

Cutting the factory bumper is the one piece of installing aftermarket bumpers on the LC200 that scares me as I've never been a fan of doing things that aren't (fairly easily) reversible.

Don't be scared guys. A 5-year old can do it with an oscillating tool! proof:

Toy block of wood, painters tape, oscillating tool, and patience.

Guys - I know HOW to do it, should already have the appropriate tools, and I'm sure I CAN do it. I'm just the type of person who prefers to be able to put all the original stuff back if I choose to do so. For example, I've purchased extras for the interior panels I've cut holes in for adding extra USB charging ports and stashed them away for future use so I can get the interior back to factory if I need to at some point. I know I'm not the only one who does this... :)

Dang, I should have ordered one of these when I ordered my sliders a few weeks back. But I guess I spent that money on Kings from Filthy :)

Not true for some of the fronts. TJM makes a full replacement (no OEM bumper cutting).

New replacement bumper skin sans paint & fog light surrounds is $228. Pretty surprising they are that cheap. I think they are $500 w/ factory paint. I installed a TJM full replacement bumper so I'm selling my 2019 in Grey if any one is looking. The thing is huge to have laying around on the off chance I would ever convert back. Believe me once you spend a ridiculous amount of time installing an aftermarket bumper on one of these the idea of converting it back will seem less attractive. https://www.carparts.com/details/To...kLDKwrNboRIHwb6WzJBoCwIAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I really like it.
Is there a way to get it with black bolts/hardware? That has been the one thing that looks off to me about the Dissent bumpers.

@kem can we get a true side profile picture even with the bumper to get an idea how much it sticks out?

Great looking bumper, IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom