#7 Freeborn Red bodywork and paint (Bean) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bean is sanded

image.jpg

Fantastic work. Kelly, apologies if this was discussed in the thread but I don't recall seeing it. In your first post this was step 10: "10. Exterior paint, B/C, wet sand, and polish."

I assume that B/C is urethane base clear? I'm leaning toward single stage urethane on my '77 FJ55 and wanted to ask your thoughts vs base/clear. I just thought it would replicate the original acrylic enamel (I think?) paint better.

Fantastic work. Kelly, apologies if this was discussed in the thread but I don't recall seeing it. In your first post this was step 10: "10. Exterior paint, B/C, wet sand, and polish."

I assume that B/C is urethane base clear? I'm leaning toward single stage urethane on my '77 FJ55 and wanted to ask your thoughts vs base/clear. I just thought it would replicate the original acrylic enamel (I think?) paint better.
Thanks !!

Omni MC 161 high solids clear is what I have been using. I like it, and it has good UV protection. I love single stage personally. I wouldn’t shoot acrylic enamel, it’s basically touch up paint. I sprayed acrylic enamel on a couple cars recently for a friend and he had bought the paint already. They looked awful. I use acrylic urethane Omni MTK when I shoot single stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom