What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (126 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

any difference in throttle feel through the pedal, or just sprucing up the engine bay?

R134a conversion.
IMG_2765.jpeg
IMG_2764.jpeg

5 minutes to unbolt drivers seat and tilt it back, 5 to unbolt steering joints, 5 to replace the seal, 10 for your spine to recover from an never before experienced degree of contorsion
What end of the steering do you pull to get at it

What end of the steering do you pull to get at it
Under the dash, the steering shaft from the gear to the rag joint under the column.

Pull the rag joint and the seal, replace the seal and reinstall the rag joint and you're on your way, depending on how much stuff you remove for access and how much other stuff you want to do while under there. (Pin-7 Mod, Remove an alarm, Install CDL switch, Add throttle cable, route wiring for a OBD2 reader)

Under the dash, the steering shaft from the gear to the rag joint under the column.

Pull the rag joint and the seal, replace the seal and reinstall the rag joint and you're on your way, depending on how much stuff you remove for access and how much other stuff you want to do while under there. (Pin-7 Mod, Remove an alarm, Install CDL switch, Add throttle cable, route wiring for a OBD2 reader)
Ok, thought you’d have to pull the dash apart and steering wheel assembly off the dash to get at it

Ok, thought you’d have to pull the dash apart and steering wheel assembly off the dash to get at it
I pulled out the driver's seat, removed the lower dash panel, the lower dash crash plate to get to mine. I had an alarm failure at the same time (ripped out the alarm), then added the CDL switch and did the Pin 7 Mod at the same time as well as a new rag joint and shaft seal. It took me about 6 hours to do all that, the reinstall the seat and dash parts.

Removing the seat makes it all way easier.

I Swapped in a group 31 AGM battery with some slight modification and cable extensions. Also carpeted the rear drawers I made recently and installed the alu cab fridge slide. I’m just waiting on the demetic cfx 55 I bought Friday through REI with my 20% off coupon. I’m Still hoping to get a duel zone ARB zero 73 for some kind of Black Friday deal... but I’m not holding my breath. I had to secure this Dometic cfx55 for now. I also learned my break fluid is low after wheeling last weekend. I can’t tell where it’s leaking, but I am sure it’s my brake lines and they need to be replaced with extended ones. So, that’s next on the list 🤷🏽‍♂️

View attachment 2496861

View attachment 2496862

View attachment 2496863

View attachment 2496864

View attachment 2496865
Blast from the past. This came up on my search for Alu-cab tilting slides. Which size is that? Looks like it’s at the 50/50 mark and still room on the side for wing access.

I pulled out the driver's seat, removed the lower dash panel, the lower dash crash plate to get to mine. I had an alarm failure at the same time (ripped out the alarm), then added the CDL switch and did the Pin 7 Mod at the same time as well as a new rag joint and shaft seal. It took me about 6 hours to do all that, the reinstall the seat and dash parts.

Removing the seat makes it all way easier.

I didn't remove anything but makes it a lot harder to get up under there. Took ~30 minutes
Seat would have been easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom