What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well my Tupperware was very easy, in that it was already 2/3 gone, mutilated, whatever. But yes, simple. My biggest slow up was disconnecting sensors harness.
The Slee hardware that came with it had the bolt/insert. I just dont own the tool, couldn't buy one locally, so had to Amazon one. Also fighting it all solo, so speed isn't in the equation

Well my Tupperware was very easy, in that it was already 2/3 gone, mutilated, whatever. But yes, simple. My biggest slow up was disconnecting sensors harness.
The Slee hardware that came with it had the bolt/insert. I just dont own the tool, couldn't buy one locally, so had to Amazon one. Also fighting it all solo, so speed isn't in the equation
Well, just saying that you don't need the tool. If you watch the video posted above, it shows you how to set the nutsert with a bolt, washer, and nut.

Finished covering all the so-called wood in the interior. Vinyl wrap on doors, dash, and console.

20210912_090531-jpg.2785166

20210912_090537-jpg.2785167

Also added a subtle badge, which is a rear LC100 emblem painted black.

View attachment 2785168
View attachment 2785169

View attachment 2785166

View attachment 2785167
Looks great! I might have to follow suit. How do you like the black husky mats with the tan interior? I also have tan interior and am thinking about the darker mats. Thanks!

I think the black matches/complements the interior colors well - perhaps better than any tan mats, which would probably look like the tan on my steering wheel.

Thanks for that heads up. Do you have the part numbers for the 200 series ones? I'll order them on my lunch break.
87248-08030 I believe is the OEM number. You need 2, and they are both the same. Remember the clamps too. There are also a few different options to replace the OEM plastic tees with metal (steel or brass) ones.

Are those a new product? I made some custom mounts last year, but they also have limitations. Didn’t realize they made roof mounts. Can you lock them? What are the limitations?
The limitation is the reach of the mount and where the box has to be positioned. Unfortunately, the mount is not lockable, but I am working on an alternative solution for that.

Sure, extensions could be fabricated. It's just bolted on to the brackets. Not sure how that would affect stability.

Looks great! Link to the product please.
Forum member Brendan

The FME to SMA adapters arrived so I was able to do two upgrades today.

6 band 4g amplifier
20210914_122637.jpg

Mag mount antenna used to be directly connected to a wifi hotspot.

20210914_122925.jpg

Inside patch antenna.

20210914_122916.jpg

So far its working fine, we'll see once we get out into the fringe.

I got ceramic coating and Noxudol rust protection on underside (paint and cavity spray). I’ll still spray a few underside areas with FluidFilm since they couldn’t apply Noxudol to the whole belly (to protect the warranty).

Do you think there would be any way to extend the mounts on that to have it hang lower?
Hi

Before you extend the mounts and drop the shelf lower be aware that the load limit is only 10kg. If you lower the shelf the temptation is to load it up and this is bad.

I am in the process of fitting a Koan barrier and shelf but need to wait for the LC200 to return from the crash repair shop as previous barrier and shelf (DIY) collapsed and damaged (tore them away from frame) the 3rd row grab handle brackets behind the roof lining that all cargo barriers and shelves use. Shop is welding them up now.

Have fun

Steve

Got all my parts rounded up. So I can get this radiator job completed this coming Thursday. Oh yeah...I also lost a 12mm socket in the front sub frame that I can't find🤦‍♂

View attachment 2785187
I once lost a 10mm wrench somewhere there but found it when changing skid plates!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom