Events/Trails August Event: Hurricane Creek Aug 6-8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GarnerFJ40

2020-2022 ONSC President
Threads
All,

August's event is in the Hurricane Creek area, and I say that because now that Hurricane Creek is on Facebook, everybody and their uncle is making trips to it. So, we'll be in the general area, not necessarily making it THE spot. I've also heard that Max Patch is being limited on the number of people allowed to hike it, so we'll make some changes to the routine.

Typically this has been the event where we limit the number of people (due to both ease of moving around on HC and campsite accommodations). Anything more than 7-8 trucks would make things hard to stay mobile and flexible. That being said it's always nice to explore the area and follow up with a trip to Sierra Nevada.

Sign up and I'll take those in order for priority. We might be able to adjust the trip based on interest so adding a few more trucks might be possible, but changes route and camping.

1. GarnerFJ40 (Fri noonish)
2. fj40z (Fri Night, leave Sunday Morn)
3. Roxx
4. Roadstr6 (possibly out)
5. S.CarolinaFZJ80

Dinner Signup:
Garner: Cheese, Sour cream, salsa, guac., some black beans and I'll see what kind of marinated meat I can pickup

Last edited:
I will be in for something if the weather doesn’t shift for crazy 100s.

Damn, just planned something for that weekend. Or I'd be in.

I have tentative plans that weekend. I'm in if they don't get shored in the next week.

Max Patch restrictions are -

Open 1 hr before sunrise, close 1 hr after sunset. Groups of ten or less. Dogs on leash. Designated trail only.

Sierra Nevada is open but modified. Reservation ONLY no exception, no groups larger than six. Can make multiple reservations but no guarantee on seating nearby.

Back porch is open only to those that have reservation, but available without seating assignment - all tables can converge on back porch after 90 minute dining reservation.

Dog policy changed upon reopening - may have been modified since, but last I heard, service animals only.

Hope this information helps and you all have a nice time.

Dang been wanting to make it out to HC with yall but I'll be at SAS in Ouray these days.
We just got back from Ouray, it never fails to disappoint. One of my favorite places in the US.

Back on topic, we were planning to possibly explore HC on 8/7 as we'll be in Asheville for a long weekend. Maybe we'll pass the group and wave hello at some point.

Last edited:
Possible to drop in for a day vs whole weekend?

Count me in plus a kid. Also talked to Ashcroft and he’s planning on making it as well.

Knock sensor is still giving me a check engine light on my 80. If by some miracle I can get it fixed by then. I will come out.
So put myself and my two boys as a maybe.

But is it knocking @SFROMAN ?

I’ve had the same issue for a while. Have swapped sensors with no luck. Even swapped in good sensor with poor results. My thought is it’s in the wiring harness/sub harness.

Mine is def the wire harness. I already swapped both knock sensors with new Toyota ones. Still get the CEL anytime I go over 1900 rpms. The problem is that when the light comes and gets the knock sensor 2 code. The truck will automatically go into limp mode. I can stand in the gas peddle and it will barley get to 30 mph.

Just an FYI to all those that used to do the regular HC trips, I learned today that Weaver Bend on the French Broad River is now permanently closed, due to campers regularly trashing it. Pretty disappointing. I figured I'd try and prevent any heartache if you guys decided to head that way. There is a gate up preventing access to the camping spot on the river.

So, we're a week out, I'm going to close the sign up.

The next order of business is to see who's coming up when, and where to meet. I'll update the first post with info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom