The Gratitude Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Fort Knox I have no idea how you got written into my memory in support of this, my bad. Hope you + Erica are doing well though!

Things I've been very thankful for over my adult life.

ONSC - gave me a support and friend network after moving to NC. Always thankful for you guys which is why I continue to try and help and support ONSC 4 1/2 years after moving.

I'm always grateful for family and friends but there are a small select few that have really helped me during my times of need. I won't name them, most aren't on here but a few are and they know who they are. I'll always be there for them and their family like a loyal guard dog just for this reason.

Diesel fuel - lol. I've been addicted to diesels since around 2000 and addicted to.diesel 4x4s since I first drove my uncles HDJ100 on a track in Wales in 2001.

There is obviously more but work is calling me.

I'll be thankful for when I can get a weekend off again. Lol

I'm grateful my work honored my needs that stay home until August because I have no childcare this summer. I was very stressed I could be without income and a way to earn until then. While it's still up in the air on when I can return and what sort of hours and income will be there - it's a start, and a huge blessing for our household. Plus - more time with kiddo ❤️

I'm also grateful for some recent difficult lessons. I've learned a lot about myself, broken old patterns, set a standard for what I will and will not accept in life. This feels like the most mentally healthy place I've ever been in. My therapist had told me turning 30 would bring about positive change this year but this year was blow after blow and I was really turning sour, until I realized the subconscious work and change that was happening.

@Fort Knox I have no idea how you got written into my memory in support of this, my bad. Hope you + Erica are doing well though!

Well I may not have said it before, but I do support it, so you were just reading my mind! :)

Completely forgot about this thread.

This past year I've been busy as hell as COVID had the opposite effect on my work than most.
7 day 60-84 hours a week became the norm. All house, vehicle and other projects to do lists fell by the wayside. But im thankful in this economic turn around I didn't lose my job and savings like the last one. I smile while I'm writing reports at 3 am because of it.
I'm also super thankful that while she has been battling her own demons for a while my wife is always there to give me a hug and smile.
I'm thankful for another niece. Bringing our niece nephew total up to 12.

I'm thankful I was able to get my 80 back and @mtweller let me buy his 2fe and pay it off over a month.

Lastly I'm thankful for @custyota only fans account. Release the moobies!!!!

@jvalex very kind however I am unsure how I made your list, however thank you!

I am grateful for ONSC. You guys are the best. I can not believe we have been around this long however you are some of the best people I have ever met across the country and across many different hobbies and interests.

and @lt1fire even thou sometimes he gets confused on what cool cars are. Baha!

Twas a year plus ago, who even remembers at this point. 😂

Baha! Well ok then. I can't remember what this threads about. haha. ;<)

Baha! Well ok then. I can't remember what this threads about. haha. ;<)

I had said something that I was happy about in a response to something in the Rant thread.
You said I can't be mad about that and I said no but there isn't a things i'm happy about thread.
So you made this one.

Dreaming is something we all do. Even after we attain some of them we all dream new things we hope to achieve. I’ve always been a dreamer and was always encouraged to chase those dreams as a kid. I’m still a kid. When I was a kid I dreamed of owning a hot rod shop when I grew up.

I grew up going to hot rod shops, body shops, garages and private garages with my father. Car shows and cruising Hatboro once in a while to see what was new in town “what the kids are running now a days”. We had dirt tracks and in my early teens Pocono opened. You could not keep me away from cars, trucks and scoots.

But life has a way of happening while you are working on your dreams and the next thing you know you are 23 with a wife and step daughter, mortgage, car & truck payments and more insurance than a kid should know about. Dreams get put on the back burner for another day, today I need groceries. So instead of building vehicles I built houses. Long hours and hard work but a great living when things were going well. We all know that building runs in cycles, always putting back money for those lean times you know are coming.

In 08 I was 48, living in NC and drawing blue prints for projects in Key West. Then the bottom fell out for a great many of us. My career was gone for God knows how long so I needed to find another gear. I had been building bumpers for my own truck along with sliders and some suspension arms and it turned out others wanted them too. Toy Outfitters then HFS got its launch.

Now here I sit 13 years later right on the brink of achieving that dream. That kid sitting at his desk taking parts from 3 different model kits plus a bunch of other parts from the bin to make the car or truck model he saw in his head. Son of a gun, it may take a while but you sometimes do get to live one of your dreams. My wife tells me I already build hot rods and reminds me of one customer that pulls 6.26 sec. 0-60MPH times with a 62 on leaf springs.

I guess the point of all this is to encourage you to chase your dreams. Pursue your passion, strive for the very best you can produce. It really is never too late. If you are in a job you don’t like or God forbid, hate. Start your exit plan now, aim it at your dreams, closer is always better.

I thank the higher powers that I was able to land right here where I am. I am truly grateful for all the opportunities I have found throughout my life. In a great many ways I am a lucky man. Luck-def- When preparation meets opportunity.

Just Do It!

Gratitude - this club offers many reasons for me to express the gratitude I've found in the people here. My thread below this, asking for help, feeling isolated and alone, having lost connections with friends thru the end of my marriage, focusing inward on the marital relationship, losing focus on those around me who may have helped me deal with the emotional damage losing a 32yr relationship.

I was desperate and club member stepped in, providing guidance and references that helped me thru a highly stressful situation, so grateful when our members step in, many times never meeting each other face-face, generously offering assistance, guidance, physical support, expertise...all without asking for anything in return.

I've done my best in my past to be one of those members, offering whatever knowledge, tools, space to do work, things that have been diminished as my medical condition takes away more of my dexterity, divorce and moving away from any friends I may have still retained. Despite my lack of ONSC community support for others in this club, members still step up to support me.

I couldn't be more grateful to those who have offered me their guidance, support and connection thru the challenging times I've been confronted...Thank You 🙏

Grateful and sad at the same time.

My BIL was recently given two months to live. He's had cancer for about two years now and we've flown down to see him a few times, he's come up a few times. Andrea uses all her vacation to go and see him, hence why she is never with my when i'm in NC. It was getting much better till it wasn't. It sucks a big one but i'm also grateful that we were given some warning, however little, so we can get back down there. Going this weekend and then for a few weeks in august. Use all the time you have that's all I can say. He is only 34.

I won't be out in NC next month anymore, not sure who I told i'll be there anymore so i'll just post that here.

I am so sorry. Heartbreaking.

@lt1fire I am so sorry. Prayers to you and your family.

My BIL was recently given two months to live.

...i'm also grateful that we were given some warning, however little, so we can get back down there.
Make the most of it, Al. When my father was sick they gave him 6-12 months (when they finally felt comfortable giving a timeframe after 9 months of treatment) and he had been holding off on getting his affairs totally in order until he got a timeframe; he lasted 2 days. The upside is that by his refusing to even talk about the inevitable for so long, it made daily life more normal for most of us who were there every day of the ordeal. Well, other than the dark humor of death jokes that he liked to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom