SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (6 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I still have a KOA spot available to swap to someone… otherwise I’m going to cancel it. It’s site 29 in the SAS area.
Site is taken. So glad someone is making use of this.

Next year I’ll be booking the days off well before projects are assigned so I’m not in this boat again. 🤣

Dunpacking.🙉

Departing early tomorrow morning, up thru Tonopah, Nv., over to Ely, Nv. On hwy 50…’The loneliest Hiway in America’, overnight in Salina, Ut. S/b set up tent @ the KOA mid day Saturday. Ice cream in Silverton Saturday evening.🍨🍧🍦 We are excited!!

DD8DEDAC-2372-42E8-95E8-7C0C52ECAD9E.png

F3801391-25C0-423B-A3AA-83928A0B3158.png

Topped up the fuel in Springdale, UT before grabbing lunch and driving through Zion Canyon. Grabbed Thai Sapa to go (great Pad Thai), headed up the road, and start smelling gas in the cabin climbing the grade.

Quick check under the hood and a text to @Broski to confirm. Yup…vapor pressure was through the roof. Loosened up the gas cap and it vented for over 5 minutes. Tried to take the cap off, but gas was burping out with the cap very loose.

With 10% ethanol fuel and 95 degree temps @ 4000’, the vapor recovery system on our 80 couldn’t keep up. This was with a new VC120 vapor canister. Will try to find ethanol free fuel in Moab. @Broski said there’s at least one gas station in Moab without ethanol.

Checked the cap after descending the hill and again at Bryce Canyon with no venting. The cloud cover, light rain, and low 70 degree temps at 7,600’ made the difference.

picture of us waiting for the tank to vent.

C0021424-A3ED-4CB9-8C75-352E82463EA4.jpeg

255BAC64-18D3-408A-B0A0-0D3FBA60A7D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Engine...... sold
Axles...... sold
Front seats..... sold
Wings.... available
Tail fins.... available
Wheels and tires..... available
Gages and bezels..... available
Rear seats..... available
Windshield and side glasses.... available
Inflatable raff.... available
Chrome trim..... none

Engine...... sold
Axles...... sold
Front seats..... sold
Wings.... available
Tail fins.... available
Chrome trim..... none
I’m in for the instrument panel…glass or steam gauges? It looks like a G3 with only 6 windows and small motors.

I’ve got a spot reserved 2-6 but may roll in Sunday. Anybody got room for a 60 and a 2 person tent?
We’ve got a cabin on the east side of the campground somewhere with only 2 80s parked on it starting Sunday evening. More than welcome to camp there assuming there’s not a better spot and they allow that type of thing.

As far as getting packed up and ready to go… I’m trying knock out this term paper and presentation for my master’s class since its due while I plan to be up in the mountains with you fine folks. Packing to start and end after work tomorrow afternoon. Then… onward!
53A37C1D-3752-445D-BB74-F96AC21E6BF3.jpeg

@ChickenDaddy have you started striping yet to fill these orders? If you need tips on striping, I know Casey and Brandon could teach you how to strip.

I don't know what site they gave me. If we got room, you are welcome pitch a tent in mine. Should only be an 80 and a 60. We won't be setting up our tents till after we back from the night trip with Gabe on Monday. We will plan on meeting the convoy at Brandon's Sunday.
We’re in site 44, should have room if you need it. We will roll in Sunday with the Amarillo crew.
Thanks, fellas. I’ll touch base mid-afternoon on Sunday and coordinate. Already feeling the SAS crew love. ❤️❤️❤️

Engine...... sold
Axles...... sold
Front seats..... sold
Wings.... available
Tail fins.... available
Chrome trim..... none
I’ll take those sweet visors they use in the ICON builds if nobody has claimed them…

Engine...... sold
Axles...... sold
Front seats..... sold
Wings.... available
Tail fins.... available
Chrome trim..... none
I’ve always wanted Rosen sunvisors!

I’m site 58B on the north end of the campground. It’s a tan 60 that isn’t making as much racket as it did 24 hours ago.
We're checking in Monday night as well, Space #57, just a few steps away. White Silverado with Lance camper, towing a white '76 FJ40. We sold our beige '84 FJ60 to another MUD member not long ago after owning it for 36 years. We expect to see it at the SAS next week :).

I might be interested. My reservation is only for 4 days (mon to thursday) like to be there sunday to saturday
Ryan, can you ask McGuire to give you the camping gear he’s loaning me? He said the other day he was gonna do that since you’re coming out before him. We know how that goes. He gets it honestly :).

We’re loaded up and ready to go. We roll out before first light tomorrow.
It well be the longest leg of the trip 500 + miles.
Super excited to say the least.

E8E2A66F-789F-4EEA-A925-A371F7C3021F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom