What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (95 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished up an interior restoration of my 80. New leather covers front and back from Lseat (mixed reviews), removal and deep clean of the original carpets, headliner and plastic/vinyl interior panel scrub down, new radio with backup camera to finally retire the original tape deck. It’s almost like a brand new Land Cruiser inside now!
View attachment 2727097
View attachment 2727098
View attachment 2727099
View attachment 2727100
View attachment 2727096
Jen, what did you use on the headliner? Mine is intact but really needs a good scrub. Need something that will deep clean without staining, and yours looks great!

Went to WindRock for a long weekend of camping and riding with friends in the wetness.

PXL_20210711_194903850~2.jpg

20210712_210927-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited:
I made a small, but very important addition to the Cruiser - an A.S.S. patch. As overlanding and vanlifing and RV / UTV culture collectively dumps more and more people into the sidecountry and backcountry, more and more of those people bring their trash and bad habits into the woods - so I've joined the A.S.S. Movement - Anti-Surface Sh***ing.

Tell your outdoorsy friends - learn how to dig a proper cat hole, pick up and pack out your toilet paper when you're done with it or bring your own groover / RV toilet so the woods don't become more and more of a latrine over time.

View attachment 2730056

View attachment 2730058
This reminds me of a great story....

I had a friend that was camping at a local lake when a bunch of a$$ hats from Vegas surface shat in-between their camp and my friends camp.

Than 1 of my buddies 3 dogs rolled in the Vegas turds.....

Needless to say my buddy was furious. After he cleaned his dog off he drove home and collected a 5 gallon bucket of dog crap from his back yard and took it back to the lake.

In the middle of the night he went into the Vegas guys camp and spread the bucket of crap out in front of the entrance of the tent.

I wasn't there but apparently their reaction was priceless 🤣

Been a while since I've posted, wanted something meaningful:

1. Started in BOI, camped around Lolo Pass, headed North to West Glacier Nat'l Park
2. Cruised down South to Bozeman, camped just North of Yellowstone
Note: Get up at 5:30am if you want to see animals, drive clockwise and you'll miss traffic in Yellowstone.
3. Yellowstone to Grand Tetons, camped outside of Jackson Hole.
4. Jackson Hole to Monte Cristo (Utah) to Park CIty.
5. Park City to Bryce Canyon to Horseshoe Bend (AZ) to Flagstaff
6. Flag to Christopher Creek, the end.

Some camping was done in RV parks due to a buddy towing a 5th wheel. They suck.

I picked the most scenic route, not the fastest. 7 days of travel from BOI, ID to Christopher Creek, AZ

Animals viewed from 80: Grizzly, Black Bear, Mooseses, Beaver, Buffalo, Elk, Eagles, coyotes, Big Horn Sheep, etc.

I drove the mighty 80 from PHX to BOI a couple months ago, packed it with all our gear, dropped it at a family members place. Flew in with fam July 2nd and drove easily 2,000 miles.
IMG_3935.jpg
IMG_3881.jpg
IMG_3959.jpg

Zona
Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 10.55.45 AM.png
IMG_3935.jpg

More...

Oh, just an observation, not a scientific one, when driving in the forest at night I put on my amber light bar and my blue corner lights and noticed a couple times the elk about to cross reversed course and went back into forest. I hate driving at night in the forest and usually cruise at a whopping 35mph. Normally, the elk just stand there or walk into the road. My wife asked what was different, the only thing I could think of was the Amber or Blue lights or both together...or that I hadn't showered several days?

Zona

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3875.jpeg

Last edited:
It's gotten pretty bad. I noticed the flies are worse than the mosquitoes this summer.
We're going up this weekend. I'm almost afraid to see what I'll find...

No one should be burying anything anymore. Too many people everywhere… Pack it out, all of it. 💩
Just eat nothing but protein bars for 3 days. You won't need to :poop: once! :rofl:

Glad I don’t live in those temps! Up here in the “far Far East” of North America I was driving to my cottage and hottest temp observed on my water temp gauge was 195, up hill😁

I took her on my annual pilgrimage to my home province of Newfoundland, affectionately known as “The Rock”.

0D328342-787A-493E-9FB0-164F334FD751.jpeg

0E9BCFED-05DB-4479-AD15-3C9F18610007.jpeg

7239EEA6-E1F0-4520-8896-BFE2C6F05C4D.jpeg

Just eat nothing but protein bars for 3 days. You won't need to :poop: once! :rofl:
That's also a sound strategy. Unfortunately I like coffee too much.

:lol:

Finished up an interior restoration of my 80. New leather covers front and back from Lseat (mixed reviews), removal and deep clean of the original carpets, headliner and plastic/vinyl interior panel scrub down, new radio with backup camera to finally retire the original tape deck. It’s almost like a brand new Land Cruiser inside now!
View attachment 2727097
View attachment 2727098
View attachment 2727099
View attachment 2727100
View attachment 2727096
Will be gutting my interior in the next few weeks hopefully for all the sound deadening and new carpet too. Already took care of seats. Your's looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom