The Great ONSC Gun Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its not so much the money, its being able to even buy more at all
Oh we do our own reloads. So we are good. Already reloading now.

Years ago @Mtbcoach told me about a shooting range up in Oxford. Sir something or other. Not sure if they're still around, but that might be an option if you're down to drive that far.
Sir Walter Gun Club is a private range that offers shooting matches every weekend of various disciplines that are open to the public.
As a member and range officer of the club, I offered to host an event years ago that garnered no interest when proposed to some of the BOD :meh:

Last edited:
I've only been able to find a single box of ammo so I haven't shot it yet; I want to get a little more reserves before sending some down-range.
I found some FN brand for $67/box. They had a lot. Let me know if you want me to grab any and hand it off to someone at Relic Run if you won't be there.

IMG_2576 2.jpeg

Good find... I think it was $40-50 per box pre-COVID so that's not horrible for the current climate. Average online prices are currently $1.45 / round so again, that's a good find. I'm not able to go to RR so hand-off would be a pretty big pain but certainly appreciate the offer. I'll keep checking and shout out if I get desperate... Thanks again!!

Then you have the gougers...
gouge.JPG

A bit of stress relief this afternoon. :)
Wobble doubles is my personal favorite
I shot the Berretta A400 Xplor Action the first time today. What a pleasure to shoot. It's light, and quick when shooting doubles. The weight makes it real easy to get back toward center after the first shot. The stock has a shock absorber system built in and it works. I'd hand this gun to anyone wanting to try out shooting clays. The pull is a bit short for my taste, we'll try and extended pad if i get to it.

215200330_4567579043272951_2615208554169052494_n.jpg

215993292_4567579296606259_2845209201087432701_n.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of stress relief this afternoon. :)
Wobble doubles is my personal favorite
I shot the Berretta A400 Xplor Action the first time today. What a pleasure to shoot. It's light, and quick when shooting doubles. The weight makes it real easy to get back toward center after the first shot. The stock has a shock absorber system built in and it works. I'd hand this gun to anyone wanting to try out shooting clays. The pull is a bit short for my taste, we'll try and extended pad if i get to it.

215200330_4567579043272951_2615208554169052494_n.jpg

215993292_4567579296606259_2845209201087432701_n.jpg
I recently picked up an A400 as well... LOVE. IT.
Mine has the synthetic stock and has inserts to change the length of pull, I guess the wood doesn't?? The wood is much better looking though!!
I'm in the market for a thrower, we're still new at it and hand throwing for now.

The thrower we have is a Champion brand. Heather got it for me for my 60th birthday and I immediately added the wobble feature. It has a remote trigger and will accept optional voice trigger I believe. The only other throwers I have experience with are the big professional models found at big trap fields. So far this one is working well. Cabellas has them.

I looked up the spacers last night. I'll most likely order them this week.

I have 293 rounds (Used 7) of Winchester FMJ Brass jacketed Lead core STEEL SHELL 9MM Luger $150.00 I paid $230

Wont cycle through my Kimber

PM me if interested

I have 293 rounds (Used 7) of Winchester FMJ Brass jacketed Lead core STEEL SHELL 9MM Luger $150.00 I paid $230

Wont cycle through my Kimber

PM me if interested

If it's fairly new, it might work after you get a couple hundred rounds through it. I had some ammo that wouldn't cycle in my 9mm Springfield until I'd gotten a few boxes of other stuff through it and broke the spring in a little.

@NCFJ Your Kimber is too pretty to shoot steel case anyway :)

I'm looking for a Glock 17 MOS if anyone is looking to sell :)

If it's fairly new, it might work after you get a couple hundred rounds through it. I had some ammo that wouldn't cycle in my 9mm Springfield until I'd gotten a few boxes of other stuff through it and broke the spring in a little.
I did not think of that Ramon, good point. I do not have enough ammo to shoot much, why I bought this stuff. I'll wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom