1960 DOA FJ25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tried to go for a drive today to test everything out, then this happened.
IMG_7263.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 2.47.53 PM.png

Last edited:
Somehow i found a fu#@ing razor blade on the HWY. Luckly the spare i put on, mostly for looks worked and was able to get home.

I had just finally ordered a spare last week from Coker Tire, but the STA Super Traxion are backordered till November.

IMG_7266.jpeg
IMG_7268.jpeg
IMG_7273.jpeg

Last edited:
Unbelievable, a razor blade 😂. I’m good at finding all the discarded bolts, or rather my tires are good at it.

By chance, are there any pics or info on the pads used in your newly covered seats? Specifically the bottoms, as I’m assuming you have the zig zag springs in the bottoms vice the later coils. I’m trying to figure out what the seat dudes are using on zig zag spring’d seats.

Unbelievable, a razor blade 😂. I’m good at finding all the discarded bolts, or rather my tires are good at it.

By chance, are there any pics or info on the pads used in your newly covered seats? Specifically the bottoms, as I’m assuming you have the zig zag springs in the bottoms vice the later coils. I’m trying to figure out what the seat dudes are using on zig zag spring’d seats.

Yes seat frame has the zig zag springs, seat cushion has the coil springs.

Couldn't believe that a razor blade could get in there like that, just got back from tire shop and that tire with about 70 miles on it is toast. It had about a 2" gash on the inside of tire.
IMG_0058.jpeg

Last edited:
O where you pick up the dust boot??
Its still available from Toyota. Here is the part number, 55122-60021

Its not the correct one for a FJ25, its for a FJ40, but will work, needs to be trimmed a little to fit.

What do you got fingered out for the shifter dust covers?
Shifter did not have a dust cover. Parking brake and 4wd engage lever did have a dust cover/ boot. Mine is still being made at the upholstery shop.

The razor blade won, inside of tire had a 2" cut in it, not repairable, so had to get new STA. Got a second so i have a proper spare.
Put new rubber on, hub caps, safety straps, front brake line springs and finally got a chance to do a real test drive.
Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.07.54 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
You sure do live in the perfect place to own early cruisers! I was up at rubicon a few weeks ago, pretty epic!

View attachment 2756843

View attachment 2756844
Nice shots!, Yes pretty lucky to live in this area, Cruisers love it, looks like you were up when it was clear. The Dixie fire smoke has been in and out the past few weeks. One day its clear like in your photos, then either really thick smoke or a light haze.
Thats Lake Tahoe in the background hidden by smoke.
IMG_0159.jpeg

Nice shots!, Yes pretty lucky to live in this area, Cruisers love it, looks like you were up when it was clear. The Dixie fire smoke has been in and out the past few weeks. One day its clear like in your photos, then either really thick smoke or a light haze.
Thats Lake Tahoe in the background hidden by smoke.
View attachment 2756858
Now that you have driven it around and realize how much you dislike it, I will purchase it from you.

Now that you have driven it around and realize how much you dislike it, I will purchase it from you.
Ha, sorry no. Its too much fun to drive!
Been trying to get it on the road for a while, and finally have most of the bugs worked out. It feels one step closer to a tank than a old 3 speed in a FJ40, It might be the mystery Ebay transmission i have in it, but i think its just the way the FJ25 transmission is.

Ha, sorry no. Its too much fun to drive!
Been trying to get it on the road for a while, and finally have most of the bugs worked out. It feels one step closer to a tank than a old 3 speed in a FJ40, It might be the mystery Ebay transmission i have in it, but i think its just the way the FJ25 transmission is.
You can't blame a guy for trying! I love everything about it. Nice job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom