What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its been recomended to me to avoid pressure inside the engine bay, anyone run into issues using a pressure washer inside the bay?
No, but be careful around certain areas (dist, fuse block, valve cover to mention a couple brief ones)

A little center console project in order to hold 32oz Hydroflask-type bottles. I like to use these water bottles for wheeling trips and it was annoying not having a good spot to put them in.

So I cut out the cubby and made a drop-in insert out of 4" pipe and some scrap steel. The 4" pipe has an ID of 3.75" which is perfect for all these generic 32oz vacuum insulated bottles that are about 3.6" in diameter.

I also removed the tiny cupholder on the side of the console and attached a waxed canvas chalk bag, also the perfect size for a 32oz water bottle. Now I can carry two!

nFbJqG6h.jpg

BtyHlNch.jpg

aSmM6Veh.jpg

cBrBnKEh.jpg

A little center console project in order to hold 32oz Hydroflask-type bottles. I like to use these water bottles for wheeling trips and it was annoying not having a good spot to put them in.

So I cut out the cubby and made a drop-in insert out of 4" pipe and some scrap steel. The 4" pipe has an ID of 3.75" which is perfect for all these generic 32oz vacuum insulated bottles that are about 3.6" in diameter.

I also removed the tiny cupholder on the side of the console and attached a waxed canvas chalk bag, also the perfect size for a 32oz water bottle. Now I can carry two!

nFbJqG6h.jpg

BtyHlNch.jpg

aSmM6Veh.jpg

cBrBnKEh.jpg
Is that a Hydroflask?

Those look great! I keep searching for cheaper sliders, but I've yet to find any that look as good installed as the White Knuckle...*sigh* Probably will have to pull the trigger at some point...you get what you pay for, I guess. :)

Yeah, it definitely hurt a little bit buying them but I'm happy I went with these. I was looking at the trail gear sliders to save money but.. well.. I don't know how to weld so that idea went to the wayside

Its been recomended to me to avoid pressure inside the engine bay, anyone run into issues using a pressure washer inside the bay?

Not for me, been doing it for 25yrs.

I just don’t blast the engine or spray directly on the dizzy. I wash my engine bay about every third car wash.

Cheers

nFbJqG6h.jpg

BtyHlNch.jpg

aSmM6Veh.jpg

cBrBnKEh.jpg
I have a similar cup holder as you to the right of the shifter, my 32oz fits in there if I remove the black inner part of the cup holder. :)

I like your idea, gives me an idea of what to do with my speaker that has been removed from my LX.

Customer has a @Delta VS center console and gauge plate. Originally it was going to be some gauges and USB ports. After some discussion it was decided to put the ScanGuage onto the plate. I made some rough estimates about it’s fitment but turns out we didn’t like the way it looked. Too crowded.

Decided the cut up the Delta plate and design a new cover plate. Luckily I have a water jetter down the street that’ll turn around one-offs in 24hrs. Picked it up the next morning and it was deburred, drilled and painted.

The plate was match drilled to the Delta faceplate. From there the LEDs were drilled for the turbo’s water injection system.

For the ScanGuage we decided to make the ScanGuage look a little classier but not making it flush but making it slightly proud.

The decision was made to make a one-off back mounting plate to hold the ScanGauge into place. Everything came out freaking beautiful!!

00908B8A-326E-465E-B710-4CC99E0049D0.jpeg

AE160556-AC79-4942-9578-1F1078AF6B8D.jpeg

A7DDBE5B-260E-4604-AA98-1C79D57C585F.jpeg

4AA52262-6BF7-49AB-AD0A-B06BA9CCE5C0.jpeg

D47AC4AE-624B-4CAB-BA71-D3162ABF8344.jpeg

Last time I was off road, when I got back I went a little too crazy with the power washer, including in the engine bay. I'd avoided problems while being careful and lulled myself into a false sense of security. Ended up dealing with misfires in a couple of cylinders for a short while afterward, but they stopped in about two days after everything dried out sufficiently, and no problems since. Basically, you can do it, but don't get too crazy with it.

Repainted the grille and trim around the headlights. Also finished up the retro fits I've been working on.
20210730_135251_HDR.jpg
20210730_135022.jpg

Where did you get the leather? The color is excellent.
I don't want to speak for @Gascan, but Im pretty sure it's this steering wheel cover:

Loncky Leather Steering Wheel Cover for Toyota Tacoma 2005-2011 / 4Runner 2003-2009 / Sienna 2004-2010/ Sequoia 2003-2007/ Highlander 2004-2007 /Camry 2005 2006/ Land Cruiser 1995 1997-2007 Accessories Amazon product ASIN B00QLYA3XS
A few members (including myself) used this one.

Where did you get the leather? The color is excellent.

I don't want to speak for @Gascan, but Im pretty sure it's this steering wheel cover:

Loncky Leather Steering Wheel Cover for Toyota Tacoma 2005-2011 / 4Runner 2003-2009 / Sienna 2004-2010/ Sequoia 2003-2007/ Highlander 2004-2007 /Camry 2005 2006/ Land Cruiser 1995 1997-2007 Accessories Amazon product ASIN B00QLYA3XS
A few members (including myself) used this one.

Yep! That’s the ticket right there!

I suspect the fresh leather will shrink a bit in the Florida heat, what with sweaty hands and all, so jury is still out on how the final product will look; the thread might need to be tightened down some.

I’m incredibly fortunate that the better half makes a hobby of crafting & sewing, otherwise I would have spent the whole day butchering this. I’ll just throw it out there, if anyone in Florida wants to do this but doesn’t want to tackle it themselves, I’m sure the Mrs. would do it for a fee (I feel a little dirty for pimping her out like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom