I did a thing... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya, the engine build date maybe 79 but that pig is a lot earlier.

EDIT: Engine as in Fire Engine, not the motor.
From the meager information I can find on them Toyota produced them as cab / chassis and a coach company built the body and "stuff". It also has a three speed (on the tree, right hand drive.... millenial anti-theft device for sure. :rofl:

This one was in a museum in Wanaka, New Zealand. The gold pin striping sets it off

DSC_0775.jpg

I am envious indeed, I too would love to see this rig. Probably wont fit in it but gives me another reason to lose some weight although getting to 5'5" could be a problem.

You should post video of that crank Siren. We had something similar on old Firetruck we had when I was a FF 30 years ago.

Diagnosis for all of us here. Swine Flu - No shots available yet, seriousness of our infection can be determined by the number of pigs and the $$$ spent.

OK, was exploring the firetruck. It's like a scavenger hunt, weirdness to be discovered all around. One thing is the t-case has no shifter, so I assume it's just a single speed torque splitter. Seems to steer OK for not having hubs and always being in 4WD. In the pic below, I figured out what the object to the left is...a power brake booster. It has a vacuum line coming from the intake manifold and two brake lines going out. They tie in to the brake lines near the wheel and, I guess, just add a bit of pressure. Brakes work well, and thank god, cuz where am I going to find parts? Another weird think is that it's a 79 but has 4 wheel drums, and I think the earlier engine because the hood is flat. Anyway, I love the brake booster. It's unnecessarily complicated, weird and mysterious. I just hope it never "brakes". :rofl:

1 7.jpg

Radiator overflow is armored... Actually a line also goes out of this and goes to the rear of the vehicle. Haven't tracked where it goes yet.

1 8.jpg

OK, was exploring the firetruck. It's like a scavenger hunt, weirdness to be discovered all around. One thing is the t-case has no shifter, so I assume it's just a single speed torque splitter. Seems to steer OK for not having hubs and always being in 4WD. In the pic below, I figured out what the object to the left is...a power brake booster. It has a vacuum line coming from the intake manifold and two brake lines going out. They tie in to the brake lines near the wheel and, I guess, just add a bit of pressure. Brakes work well, and thank god, cuz where am I going to find parts? Another weird think is that it's a 79 but has 4 wheel drums, and I think the earlier engine because the hood is flat. Anyway, I love the brake booster. It's unnecessarily complicated, weird and mysterious. I just hope it never "brakes". :rofl:

So 40s and 70s in the middle east always came (to my knowledge) without locking hubs. Doesn't appear to affect steering at all based on my 45 and 75. In fact, I doubt it affects anything. Also the 40s came with drums all around all the way through the end of the series. I assume because they are easier to repair in the field? No idea really. Lastly, you could have the 2F engine and an air cleaner that accommodates the flat hood. Pretty sure the hood wasn't raised just for the 2F engine.

Really cool vehicle though; piece of history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom