NOW WITH A 0-70 Launch! Well i did a thing.. my 97 lx build. distributorless/turbo/h151f (2 Viewers)

how many waygu beef powers and torques did project waygu beef make?

• 100awhp!

• 200awhp!!

• 300awhp!!!

• 400awhp!!!!

• 500awhp!!!!!

• 600awhp!!!!!!?

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Annnnnnnd that's what 3k in oem parts looks like via partsoq. Still waiting on my domestic parts order with the rest of the body gaskets and seals. I traded work with some guys I know that paint aircraft and cars professionally, I built an engine harness from scratch got running a 87 gts Corolla for a paint job. What you see here is pretty much every engine gasket, cylinder head parts oil pump/front cover, 105 series sector shaft and accessories, transmission inputshaft and accessories. Too much to list but I feel like I bought 60% of the catalog here. Oh... and the h151f is a 100 series v8 trans so I am swapping out input shafts on the brand new transmission to suit the 1fz.
20210814_083250.jpg

20210814_100145.jpg

20210814_100151.jpg

20210814_142216.jpg

20210814_142258.jpg

Ok well parts are still slowly trickling in. I'm still waiting on a fairly large domestic order of oem parts that I couldn't source from partsouq, mostly trim pieces/ rubber body gaskets and most importantly my inputshaft bearing and main bearing bolts are supposedly holding up the order. I've used oempartsource.com a hand full of times with decent success they will beat all the online toyota dealers usually by a dollar or 2 per item however these last 2 times they have really been pretty lame with the communication.. I'll probably end up going back to Toyota dealers for any other bits. One lame thing I found out is mcgeorge toyota no longer sells to washington state for some tax reason, odd as this is the first time I've ever heard of this from any online retailer not just car parts. Ok on to progress. Put the turbo hot parts back on the car to get the turbo cold parts mocked up, W2A intercooler is in its place, heat exchanger is in its place, piping is mostly mocked up except for 1 aluminum tube im waiting for that goes from the turbo outlet to W2A inlet. I have a 2 gallon tank on its way that will sit where the old washer tank was and I will relocate the washer tank, the rad overflow tank is being replaced with one that takes up less space. Its basically been installed parts, make brackets, remove parts, adjust brackets, reinstall everything, readjust and so on and so forth. Oh I have a vibrant muffler and resonator and misc bends and vbands on the way as well so I can get going on the exhaust and engine bearings. Lastly I wanted to compare the combustion chamber size of the 2 heads and while I only was able to measure the 1st gen head I measured roughly 75cc's vs the 69 cc's I've seen during my web searches. I have not measured the 2nd gen head yet because I want to have my machine shop check the head for straightness first, yes its brand new, but after speaking with Dave at headgames he advised even brand new heads can be off some, kind of odd but having it checked and milled the minimum amount will allow me to get the proper finish for the mls headgasket. Anyways, still lots to do, not enough time, and unfortunately I'm working ot all this weekend haha!
20210828_112401.jpg

20210828_112417.jpg

20210825_123352.jpg

20210827_102540.jpg

Since I'm at work and not working I figured I'd throw some more details in lol. So the realestate taken up by the old transmission cooler will now be used for an oil cooler attached to the block via a mocal thermostatic sandwich plate and a powersteering cooler with a bypass thermostat as well. I have to find a mounting place for my injector dynamics 750f fuel filter and aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and flex fuel sensor, should be an easy task. I have a crap ton of misc fittings and silicone reinforced tubing for the water lines going to the wastegate and turbo. These will be fed by the 5/16 line off the top of the thermostat housing and will go to the little 5/16 nipple next to the phh and I will be deleting the normal routing that went to the throttle body. Oh and once everything is mocked up I'll tear everything down to get finished/painted/powdercoated etc... then the block will get machined and built then I'll reassemble everything and get it tuned. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
When you don't have a second batt and a york, the real estate is quite lovely for an IC!

When you don't have a second batt and a york, the real estate is quite lovely for an IC!
That's for sure! I don't plan on a 2nd battery inside the truck, I do however plan on towing some sort of small trailer as a base camp type thing and that will have a battery or 2. As far as OBA I do plan on a small tank setup probably from viair, with the tank where the OEM spare was and the pump somewhere in the trunk area. Got a decent sized delivery the other day but man fedex ground has been consistently behind by several days my last 2 or 3 orders from various vendors and its quite disappointing. UPS sucks as well and USPS is marginal. I do understand everyone and their grand ma are ordering things and everyone is behind because of the "pandemic". Another EXTREMELY disappointing development is my order worth around 1k of oem toyota parts is non existent so far. DO NOT EVER order from www.oempartsource.com I placed a small order and had decent success, then I did another one and that one dragged out a few weeks but got fulfilled. However this one went like this. Parts are 2 or 3 days out check back in 3 days, well I gave them a week cause well you know.... "plandemic" that turned into ok we are just waiting on the 14 main bearing bolts. To a week later no response to my emails, another week later no response to my emails, then no response to their messages that were input to their website message portal. That happened 2 times. Finally I had to just open a case with PayPal and am waiting on a resolution from them. I have found that using my credit card through PayPal is fantastic for security and they will refund you pretty promptly as long as you have proof of your communications with the seller, then if that doesn't work you do have the final stop at the credit card company. anywho.... this plandemic is massively screwing up stuff, even rock auto has had issues with parts for me its unfortunate. The only success I have had consistently is with partsouq, dave at japan 4x4 and thmotorsports for the aftermarket stuff i need. thmotorsports is getting me my headgasket and clutch and they have awesome communication, they were up front with the fact that the clutch and head gasket were special order and a month out. If most places were just honest and told the story people wouldn't be as upset.. but whatever i guess. Ok so as far as parts haul goes.... got a vibrant performance muffler and resonator, my 2 gallon water tank for the W2A setup, A bunch of piping for exhaust and intercooler tubing, a blue fan clutch, new water pump, main/rod/thrust bearings, new power steering high pressure hose, new A/C receiver drier, i'm also replacing the condenser. at this point its pretty much all there except for my large order of toyota parts which are mostly body gaskets and trim and such, and the valve spring buckets and shims. i still need 2 oil cooler cores for engine oil and power steering, I'm also getting a larger capacity power steering reservoir with a replaceable filter from kar tek offroad. Any ways... lots more to go but its going slowly, brackets and crap for all these extra parts take time to make lol, make it put it on, take it off, adjust it, put it on, take it off adjust it, lol

Love seeing the boxes of new oem parts. Like you say, if you can order somewhere for local pickup, being in person seems to put a little leverage on getting things moving. Will say, I haven't ever had an 80 series parts order be ready in less than 3 weeks. Granted most of them are a few grand worth of little parts.

Is the washer fluid bottle going where the cruise control actuator would be?

Love seeing the boxes of new oem parts. Like you say, if you can order somewhere for local pickup, being in person seems to put a little leverage on getting things moving. Will say, I haven't ever had an 80 series parts order be ready in less than 3 weeks. Granted most of them are a few grand worth of little parts.

Is the washer fluid bottle going where the cruise control actuator would be?
Yeah haha! It's been like Christmas here every week lol. From here on out I'm only going to order from actual dealers online. As far as the washer tank yes I am going to try and fit it back there along with the cruise actuator but mostlikely its going to take some shuffling of items to get it all to fit.

@audi2nr would you mind posting the link to the Vibrant muffler and resonator please?

Thanks.

Thank you for that. Given that so many choices exist, what made you go with this brand?

This is a great build to watch. If you every want to restore a 97 as a side hustle let me know :beer:

Thank you for that. Given that so many choices exist, what made you go with this brand?
I've had good experience with vibrant products in the past and they are pretty widely known in the aftermarket automotive world as a good supplier of fabrication materials anything from titanium products and anything related to intake/exhaust materials and turbo stuff they have a pretty large catalog. Not that I've had issues with borla or magnaflow parts because i've had their mufflers as well, but i found the vibrant stuff on sale so i just went with it. :beer:

This is a great build to watch. If you every want to restore a 97 as a side hustle let me know :beer:
OMG. Watching this build now. Amazing amount of work. Can’t wait to see/hear this thing go. Then I’ll put my ‘97 LX on a trailer to send to @audi2nr !!
Haha! We'll see how this ends up maybe i'll toy around with doing some builds. I spent around 15 years repairing/modifying cars (mostly of the german type but also heavy japanese in my personal collection) professionally. I started out of high school and worked from an apprentice through journeyman up to a shop foreman position and had to swear them off and all the side work/projects that went along with it mostly due to it taking all my family time. I actually lost my appetite even for my own personal projects, but after 3 years out of the automotive industry the itch won't leave hence why i'm back here 😂. I have some things in the pipeline that have the possibility of removing the majority of my daily obligations and might allow me to peruse builds and things like this. we'll see... Stay tuned!

I've had good experience with vibrant products in the past and they are pretty widely known in the aftermarket automotive world as a good supplier of fabrication materials anything from titanium products and anything related to intake/exhaust materials and turbo stuff they have a pretty large catalog. Not that I've had issues with borla or magnaflow parts because i've had their mufflers as well, but i found the vibrant stuff on sale so i just went with it. :beer:

Thank you for taking the time to write all that out. I like what I saw and am considering it for my 80 with the turbo. I already have their tailpipe resonator so the muffler seems like a good choice. I just want a super quiet exhaust system. Sounds like a quality resonator does the job of cancelling out the noise left by the muffler. My setup will be 2.5".

Awesome job on the intercooler setup. Fits like a glove.
Thanks! i had played around with putting it toward the back but then decided this worked better as it shortens the water lines and keeps it somewhat away from the hot turbo, it also puts it in a spot where the fan will blow air on it hopefully keeping it cooler. Got the lower intercooler hose mocked up, now i just need to drill a hole on the upper pipe so i can weld on the IAT sensor bung and make a hole on the lower pipe to weld on the blow off valve flange, each pipe will only have 2 spots where there will be a hump hose coupler to attach it. now i just need to make a mount for the intercooler pump and run the hoses. Next will be making mounting for the rad over flow tank and finding a location for the catch can and the washer fluid tank.
20210906_150801.jpg

20210907_130500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom