Ebay Aluminum Radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So will the above aluminum rad. not work in the 1FZ? If not, is there any source for us?

I'm not sure, but I'd bet that the mounting points are the same.

There are cheap "all metal" $2-300 radiators (csf?) out there but they don't look like this. The only one I've seen that looks like this kind of quality is a ron davis and they are around $1K.

I think it'd be worth a shot if the mounting points are the same. I've been looking to replace mine, and that thing looks solid.....

It looks quite a bit different than the 1fz radiator.

Here's one for the FZs. I waited too long and the aluminum radiator for the 3fe 1992 80's is not available now, worst is my OEM radiator blew up today. The only one available in town is the aftermarket bronze type and here in the island are $$, $400.00 installed! :mad: No choice, that's the daily mover and have to get it running ASAP!:frown:

Brand New High Quality 1 Row Aluminum Radiator | eBay

Last edited:
It looks quite a bit different than the 1fz radiator.

The radiator itself looks different, I'm just assuming they didn't change the mounting points for the radiator between the 1991-97 years. However, I could definitely be wrong as I haven't looked inside a 3fe engine bay for years.

The radiator itself looks different, I'm just assuming they didn't change the mounting points for the radiator between the 1991-97 years. However, I could definitely be wrong as I haven't looked inside a 3fe engine bay for years.

Different animals...:hmm:

I just checked out their page and it doesn't show one for TLC?

You have to call them, they do custom made, if you have the $$$ they'll build it.

Can anyone provide an update as to how well these rads are working. I'm in the market for a new radiator and thought this may be a good cost effective option.

Here's one for the FZs. I waited too long and the aluminum radiator for the 3fe 1992 80's is not available now, worst is my OEM radiator blew up today. The only one available in town is the aftermarket bronze type and here in the island are $$, $400.00 installed! :mad: No choice, that's the daily mover and have to get it running ASAP!:frown:

Brand New High Quality 1 Row Aluminum Radiator | eBay

Found out that the 93-97 somehow fits a 92, apparently is a common practice here. If this is true, its too late for me.
:mad:

Got this all aluminum 4-row radiator in a few days ago: 4 Row Radiator For Landcruiser HDJ80/HZJ80 1HZ/1HD 4.2L Diesel Manual 1990-1998 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/203293078860

They only have the version for the diesel engine with manual transmission version. The seller verified that the listings they had for the FZJ80 are the same radiator. So beware and ask for pics of the gas engine version to be sure you don't get the version for the diesel that they sent me.

I checked with the other ebay sellers and on Amazon and I can't find an all aluminum version for the FZJ80 right now.

Issues I have noticed so far for this HDJ80 version, if you want the FZJ80 version:

NO bypass hose connection.

NO transmission fluid cooler.

Upper fan shroud mounting holes are in the WRONG location.

Filler neck located on drivers side vs passenger side (US model Cruiser). Overflow will require a longer hose.

Not the prettiest stack of dimes TIG welds that you might find in aerospace, bike frames, etc etc. The welds are better where the cores meet the tanks vs the mounting areas.

No foam was included.

I'll update with pics and more info as I get into it more. I have an external transmission fluid cooler so that is not a problem for me. I'll add the bypass hose connection and move the mounts for the fan shroud.

Got this all aluminum 4-row radiator in a few days ago: 4 Row Radiator For Landcruiser HDJ80/HZJ80 1HZ/1HD 4.2L Diesel Manual 1990-1998 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/203293078860

They only have the version for the diesel engine with manual transmission version. The seller verified that the listings they had for the FZJ80 are the same radiator. So beware and ask for pics of the gas engine version to be sure you don't get the version for the diesel that they sent me.

I checked with the other ebay sellers and on Amazon and I can't find an all aluminum version for the FZJ80 right now.

Issues I have noticed so far for this HDJ80 version, if you want the FZJ80 version:

NO bypass hose connection.

NO transmission fluid cooler.

Upper fan shroud mounting holes are in the WRONG location.

Filler neck located on drivers side vs passenger side (US model Cruiser). Overflow will require a longer hose.

Not the prettiest stack of dimes TIG welds that you might find in aerospace, bike frames, etc etc. The welds are better where the cores meet the tanks vs the mounting areas.

No foam was included.

I'll update with pics and more info as I get into it more. I have an external transmission fluid cooler so that is not a problem for me. I'll add the bypass hose connection and move the mounts for the fan shroud.
Hey thank you for posting….any updates?

I would try it for that price. alloy tanks are nice. The 3 row won't cool as well as a 2 row but I wouldn't be complaining for that price.

The only other aluminum radiator I know of is Ron Davis and that's $900
where did you get your Ron Davis for $900? I paid $1300 for mine 4 yrs ago.

Replaced the radiator, big hoses and clamps several weeks ago. Noticed that my coolant level was 1 liter (~1 quart) or so low every few days but never saw a drip. I'd smell antifreeze while driving on hot days but never see a leak. Got worried it was the head gasket again or heater core. Replaced the radiator cap and tightened up the constant tension clamps on the PHH and all the new clamps for the big hoses.

The other day after a quick trip I noticed a substantial drip from the rear of the engine but could not spot the leak and it stopped after 1-2 minutes. Got back home and topped it off after cool down. Took it out tonight for a test drive and sure enough after 10 minutes of highway driving I came to a stop to check for leaks and there it was again. Drove back and put it right up on the lift. Took off the driver side front wheel. A HAH! Pinhole in the hose that runs from the head up to the throttle body. Sneaky, very very sneaky.

Had to notch the aluminum angle on the side of the radiator at bottom below the filler to clear the core support and radiator mounts.

Have to add a small nipple for the bypass hose the runs to the head behind the distributor.

The fan shroud mounting holes have to be moved over a few inches.

The lower outlet tube is 1/8" smaller than the factory so you'll need an extra hose clamp or make another lower hose.

I already had a trans cooler in front of the radiator, so not having one in the bottom of the tank was not an issue for me.

alu_rad00.jpg

The ebay seller has updated the l;isting but it is definitely the radiator for the diesel version vs the gas engine. If you don't mind doing the few mods it's a great radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom