Great HWY mpg… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrX

Threads
WTF? Steady 72 MPH with cruise control on from Chattanooga to Knoxville today about 100 miles. We have done the math, the computer is pretty accurate. I think the engine is well broken in, and the synthetic oil it’s had its whole life helps too. 20MPG is very good for any 200. The PO took such good care of this it’s insane.
489431B4-2B3F-4DD8-A6B4-1CC68FCF9383.png

I’ve seen 20-20.5 but it was on flat lands around 60. As I get up to 70 or more, it usually drops to 17-18. Is the 100 miles you ran in a downhill run? Tailwind? What year, tire, etc?

Is there an official mpg thread?

(2011 lx570 with 275 60 r20 on stock rims for mine).

Last edited:
Reactions: MrX
We were getting 19.5 from Nashville to Knoxville on Saturday. Must be the elevation changes helping push the dinosaur.

We got 20.1 mpg on Rt 70 & the PA turnpike last Friday. We were in cruise and had just filled up with a level road. We averaged 19 mpg for most of the trip. I was pretty happy. I get 16mpg running errands around town. I also reset the mpg at every tank fill.

EDIT: I thought I took a picture but it was on my wife's phone. I think it read 20.2 for an instant but I can't be too sure. See, my wife started screaming that I should be watching the road instead of the MPG indicator. :rofl:

LC200 MPG-288x384.jpg

Last edited:
2013 LX 570 - 350 mile trip from Boone, NC to New Bern, NC average 18.8 on interstate speeds. This of course did have a significant elevation change (3333' to 10' above sea level)

My recently sold 2018 4Runner would get 17-18 on this trip in the past.

Reactions: MrX
I got 20+ regularly before adding bigger tires, sliders, and armor. I still get close to that if I'm steady on the freeway at 70. Problem is, most of the western freeways I drive on are 80mph, which sinks me down to about 15-16.

Wow! I can't believe these numbers. I have a 19 LC with 14k miles. I only get about 12.9 mileage with a mix of in town and highway. I use midrange octane gas. Maybe that makes a difference?

I’ve seen 20-20.5 but it was on flat lands around 60. As I get up to 70 or more, it usually drops to 17-18. Is the 100 miles you ran in a downhill run? Tailwind? What year, tire, etc?

Is there an official mpg thread?

(2011 lx570 with 275 60 r20 on stock rims for mine).

If there is I’ll ask mods to merge it.

Chattanooga to Knoxville is hilly in several places,
No tailwind or anything like that.

Stock Michelin tires on stock rims. 2014 LX 107k.

Pleasant surprise because this thing is going to the edge of the world and back, the fuel bill will be noticeably less.

Also, this is all on regular 87 gas; I refuse to get suckered by Lexus marketing. Premium complete waste of money. That 5.7 will drink anything.

edit: duplicate

Last edited:
Exactly!! But hey, I got it on film!!! 🤟

What stupid responses, yours and that other one. I filled up the second before I got on the interstate and the computer resets. About a 100 mile drive. Chattanooga to Knoxville is NOT a flat drive.

I have no reason to make this up. My particular truck will deliver 20MPG on a steady cruise 70-75 MPH. That’s such a pleasant surprise.

20MPG HWY is still decent even for a 2021 BOF heavy SUV. This is a 2008 platform.

Has anyone had experience with this mod?

wondering how well it could improve mpg.
I’m currently in the 12 mpg range after putting on 285’s

this upgrade is 1400 in parts alone
So if I can save 300 gallons in fuel ish
If I get 3 more mpg
Maybe after about 90 fillups I’ll break even??

love to rationalize…

Let me be clear though that this is ONLY highway where I'm getting decent mileage. City MPG I can't achieve the 12MPG rating, lol. About 11. One reason is bc it's hard to not gun it occasionally and 95% of the trips we make are short trips, within a few miles from our house.

What stupid responses, yours and that other one. I filled up the second before I got on the interstate and the computer resets. About a 100 mile drive. Chattanooga to Knoxville is NOT a flat drive.

I have no reason to make this up. My particular truck will deliver 20MPG on a steady cruise 70-75 MPH. That’s such a pleasant surprise.

20MPG HWY is still decent even for a 2021 BOF heavy SUV. This is a 2008 platform.
Jeez man, did you lose your sense of humor along the way? I just thought it was funny that I could snap a pic of that mpg. Best real mpg I ever got was on a road trip with street tires and flat ground. I got 21 the whole way. I usually average 15-16 or 13 if I feel like hitting some curves.

Jeez man, did you lose your sense of humor along the way? I just thought it was funny that I could snap a pic of that mpg. Best real mpg I ever got was on a road trip with street tires and flat ground. I got 21 the whole way. I usually average 15-16 or 13 if I feel like hitting some curves.

My bad if I read you wrong. You should see LS430 Facebook groups, they'll claim they went like 650-700 miles on a tank...impossible. However it will deliver 25-27MPG if driven steady on interstate. Most I ever got out of a tank was near 500 miles all HWY.

found the perfect thread! I was just wondering, driving around town and some highway, then more town, I could never break the 15MPG threshold even after a whole day of highway driving between NY and NJ, maybe the NJ garden state pkwy and turnpike and 287 etc etc are not considered REAL highways.... or, my computer is stupid.

Also, the past 48 hrs, after refuel, driving only in town, reduced it to 9.8MPG.... and about 10 miles of I-287 driving brought it up to 10.5MPG. Maybe I need to stay on the highway for a continuous 4 hours plus to break the 15 threshold?

My other question is, anybody compared Tundra's (5.7L) MPG with the 200 series?

Regularly saw 10mpg driving around anchorage. Can get 17-19 at 60 and then 16ish at 85. Flat ground.

2008 lx570 200k, 93 octane, 0% ethanol. 18.5mpg max cong from FL to TN averaging 75MPH . I tried my best, but couldn't do any better. Still cheaper than buying a new truck..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom