fj60/62 3D Model (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So for those who are interested, this is my first trial at the Google Skethup model Seth S found.

Let me just say it was a pain to get that over into inventor, and in the end i cannot edit it but i can add on to it. So i think this is a good base. I plan to build a chassis with wheels printed out of rubber and hopefully leaf springs out of rubber so it will bounce.

What do you guys think? Any ideas or requests i could work on?
View attachment 2139907View attachment 2139908View attachment 2139909View attachment 2139910View attachment 2139911
Hey, that's not bad.. haven't fired up my 3D printer in quite awhile, so need to relearn, recalibrate, etc... I need to fab up a bracket for a washer tank for my '90 FJ62. Looks good to me. If/when you get it finished up, I'd be happy to donate some beer money for a print? and maybe the STL also? Looks like it might end up being a pretty long print. What materials, infill, specs, etc do you think you'll end up using? Nice work..

Whoa sign me up! Where do I get a 60/62 I’m not picky body?!?
DM me and we can figure something out. It takes about 6 days to print one, but I can put you on the list.

Hey, that's not bad.. haven't fired up my 3D printer in quite awhile, so need to relearn, recalibrate, etc... I need to fab up a bracket for a washer tank for my '90 FJ62. Looks good to me. If/when you get it finished up, I'd be happy to donate some beer money for a print? and maybe the STL also? Looks like it might end up being a pretty long print. What materials, infill, specs, etc do you think you'll end up using? Nice work..
It was about 6 days. That was with a .2mm layer height and 35% infill with 5 outer layers. It took roughly a whole kilogram of filament and is about 6.25 inches wide and 13 or 14 inches long. I would be happy to print one out for you, currently its a very basic model but i will slowly be adding more to it as time goes on.

Hey all, sorry for radio silence. I recently graduated grad school and got a job so with relocating and starting my new job things have been just crazy. I currently don't have a 3D printer, so until I can get my hands on one I am stuck where I am at.

I do need to go back and do some redesigning of my print. I let my nephew play with the prototype and turns out there are a few weak points that need to be sorted out.

Once I get back into this ill post some updates and try to start getting to a place where I can sell them.

Hey all, sorry for radio silence. I recently graduated grad school and got a job so with relocating and starting my new job things have been just crazy. I currently don't have a 3D printer, so until I can get my hands on one I am stuck where I am at.

I do need to go back and do some redesigning of my print. I let my nephew play with the prototype and turns out there are a few weak points that need to be sorted out.

Once I get back into this ill post some updates and try to start getting to a place where I can sell them.
congratulations!

Damned life always gets in the way of fun. 😂. Jobs are good

Where in VA did you end up?

Where in VA did you end up?
I ended up in the Shenandoah Valley, I also started working for a company that manufactures paint. Which I have been told they used to give employees free paint every year but stopped it about 10 years ago. Which sucks, but ive been told if I could get the lab to color match the paint on my cruiser so I can get a paint shop to get the exact paint color for touchups which is cool.

Nice, my family owned an ancient house in waynesboro up until a few years ago.
I'm not too far from the valley, it's easily the most beautiful part of Virginia
It really is, im excited to be close to some trails. Now that my cruiser is not my daily driver I plan to start turning it into a trail/camping rig

Ever work out the CAD files? I would love to print one up

Bumping this up. Would love a 60 series body! Just finished an xtra cab

IMG_2444.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom