Builds My Tucson 40's (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the info.

Ordered up another round of parts yesterday. Don't think I will have this 40 done for the August car show in Prescott. So, I am gonna slow down a bit and enjoy life....lol

Going wheeling next weekend for sure.

Installed the 3 point seat belts. Not sure if the were stock in 74, but these are much better than just a lap belt.

Three point seat belts started 1/76 in the US market. Wasn't until 2/78 that seat belts moved from the hard top to the roll bar. Haven't seen any FST in the US made after 1975. Did the three point seat belt requirement starting 1/76 have anything to do with it who knows.

Wish would know earlier about you working on a 74. My 73 has 74 late F155 with the improved oiling system. Not sure the date of the engine in there now. Believe it's either a 70 or 71. My 70 has a early 2F. Seems a common transplant. Have three early cruisers with early 2Fs. At least my 73 FST had the original F155 in the back. Was told it have low compression and tired. P

Wouldn't you know it - my '76 FJ40 was built in 12/75.

My 76 is 10/75. Hard top is need of a little TLC and picked up a set of hard top sides in matching beige. Those also fall in the 1/75-12/75 range. Have a mustard top for ambulance doors and no vent window. Again those were made during 1975 without the seat belt brackets. Do have 77 top with seat belt brackets but vent windows. Just can't catch a break. Could add three point seat belts using one of these options.
IMG_20200112_122705201_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200112_122732275_HDR.jpg

Roll bar would be the easiest to undo later.

Last edited:
Shoot what does that look like?
You can see it here. Most people think this is oem, because it’s so common. At one point someone stepped on it… that’s it.

45F21416-F163-4F8F-A72E-F9945EA7F123.jpeg

Fuel door situation is all locked up now. Learned a lesson about the column lock housing and key cylinder. I drilled mine out to much and broke it. Bought a replacement off Ebay. The new oem lock cylinder and keys are now functioning as they should. Got the rest of the parts to finish off the column. Leaving them off till it's wired though.

20210728_172638.jpg
20210728_172659.jpg
20210728_173926.jpg
20210728_173912.jpg

Need to remove a similar cylinder as you did. Any pics of what you mean by “drilled” it out? I would like to prevent a purchase of a new one of possible. Thanks!

Exquisite build!!!

To remove the lock cylinder, you need the key and it needs to be in the accessory spot. Then push in the release.
Other wise, carnage may happen. I think if you drill out the release deal, it would be best. Then buy a new lock cylinder.
Or take it to a lock smith......lol

Got the dash pads installed. I may have done something backwards on the top one. That or my dash piece is jacked up (kinda looked that way). Either way, it looks cool. I will adjust later.......

20210729_181403.jpg
20210729_181347.jpg

Looks fantastic so far! Are you painting this all in Rustoleum Hunter Green?

Did you check the clearance on the tire carrier before you put the lower side markers on?

Are you doubting Mr T? Those are the factory holes. Yes, it fits. I checked just for you.

Looks fantastic so far! Are you painting this all in Rustoleum Hunter Green?

Yes, it is all Rustoleum Hunter Green. Some I spray with a gun, some with the can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom