Goose Gear 80 Series Engine Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some more parts for the GG80 ordered yesterday. The swap should begin Monday!

Parts LIst_00001.jpg

I feel cheated after reading 5 pages with no eye candy! Pics of motor being out and swapping over parts would be cool? I am in the middle of a rebuild but when I started I was unaware of the short block being available or I would have went your route! Keep it up it’s only money!!

93AA5C9D-0975-480D-8912-4F950C2C4BE0.jpeg

813CC694-8C09-4301-A507-F2DE5268FF2C.jpeg

CE1B3355-97E6-4918-89A6-2E17F8536F3C.jpeg

In other news on the build. It is being delayed a bit. I am waiting on parts from partsouq that I ordered last Friday. I didn't realize that this week is a week long Muslim holiday. My parts won't ship until next week. I was hoping to have pics of the tear down this week (I'm talking to you @Fj80oregon :)), but those will have to wait until late next week when I get back from a trip. 🤞

Finally having some movement on the engine swap. My mechanic took my old engine out and the only thing wrong with was the head gasket blew out. The shop that did the last rebuild apparently only finger tightened the head bolts. :oops: Now I have a perfectly good short block that I will put up for sale on the classified section here. If anyone needs a short block with a fresh rebuild on it, please send me a DM. I will be posting pictures later.

Question for my respected and knowledgeable mudders- if I replace the head on this do I need to replace all the valves at the same time? Ideally I would like to. Cost and availability of some the parts of the valves is an issue. I welcome your input. Thank you ahead of time.

Last edited:
My mechanic got the head back from Ohio, but it came without the shims and lifters. The machine shop is refusing to replace them. I am trying to source them myself. My mechanic is taking the cost of the parts off of his final bill. Apparently there are only 17 lifters in the United States.
:frown:
I ordered the 13 that McGeorge has. They told me that they are on back order 3 - 4 weeks. I ordered 11 from a dealer in Florida, because they are not part of the Toyota USA parts system. I hope they have them. Partsouq has none available. any other places that I can look that may have them? Specifically looking for any Japanese sights that I may be able to order from. Any help would be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom