What to cook tonight ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So today I was wanting something like Kolaches but wanted quick and easy so I got some Grands flaky biscuits, pulled them apart and wrapped some of those little miniature sausages with them And baked them for about 15 min. Worked great. Would work in a Dutch oven but you’d have to figure out a way to layer them.

Different kind of cooking today. Yesterday l made Mexican rice as a base for burritos. The Mexican rice and the beans and cheese were great but I tried velveting the beef with baking soda then wok cooking. Wasn’t pleased with the results. I’ll use the other velveting method next time. At least the dogs were happy. Today I’m using a romertopf to cook lemon chicken thighs. The Romertopf gives you a more or less steamed product. Works well for artisan bread, but I don’t really use it for that. The chicken comes out really tender. May combine it with some hatch Chile verde and serve with leftover Mexican rice. I have lettuce growing in the sun room so I’ll add some greens and call it a meal
EC693DC9-F9B1-4D46-9991-A4D2CCC0BC6F.jpeg

Well, it is that time of summer. Trying to figure out what to cook for dinner.
Actually, what protein to fix, and all the sides seem to fall into place.
Too hot to grill (104F +), and hungry but no apatite. Nothing is sounding any good.
And this ordering out is getting $$$$$$$. Burgers n pizza.
It always tastes better when somebody else prepares it.

Pounded some pork chops flat tonight. Kept just under 140 degrees before resting. Baked potato and a slice of avocado. All with Himalayan sea salt. Light Pinot Noir. Made some extra for a sandwich tomorrow with cheese, spring greens avocado and home made pickle. Maybe a touch of mustard.

Well, the oldest son is 21 today and wants those (BIG EFFIN RIBEYE) steaks from Costco with some fresh veggies and oven roasted little potatoes.
So off to Costco I go, and knowing him and the training I have given him, he'll want to grill them himself.
Then to the local supermarket for those little bags of mixed potatoes with multiple varieties and are the size of small golf balls.
Fresh veggies ? we will see.
Maybe I will be able to find some "Prime" Ribeyes.

I just hope that he doesn't loose it all later tonight.

Well, ribeyes grilled, cold water lobster tails with a compound butter. oven roasted veggies. I topped mine with balsamic glaze.
A few shots of good tequila, and the bros picked him up. Got home at 4:45 am.
Guess he had a good time, still in bed.

I am thinking we need to hire the daughter and her husband to cook for us when we retire.

"Tri-tip, chimichurry sauce, w/ jalapeno poppers and homemade scalloped potatoes".
chimichurry.jpg

I have grilled every night for the last 7 out of 12 days.
I'm running out of tricks.
Got to figger out something for tonight.

I'm wanting to fire up the grill tonight, and put on some kinda Beef.
Or maybe some snausauges of some kind.
Wife fixed up a big chef's salad yesterday, soooo.
Well, F it, I popped the top of a beer at 11:30 today just to start the creative juices flowing.

Hey @splitshot , re-reading this thread.
Drooled over your pic of Tri Tip presentation.
Chimichurri, that your SIL used, homemade?
Can you kick down a recipe for it, I've never had it but it looks good.

Will grill chicken pieces n parts, and grilled azzpergrass.
Maybe a rice dish to go along with.

News Flash, get motivated, as it is suppose to be 102F in a day or two.
Makes it kinda tough to grill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom