At Witt's End with Witt's End (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just to clear the air, and I am wanting to be respectful, I was just disappointed with lack of communication by @NLXTACY and that I didn't end up with what seems like a cool tool. If tool says in stock, maybe it should be. I didn't ask to cancel the order but it was cancelled when I made an inquiry into its status. Not poking at small biz or Witt's End guy. In fact I order from small biz whenever possible and we do this BECAUSE of the personal touch. If we wanted to deal with Amazon, we'd go buy crap parts off that.

Best of luck to Witt's End and others. No hard feelings.

Just to clear the air, and I am wanting to be respectful, I was just disappointed with lack of communication by @NLXTACY and that I didn't end up with what seems like a cool tool. If tool says in stock, maybe it should be. I didn't ask to cancel the order but it was cancelled when I made an inquiry into its status. Not poking at small biz or Witt's End guy. In fact I order from small biz whenever possible and we do this BECAUSE of the personal touch. If we wanted to deal with Amazon, we'd go buy crap parts off that.

Best of luck to Witt's End and others. No hard feelings.

the words “in stock” do not appear anywhere on my site.

Sorry things didn’t work out.

If you can order it, that would imply in stock, not I need to spend 4 weeks making it. If you need to fabricate stuff based on order, recommend website say that to manage customer expectations.

But seems like no matter what, the customer is never going to be in the right on this particular thread. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
I was quiet too. I should be getting my hoses shipped out soon. They were on back order from the manufacturer. Thank you @NLXTACY

All the whining Amazon minded buyers are gonna kill the small business that serves our very small but Niche market. Dude don’t have a huge warehouse with a shipping department. Communications department. Accounting department, material source department etc etc etc….

Go buy a jeep and some Chinese made smitybuilt aftermarket bolt on parts…go ahead call me a dick haha. Your gonna ruin it for us patient folks that just want quality parts made with care!

Every business is short staffed these days thanks to bad economic policies. I see help wanted signs in every business's windows. Until Gov't gets out of the way with the unemployment extensions, nobody will want a job. Welcome to the "Great Reset" and get used to understaffed and overworked problems to continue. Customer service will continue to decline due to overwelming demand and not enough workers to fill in the production. Wit's End provides much needed products for our community. Patience is needed more than ever in this market.

Patience is needed more than ever in this market.
The OP had plenty of patience, he waited 4 weeks with ZERO communication from the vendor and probably would have waited even longer if he got a response that his order was delayed. That's pretty ridiculous in my book.

Last edited:
@Redgrrr we are both Dick’s. I bet I waited longer. Haha.

I like this thread. With out communication we have nothing.

C87374E2-B923-4102-BAA9-7053FA92D6FC.jpeg

Ordered some much needed bushing press tools from Witt's End in mid-June which showed in stock. Looked great and was very excited. Credit card charged and awaited my order. After 3 weeks w/o any word, I sent an email to check in. No response. Been checking my spam box also. Another week, sent two more emails...one direct and one through website to see if he was still in business. No response. Then I get an email saying my order was cancelled. No communication. Now I get on Mud and find that he has a post indicating has just finished fabricated and shipping out the exact tools I need. Maybe I didn't make the cut or I am not a priority customer.

A little communication would go along way. Get back to people.
If you show something is in stock, that does not equal "I am taking orders". If you operate by taking bulk orders, fine, just be up front about it.

In summary, @NLXTACY held onto my money for a month, cancelled my order, and I still have a repair to do and could have gone another way with my purchase. I wanted to support a Mud vendor so much but this was pretty lame experience.
You should just leave. If you had any idea what Joey @NLXTACY does to get the great products and service he provides to this community, you would have some patience and show some restraint in flaming him on here.

I want to support small businesses but a pattern of threads like these makes me think twice about ordering from vendors who don't communicate and won't own their mistakes/shortcomings when there is a problem. This is a natural consequence: "you reap what you sow" in life.

Last edited:
the words “in stock” do not appear anywhere on my site
But the words "Out of stock" do appear on your site, so I think someone could reasonably assume that "Add to cart" means in stock or that they'll be notified, not that you'll hold on to their money for 4 weeks, then cancel their order without any prior notice.

Screenshot_20210714-181028_Chrome.jpg

You’ve been canceled

I am not too worried about the transaction with @NLXTACY going sideways. I chalk it up to the business owner being overwhelmed and my own impatience - probably anticipating a more well oiled machine given the pretty nice externally facing web platform. And while I would rather have had the product, I am getting a refund supposedly.

(Update as of 7/30 NO REFUND!!!)

What is hard to take is the parochial nature of the dialogue. I was expecting a little more concern for the customer and less tribalism (i.e., jumping into "like" or "heart" folks telling me to shove it rather than trying to make it right) If he looks at MY comments objectively, there are a few good suggestions buried in there.

There have been over 10 million Landcruisers built and a good amount are still on the road and trail today. If we are going to beat Amazon and the algorithm and China Freight, it won't be by standing still or being less customer focussed.

Respect and good luck to all! Cheers

Last edited:
….He ain’t gonna say it, so I will…
Joey’s wife is enduring some very serious medical problems, including several emergency hospital visits.
I know he is her caregiver……all while trying to keep hold of his business.
Cut the brother some slack.
Butch Baker..

….He ain’t gonna say it, so I will…
Joey’s wife is enduring some very serious medical problems, including several emergency hospital visits.
I know he is her caregiver……all while trying to keep hold of his business.
Cut the brother some slack.
Butch Baker..

Oh jeez. That is terrible and I totally get both him not wanting to say anything and also having some trouble with keeping up in these times, nevermind with medical stuff happening.

Last edited:
I help by going to his site first. Some things can be had a little cheaper elsewhere like the OEM stuff from over seas but when you factor in the cool factor and Joey’s self proclaimed OCD, I can’t think of a better place to land.

Just a follow up on this. My OP was about an order cancelled by Wits End when I complained about the lack of multiple inquiries and response and told him I was going to call my credit card company about it.

I received an email saying my order was refunded 7/12 but He has NOT refunded me for my order and is still hanging onto my money so now I am calling my credit card company.

He is currently unable to run a legitimate online e-commerce platform so buyer beware. It's either that or he did this on purpose because he is pissed at me. Either way, avoid this guy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom