SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (4 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah - I am headed to Ouray again in September so it would be more convenient for me to leave the truck there rather than drive twice 😏
I live in Colorado Springs. I could hook you up with a parking spot.

Aight SAS Folks, we have had several last minute cancellations for SAS 5. I have reached out to several on the waitlist with very little response.
If you are on the waitlist and can get to Ouray on short notice please send an email to solidaxle2018@gmail.com.
We have 8 spots open as of now.
See you guys in about 10 days. :cool:
Casey..

Very excited to say that I was able to secure one of those spots. Looking forward to meeting up with all of you.

Thanks again Casey!!!

So since we are close to that time. If any of the East Coast (or TX I believe they sell it) people want to bring me some Yuengling, I will compensate you for the cost of the case(s) (However much you want to grab) and toss you a little extra for transportation tax. I haven't I live in NY since 2005 and it is the only thing my heart misses. Bonus funds if you manage to get a 6 pack of the Hersey Porter. I have been really wanting to try that one out. :cheers:

So since we are close to that time. If any of the East Coast (or TX I believe they sell it) people want to bring me some Yuengling, I will compensate you for the cost of the case(s) (However much you want to grab) and toss you a little extra for transportation tax. I haven't I live in NY since 2005 and it is the only thing my heart misses. Bonus funds if you manage to get a 6 pack of the Hersey Porter. I have been really wanting to try that one out. :cheers:
No Genny Cream Ale?

Haha

No Genny Cream Ale?

Haha
Hard pass on the Genny screamers man. They do sell the Genesee Red Eye here for when I want to remind myself of why I don't drink Genny.

I wouldn't mind reimbursing someone for a 6-pack myself. Only ever had it when travelling east for work. Good stuff.

Hahah got to love beer that tastes like there's a cigarette put out in it :)

What about Old English 800?

Or Red Doggs?

haha
My OE days are long gone. Killed that off with playing Edward 40 hands too many times.

We were chatting about coffee a bit ago. Even though we will be bringing a supply of local coffee for everyone, I thought it might be cool if folks want to bring a bag of their favorite local coffee. We can drink it, do some horse trading with it or whatever. Totally optional.
I just picked up a couple bags from a local spot. (For obvious reasons :grinpimp:)

31DA726A-E143-4846-A10F-59A877947A8E.jpeg

Who said it’s too early to pack!🤔

Am I excited…yes I am.

Am I ready…not quite…but getting there.😊 Maureen too.💄💅

AFA00C24-1523-4512-8304-E8A2785E4B62.jpeg

23AB5456-8E74-4A5E-B92B-CAF100F434A4.jpeg

A9D8DBA6-F3CD-4CC2-B63B-7AA55B119DEC.jpeg

5646FDE0-334B-498B-895C-BF0753415AFF.jpeg

I am going to lead an OVERNIGHT WHEELIN'-N-HIKIN' run on the ALPINE LOOP this year on Mon. Aug.2-3 up Engineer pass and stop for photos at Odom point, then on down to Nellie creek road, rated moderate, up 3 or 4 miles on this scenic trail with a few water crossings to a nice camp spot where we will set up, and enjoy a good meal and brews with friends around a campfire. Anyone who wants to hike with me must be up for about a 4-mile (1 way) hike to the summit of Uncompahgre Peak, elevation 14,309 ft! The trail starts out mellow and gradually gets real steep at the end where you must climb over loose rocks on a scree slope for a stretch of a few hundred feet, then the amazing views you only get from the top will take over your senses and the feeling is exhilarating! Hikers must be prepared for high altitude, carry water/electrolytes and snacks, use common sense, know your limits and ultimately be responsible for your own actions! We will rise early for coffee and hit the trail @bout 6 am (sunrise @6:17) to summit around 10 have lunch, take pics, enjoy being on top of the world and head down the trail before any storm clouds threaten. trip down will be faster, 2 - 3 hours back to the trailhead. we will finish on cinnamon pass on through Animas forks, then Silverton for fuel, and back to the KOA. HIKIN' Route total mileage is 7.5, about 5-8 hrs. total trip including stops depending on group pace. elevation gain is 3000 ft.- difficulty rating is class 2 (defined as hiking a steep incline, scrambling, maybe using your hands) Risk factors: exposure, route finding and commitment are all moderate with considerable rockfall potential according to 14ers.com • Uncompahgre Peak | Route Description | South Ridge - https://www.14ers.com/route.php?route=unco1&peak=Uncompahgre+Peak Consider using trekking poles, I do, as well as use sun protection, shade hat /sunglasses and carry a lightweight rain jacket and a small 1st aid kit. This will be a challenging but very enjoyable hike that will create awesome memories!

Gabriel 🚙 🌲🌜🔥
Just a reminder for the group, The wheelin n hikin run up engineer pass on Monday, then summit 14er Uncompahgre peak Tues. morning and that afternoon driving back over cinnamon to complete the alpine loop! :) Gabriel

Just a reminder for the group, The wheelin n hikin run up engineer pass on Monday, then summit 14er Uncompahgre peak Tues. morning and that afternoon driving back over cinnamon to complete the alpine loop! :) Gabriel
A must-do hike, that's for sure! Here's a view from the summit, looking west past Matterhorn and Wetterhorn, with Mt. Sneffels (above Yankee Boy Basin) in the far background, just to the left of Wetterhorn. Ouray is in the deep valley beyond Wetterhorn. Other 14'ers in the photo are Wilson Peak (pointy peak at far left), El Diente (on right end of long ridge left of Wilson Peak), and Mt. Wilson (on left end of long ridge left of Wilson Peak). A number of years ago a friend and I traversed that long ridge, all above 13,800 feet, in the clouds, with almost continuous cloud to cloud lightning on the other side of Navajo Basin a mile away.

Uncompahgre.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in need of a power steering pump, if you didn't use the 62's on the LS swap.

Looks like I may also be in need of somewhere to store my LC75 for about a month, close to Ouray if someone has a location that I could leave the vehicle parked until Labor Day weekend.

Call Proffitt's and see if they would be willing to let you store it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom