What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hit Slick Rock this weekend with @jcardona1. Jose isn’t easy to keep up with, but his good spotting made it easier. Thanks Jose!! The Gummy Worm pale ale was good too at the end of the day!

View attachment 2734623

View attachment 2734624

View attachment 2734625

View attachment 2734626

View attachment 2734629

View attachment 2734630

View attachment 2734634

Great stuff Ron! We'll have to make another run soon. Here's my contribution for now, still working through the rest of the videos. The last time I ran Slick Rock was 2019. It is so much harder this year. Lots of traffic has really chewed up the trail which makes it much more challenging.

Crawl 4 the Cure up at Iron Range OHV in Gilbert, MN. Raised 44k for MS. Super good people and great time (4 toyotas and a hundred jeeps). FOO is working well as a family hauler. Wife and the boys preferred the rocks, daughter enjoyed the curvy dirt roads at 6 psi. (before the trip I fixed wallowed out track bar bolt holes, will put pics in my thread NewFOO. Added ruffstuff fix-it weld washers and new hardware.)

cruisers and jeeps.JPG

foo and buggies.JPG

foo&jace.jpg

foo rear.JPG

RTI ramp front.jpg

Which rear bumper is that?
Looks great.
Thank you @Toy4Fun2
The rear bumper was made by Dissent Offroad in Colfax, CA.

These threads gives more info.

Last edited:
Headed up to PA for the Gotham city Land Cruiser’s coal mine cruiser classic.

Was a good weekend with lots of great folks I don’t get to see enough. Decided IH8TREES way more than I hate mud :(

C1AC6D71-48DD-49A4-9F01-C69FDDBC062D.jpeg
12CA6E0A-F7E6-4715-80F5-CE2D1A6DD5D6.jpeg
42A275AC-4984-42D8-9B6C-44490936A1E5.jpeg

Took the rig out for some more weekend shenanigans on Sunday.

20210719_160326.jpg

Hiked 6 miles, 7,200ft to 9,800ft and back on a trail that follows a beautiful little creek.

20210719_151047.jpg

I even found a patch of wild raspberries and I got to sit in the shade stuffing my food hole full of raspberries for almost an hour.

20210719_140235.jpg

Nothing like wild raspberries in the desert mountains. Finding the raspberries reminded me of a wild blackberry patch that I try to hit every year. So I made a small detour on the way home and picked enough blackberries for a pie.

20210719_170423.jpg

And I also added some mirror bling, redneck style.....

20210719_160311.jpg

Pulled the vintage Flexi Tank out of the rear quarter panel to prep for sound deadener. What a great use for that otherwise wasted space. Handy having 6 gallons of potable water back there. I have the invoice from Man-a-Fre from when it was purchased.

Probably going to replace it with a Wit’s End quarter panel kit to house electronics when they’re available again later this year.

5DDAA0C1-7FE6-4764-9D72-A36F5B02C44B.jpeg

AA4F9FD2-1516-459C-A64C-41992F905D05.jpeg

I replaced the 02 sensors, but cel is still on… tried pulling 15 amp fuse and disconnected battery - but cel is still on.

Finished up an interior restoration of my 80. New leather covers front and back from Lseat (mixed reviews), removal and deep clean of the original carpets, headliner and plastic/vinyl interior panel scrub down, new radio with backup camera to finally retire the original tape deck. It’s almost like a brand new Land Cruiser inside now!
That looks awesome! I see you went with a Pioneer deck but what did you use for the backup camera? I'm adding a JVC to mine and I'm trying to figure out what to use. Some of the ones I find on Amazon are either out of stock or look sketchy AF.

That looks awesome! I see you went with a Pioneer deck but what did you use for the backup camera? I'm adding a JVC to mine and I'm trying to figure out what to use. Some of the ones I find on Amazon are either out of stock or look sketchy AF.

I'm using one of the sketchy Amazon backup cameras and it works great, really good video quality. The brand was probably "JIUSUNGYOO SUPER HIGH DEFINITION ULTRA HD BACK UP CAMERA NIGHT VISION 8K FUNWOW MANY PIXELS"

I'm using one of the sketchy Amazon backup cameras and it works great, really good video quality. The brand was probably "JIUSUNGYOO SUPER HIGH DEFINITION ULTRA HD BACK UP CAMERA NIGHT VISION 8K FUNWOW MANY PIXELS"
As long as super sketchy is the mud approval I'm all over it! :rofl:

Thanks! I’m using a cheap Amazon backup camera. Color image and quality of video is great, but plastic and build quality is what I would expect for the $10 I paid for it, so we’ll see how long it lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom