What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This week I hit 100k on my 2014
and
I broke all the cameras somehow

What's the symptom? Black screen when you go in reverse or try to access the cameras?
Yep, anytime there is supposed to be cameras on or camera settings it’s just black screen.

Check the gray connector on the parking assist ecu. It's located above the plastic panel on the passenger side footwell. It's mounted horizontally right below the glove box. Aluminum case with the gray connector towards the center console. I had to reseat mine for that exact symptom on my '14.

Check the gray connector on the parking assist ecu. It's located above the plastic panel on the passenger side footwell. It's mounted horizontally right below the glove box. Aluminum case with the gray connector towards the center console. I had to reseat mine for that exact symptom on my '14.
I love you!
thank you so much.

5484F4A3-DBE5-4ED0-B30E-1C5B9F1545E7.jpeg

You're quite welcome. Been there, done that. It took me a hellish couple weeks to figure it out. There's three different versions of camera connections in the FSM for the VX.
Edit: I also gave it a good spray with electronic contact cleaner.

You're quite welcome. Been there, done that. It took me a hellish couple weeks to figure it out. There's three different versions of camera connections in the FSM for the VX.
Edit: I also gave it a good spray with electronic contact cleaner.
So with this specimen I’m dealing with some electrical gremlins because some asshat body repair dude didn’t connect the drain hoses on the sunroof after some dent repair from some hail damage. Water drained in the big junction boxes on the drivers side and passenger side. See attached.
So when this happened I was sure I was going to be hunting down a corroded terminal/wire again, so thank you again, you saved me hours of work that would of not even fixed it.

5656492D-9F14-4C4D-BBF2-6C90A6192CD7.png

Reactions: JLH
Thanks. I used the ZARGES Roof Rack Mounts which do have some limitations. How do you mount yours? I really do not want to drill through these, but it would make the mounting options/positioning A LOT easier.
Are those a new product? I made some custom mounts last year, but they also have limitations. Didn’t realize they made roof mounts. Can you lock them? What are the limitations?

Got all my parts rounded up. So I can get this radiator job completed this coming Thursday. Oh yeah...I also lost a 12mm socket in the front sub frame that I can't find🤦‍♂

20210912_111828.jpg

Got all my parts rounded up. So I can get this radiator job completed this coming Thursday. Oh yeah...I also lost a 12mm socket in the front sub frame that I can't find🤦‍♂

View attachment 2785187
Man I hope that doesn't end up rattling around :-(

Where did you get that steering wheel cover from?
It's the Loncky cover found on Amazon. I actually ordered it through their web site, as I wanted to try the two-color style and that style wasn't offered on Amazon. If I had to do it over again, I'd just order a single color, as I don't think the tan is a good match. Hard to judge actual colors over the computer sceen.

No, I inspected those yesterday. They still look solid. I have a couple of spare T's left over from when I changed them out on my LX470 last May. So if I get that itch on Thurs or Fri to swap them, I will.
100/470 heater tees are not the same as the 200/570 heater tees, and they are not interchangeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom