Impex is LEGIT 4 new AHC globes. Door To Door from Japan, less than 2 weeks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question for those who have gone before.

I have placed an order with Impex and am at the create package step.
Their system keeps telling me the country and zip can't be found in their database.
I've tried both my work and home addresses (Different cities and zips) to no avail.
I've also tried both spelling out the state and using the two letter abbreviation.
Has anyone had this problem, and how did you resolve it?
Changing to another browser to try? Maybe you have something blocking their javascript from doing the work?

I just got my globes from impex, $690 to my door in about 8 days. I do have a question though, do these come with the O rings? I see many posts talking about lubricating the O rings before screwing on the new globe but mine didn't come with any o rings unless they're already at the base of the threaded portion?

I just got my globes from impex, $690 to my door in about 8 days. I do have a question though, do these come with the O rings? I see many posts talking about lubricating the O rings before screwing on the new globe but mine didn't come with any o rings unless they're already at the base of the threaded portion?
They’re already on the base.
I ordered 4 globes from impex. Took 10ish days and cost ~$720ish.
Such an easy job, under 1hr total to swap all four. HUGE difference in ride quality

They’re already on the base.
I ordered 4 globes from impex. Took 10ish days and cost ~$720ish.
Such an easy job, under 1hr total to swap all four. HUGE difference in ride quality
Which process did you follow? I would like to retain as much fluid as possible since it was replaced 2k miles ago.

Which process did you follow? I would like to retain as much fluid as possible since it was replaced 2k miles ago.
I opened the bleeders on each accumulator, let all pressure run out, then unscrewed the old globe and screwed on a new globe. I used a ford fan clutch wrench to remove the globes. I then bled the system after instal. Needed approximated two quarts of fluid. If yours is clean, you could catch, filter, and reuse. Mine was not very clean, despite being 5 months old.

Its a suuuuper easy job.

I used this rental tool set: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...ls-evertough-fan-clutch-wrench-set/ren1/67063

There already on it. In my case everything was soaked in hydraulic fluid because I was really messy. So yeah my o-rings got lubbed

What method are you going to do

plan to relieve all the pressure/fluid I can, install, bleed. Seems pretty straight forward.

Baselined my system got front cross leveled and pressure in check - plan to do a small (~3/4") sensor lift, crank T bars 30MM spacer in rear and hopefully pressures are back in check.

I was ~7 gradations on current globes.

Have some wheels on covid backorder but planning 285/70/17 with the new wheels and mini sensor lift hoping to retain all ride quality and increase capability/looks

plan to relieve all the pressure/fluid I can, install, bleed. Seems pretty straight forward.

Baselined my system got front cross leveled and pressure in check - plan to do a small (~3/4") sensor lift, crank T bars 30MM spacer in rear and hopefully pressures are back in check.

I was ~7 gradations on current globes.

Have some wheels on covid backorder but planning 285/70/17 with the new wheels and mini sensor lift hoping to retain all ride quality and increase capability/looks
Nice, I didn't do anything besides replace the globes and I went from literally 2 graduations maybe, to 10-13. I haven't bothered to mess with the pressures or techstream. It feels sooooo good as is right now

I just got the email from Impex today saying I need to add more money for shipping. I created an invoice but it never asked me for CC payment info. Just wanted Name, Amount, Currency Type, Address. And then it produced an invoice.

Does Impex just use the CC they have on file from the initial purchase (globes)? Payment history states “Awaiting Payment” and comments “depositing money into account”.

Placed the order July 14th and I’m just eager to get these globes! Impex leaves me skeptical and then I’m happy I get a message. Haha I’m sure I’ll get them soon.

EDIT: My dumbass was hitting the wrong payment option (international wire transfer). Was supposed to choose the PayPal/bank card option. The entire screen wasnt displaying on my Iphone

Last edited:
I just got the email from Impex today saying I need to add more money for shipping. I created an invoice but it never asked me for CC payment info. Just wanted Name, Amount, Currency Type, Address. And then it produced an invoice.

Does Impex just use the CC they have on file from the initial purchase (globes)? Payment history states “Awaiting Payment” and comments “depositing money into account”.

Placed the order July 14th and I’m just eager to get these globes! Impex leaves me skeptical and then I’m happy I get a message. Haha I’m sure I’ll get them soon.
Just got a reply from Impex after I sent them a message. I was accidentally choosing the option to pay by international wire transfer. I was supposed to choose the PayPal/bank card option. They handle the credit card information, is what they told me. Chose that option and was able to enter payment info. Now the status of the order is Paid. Now hopefully it ships soon.

Last edited:
Just got a reply from Impex after I sent them a message. I was accidentally choosing the option to pay by international wire transfer. I was supposed to choose the PayPal/bank card option. They handle the credit card information, is what they told me. Chose that option and was able to enter payment info. Now the status of the order is Paid. Now hopefully it ships soon.
If you're doing the payment from your phone, its really easy to accidentally select the wire transfer option because the wire button overflows into the first field. If you're on your phone, rotate it to landscape and select paypal. Or do it from your computer.

Just went through it this morning and got my shipping paid for. 4 globes, $560.18, shipping $97.90 to Philly. $658.08 total.

If you're doing the payment from your phone, its really easy to accidentally select the wire transfer option because the wire button overflows into the first field. If you're on your phone, rotate it to landscape and select paypal. Or do it from your computer.

Just went through it this morning and got my shipping paid for. 4 globes, $560.18, shipping $97.90 to Philly. $658.08 total.
Yes, exactly what I did. Set me back half a day but the payment was accepted and order is now shipped as of today. I paid the same as you. The price is so good that I got nervous for a second! haha

Yes, exactly what I did. Set me back half a day but the payment was accepted and order is now shipped as of today. I paid the same as you. The price is so good that I got nervous for a second! haha

Those really are great prices, I need to do this soon. Thanks to all who have contributed the method of ordering and to whomever first discovered this source. Hat is off to all. 👍

I ordered the suspension fluid with my fingers crossed it wouldn't slow things down. I'm not sure if that is what snagged my shipment in customs, but I did have to provide greater detail regarding what was in the package. Impex apparently used more generic terms and customs wanted details. Fedex took my hand a walked me through everything I needed to do. Once I mentioned "suspension fluid" however they required a Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) Certification. Don't let the name intimidate you, because again, Fedex walked me through what I needed to do. Package was released a couple hours later. YAY!

RE: suspension fluid on the TSCA Certification (See attachment)
Reference number was my tracking number
Then you can check the first box "Positive Certification"
Unless you're buying for a company you can leave that n/a
Fedex suggested I put "Buyer" as Certifier Title
And the simple description "Toyota Suspension Fluid"
All the other fields are straight forward.

My timeline:
Ordered July 14th
Bill available later July 14th
Paid for order July 14th
Shipping bill available July 19th
Paid for shipping July 19th
Modified shipping bill available later July 19th
Paid for packaging July 19th
Shipped July 20th - Supposedly
Fedex tracking started July 26th
Memphis, TN customs delay and later release July 27th
Due by 10:30 AM July 29th - Yet to see.

Attachments

• TSCA_Certification.pdf
    469.7 KB · Views: 99
I ordered the suspension fluid with my fingers crossed it wouldn't slow things down. I'm not sure if that is what snagged my shipment in customs, but I did have to provide greater detail regarding what was in the package. Impex apparently used more generic terms and customs wanted details. Fedex took my hand a walked me through everything I needed to do. Once I mentioned "suspension fluid" however they required a Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) Certification. Don't let the name intimidate you, because again, Fedex walked me through what I needed to do. Package was released a couple hours later. YAY!

RE: suspension fluid on the TSCA Certification (See attachment)
Reference number was my tracking number
Then you can check the first box "Positive Certification"
Unless you're buying for a company you can leave that n/a
Fedex suggested I put "Buyer" as Certifier Title
And the simple description "Toyota Suspension Fluid"
All the other fields are straight forward.

My timeline:
Ordered July 14th
Bill available later July 14th
Paid for order July 14th
Shipping bill available July 19th
Paid for shipping July 19th
Modified shipping bill available later July 19th
Paid for packaging July 19th
Shipped July 20th - Supposedly
Fedex tracking started July 26th
Memphis, TN customs delay and later release July 27th
Due by 10:30 AM July 29th - Yet to see.

I tried searching for AHC fluid by part number but nothing came up.
Did you contact them to order it? Are they selling 1 liter bottles or 2.5 liter cans? And what was the cost?
I need to shop as many sources as I can. After all the AHC parts are replaced and system is good to go, AHC fluid will be the only recurring cost for awhile.
Thanks for your help!

Did you contact them to order it? Are they selling 1 liter bottles or 2.5 liter cans? And what was the cost?
I need to shop as many sources as I can. After all the AHC parts are replaced and system is good to go, AHC fluid will be the only recurring cost for awhile.
Thanks for your help!

Get 3 bottles, 4 just to be extra safe.

Thanks for your help!
Suspension fluid #08886-01805 not exactly sure of the size, but it's definitely the bigger one that comes in a metal can. I think I can get away with just one can, but I have two to be on the safe side. It was $19.50. If the number doesn't work for you, try using the word suspension fluid instead of ahc.

Edit: Got off my lazy butt and confirmed the size is 2.5 liters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom