LX470 Headlight Alternate Experience? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This place has a wealth of info.

I have these lights from PO that installed them on the 470 and the driver's side is lower than the passenger. I tried using a phillips head screwdriver to adjust the vertical axis of the beam and no matter how I turned it clockwise/counterclockwise it didn't seem to move for me. I'm pretty sure the vertical adjustment is the one on the outboard side of the headlight assembly.

Any tips?

Just received new style LED's H1&H7 to replace halogens that come with my Eagle Eye aftermarket headlights. Anybody else seen or used these?

20210726_093728.jpg

Those are only good for poor output and glare for other drivers. Looking whiteish doesn't mean they are brighter.

Hey guys, was thinking of wiring up the halo's on these aftermarket lights but I want it set up in a way that when the main beams come on the halos turn off. I would assume that I would need a relay that gives the halos power and will switch off when there's current going to the main beam. What will the wiring be for this?

Hey guys, was thinking of wiring up the halo's on these aftermarket lights but I want it set up in a way that when the main beams come on the halos turn off. I would assume that I would need a relay that gives the halos power and will switch off when there's current going to the main beam. What will the wiring be for this?
Not sure exactly since it depends on your current setup, but typically I'd use a "normally closed" relay that gets its supply voltage from an ignition switched circuit. Then your signal voltage can come from your headlight circuit. This way, when you switch on the lights, the headlight circuit supplies signal voltage to the "normally closed" relay and makes it "Open" consequently shutting off the halos. Hope that is useful....

Not sure exactly since it depends on your current setup, but typically I'd use a "normally closed" relay that gets its supply voltage from an ignition switched circuit. Then your signal voltage can come from your headlight circuit. This way, when you switch on the lights, the headlight circuit supplies signal voltage to the "normally closed" relay and makes it "Open" consequently shutting off the halos. Hope that is useful....
thank you, believe this is the ticket and thank you for the link for the relay

07 LX 470, need some help with halo wiring. Do I wire it to the DRL resistor?
I wired mine to parking light wiring. DLR will not fire the halos to my knowledge.

The only way you going to get a good output is to retrofit. You can by a plug n play hid kid & change the lens to get better than stock output. I retrofitted my truck with SC430 projectors and when I pull up beside other lx owners with stock headlights, my lights make their lights look like they have the daytime running lights on
Pic?

so I should splice the black and red halo wires into the high beam wires correct? Just wanted to make sure before I splice
No, I don’t think so.

DRL on the 100 series, is done by running the (incandescent) high beam bulbs at a reduced voltage. Non-incandescent bulbs generally don’t work at the reduced voltage.

No, I don’t think so.

DRL on the 100 series, is done by running the (incandescent) high beam bulbs at a reduced voltage. Non-incandescent bulbs generally don’t work at the reduced voltage.
Thank you. So if I splice into the "parking lights" which are the corner lights , when do the Halos come on?

Thank you. So if I splice into the "parking lights" which are the corner lights , when do the Halos come on?
I would suspect whenever the parking lights are on…

Not with DRL.
With parking lights manually turned on.
When headlights are turned on (auto or manual, low or high beam)

I'm about to start a new project. Going to split the aftermarket headlight take measurements of the inner and outer halos and order switchbacks and replace the stock halos w/ these. that way it'll double as DRL and turn signal. Hopfeully the headlight cover uses some sort of seal that can be opened up and not glued in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom