Official LX570s Picture Thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good . Those wheels are awesome, albeit pretty pricey. Offset is pretty low, do they drive okay? kick up a lot of mud/dirt on the body when offroad?
Thanks. Drive fine to me after the switch. Haven't done much offroading yet with them so not sure yet on the mud/dirt. Will post once I do.

I've joined the club! I used to have an FJ60 about 10 years ago that I was restoring but was forced to sell it after baby number 1 came along, never had time to work on it between baby time and work. Wife wasn't a fan of it sitting idle in the backyard. She always said she'd replace it when the time came.

With the crazy LC prices, I went the LX route. Took a risk and purchased without ever testing it out or even seeing it in person, the price was too good to pass up. Flew up and drove her home 700 miles, loved every mile. I previously had a 2016 GX and it's difficult to be negative about it, I loved it, but the LX is just another level. I know I know, I need to ditch the 21's, working on it but hard to sell the wife on it seeing as the dealership slapped on brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV's on them before putting it for sale. Obligatory poser shot!

20210916_102506 (1).jpg

I've joined the club! I used to have an FJ60 about 10 years ago that I was restoring but was forced to sell it after baby number 1 came along, never had time to work on it between baby time and work. Wife wasn't a fan of it sitting idle in the backyard. She always said she'd replace it when the time came.

With the crazy LC prices, I went the LX route. Took a risk and purchased without ever testing it out or even seeing it in person, the price was too good to pass up. Flew up and drove her home 700 miles, loved every mile. I previously had a 2016 GX and it's difficult to be negative about it, I loved it, but the LX is just another level. I know I know, I need to ditch the 21's, working on it but hard to sell the wife on it seeing as the dealership slapped on brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV's on them before putting it for sale. Obligatory poser shot!

View attachment 2787704

you must send me the link to that diecast model immediately :D

^Nice!! Moar pics of the front end after you get her back together please.

Need to get out on the trails and get some real photos now, but I finally got some new shoes on the LX.

35x11.50R20 Toyo OpenCountry AT3's. Ride is super smooth and quiet compared to the stock size Terra Grappler G2's that came off. 1" BORA spacers seem to be working nicely, plenty of clearance on UCA and Body Mount. Trimmed and tucked the front wheel wells fore and aft. Didn't touch a thing in the rear. So far have not been able to produce any rub even stuffing it, reversing at full lock etc.

35s.jpg

driver 35.jpg

Need to get out on the trails and get some real photos now, but I finally got some new shoes on the LX.

35x11.50R20 Toyo OpenCountry AT3's. Ride is super smooth and quiet compared to the stock size Terra Grappler G2's that came off. 1" BORA spacers seem to be working nicely, plenty of clearance on UCA and Body Mount. Trimmed and tucked the front wheel wells fore and aft. Didn't touch a thing in the rear. So far have not been able to produce any rub even stuffing it, reversing at full lock etc.

View attachment 2792518
View attachment 2792519
Man that is looking beefy!

View attachment 2792518
View attachment 2792519

Is that normal height? Any sensor lift?

Glamping in Joshua Tree. A desert place that is strangely magical between all the gardens of Joshua Trees, cactus, and rocks.

RusBzCmzhjW2Kpi-7nqwo9Vrd5Ih19QqPrTAeLJahksm861HJdi-y6ikGzD8UPdi5Wa82FEbb6Qt34fIpvRsBeymA1FtwGpNWCvgwjJGT5nHqbEvUds8i6nHUXHsVQ9v35Nl4aHKFX-96yr62rfm777i0lMt1qKs_ZmM6ibnSLE4895D4LC51oYQijaDblj8kYfpoxc1pzZY26H96lRAf82a4NO-8NitbC5dQofKUXgrNvOKwG02Eypaj9aFRFKIOshzdYS9kyrXycmwbuyY6T2wGkIYgnKIL0rpRQ9_XSJ7SJcK7ulQuMS_X2aSd8ameAviFxuznGgGLOxH8iveHgZ6X3U8iw_zocMdzGCU7Bebvb41dU8iMubnb4ogrMS_9tVU-iLFyehrtmr5kaUBh2cjxIrcAuNDPVLrErO_rI9JiKqgRdMqFDP_s_Fuypm50tqi_zvnG55SKrjmAMus0n0HOjiZYTMSe7O9kiq6DpobnZMLgAdG9azrVnYWWmHC9G6vEbwwGa1rnWSL9Jxdt3N5Rg3vaRgro7p_8BarAF4q0yuxkV3zMg17mLEozkzsAcsI5RnFG2LzQmikMwh1tTLtT4QHpyKSwabpYPIatz17NnIejQsrEOgfHymxer50vR7vwHRQ0wPWGi99bSGjZbvOGeJqhQ3sySa4_i5N_TUoEjNVCexZnhF18GG74LqZwgtC81But-7CXVfaCp6aDWMr=w1316-h927-no

Also got some great off-roading in. Berdoo Canyon was mild. Old Dale and some of the off shoots to various points of interest like Brooklyn Mine can get more serious with a few areas needing more clearance and strong tires against sharp rocks. GFC Superlite RTT worked out great, kids loved it, and didn't feel almost any impact to drivability or added weight up top.

H7oTeRs_XsPg1HgM4p26RzVde3VC3ooxaVMbTgGckwdq6lDn5ZCD2NDIkpCmKdCkfiplViwbw9bMMUoTVRtALdDTVnhm26nrL0ZuwXDJKIiUZBA_C-7iRdewgVCKOiFaQq_XK24gGBYI5weCAkYFun8tcy_rmqci__sXaksUdq_BXpAsrsTnpyXKZOl8zqBRhCgkbO5v7tDQx8u0hgWUgO42PkAXdnIKWbtHiJ9gH_8sesnrobXWUvbnWhjd3iALcdyUyfP-M6Wtmgb6NyR44sDfaJSvjXS8u82e565xiAHgqAHOI9opotz9N5CljodNakTpJDUP9ZsuEIVEbTe-ULrf8DzDOJVl_9cePd0sCi7_2bDddKiwQ5w0umteHS8CQoQVnIvdgyL3QOesTDkPSpWQV1AWbw_j_e5QjRqdJl29Zxs4AY4r39bQEG78yOMI24bfvQgVZTz24x9PIKFuzoICqRO01z-5Vk_9pBNapNTWGnloqGFToKrimAJIsfB2n43KLvLVHqEMf7xmNq9b1vmLeDfuaW-iK-bKUaDnoEhexa6XRLXhv0MtN7pMHrGnc9EmYso8t8SILzqTWPRBziUy-9SIfGEKrnPFZElnYwtYGW6DiCJC6amlFTH81_NgSEVKDBQnJtwkzzFgYZGwIy-SZUhif3IBnEm_L3vFxno3EXAFQk8SriWfMM0iRZU_S4ao4F7OQq_tsFjK2FVzX6tI=w1505-h927-no

View attachment 2792625
Normal height, no sensor lift. The rear looks smaller because I haven’t gotten around to throwing the 1” BORAs on the back yet so being more tucked in gives the illusion of them being smaller.

Looks like you're able to sneak into the garage with 35s, and a roof top cargo box. Not bad!

Looks like you're able to sneak into the garage with 35s, and a roof top cargo box. Not bad!

Yes! Cargo box was selected specifically for its lower profile so I can also run my WeBoost Reach antenna a few inches higher than the cargo box and still clear the garage. Top of cargo box with 35's is 92.5" garage door is 96" to the rubber weather seal and another 3/4" before I start contacting the door frame. Plan to adjust the WeBoost antenna so it just touches the weather seal. This puts most of the functional element of the antenna above the cargo box giving a 360 degree view of the horizon. I'll have it on a folding marine mount so I can jump out and flip it down if I need that extra few inches to clear a parking garage. Do you do the same with yours, or just remove it entirely when not out in the sticks?

FYI - I followed a slightly modified version of your fit guide prior to installing the tires. Went and flexed it out last night and could not produce any rub. Fully flexed, full lock in reverse, in low mode, etc. No touching anywhere and tons of clearance on UCA with the 1" skinner rubber. Body mount is about 5/8" clearance at it's closest point so I may go ahead and chop it just for peace of mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom