Builds The Escape Wagon Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And if you ever do this, try some dental floss on the light stalk so you don’t paint the pivot joint

A6E1E2B0-72E5-40D3-83B6-6D42DB1934E3.jpeg

Ok, this project is finished.
Painting gauges was easy
Decals for the turn signal stalks was easier than expected. Hit them with urethane semigloss clear coat afterwards to preserve them.
Reconstructing the plastic tabs on the lower valence was a bit more challenging but easy enough tp learn.
Oil rubbed metallic paint is a nice match. It is ever so slightly brown compared to the OEM color. In normal light conditions I doubt anyone would notice. In bright light it is a tinge brown, under high intensity LED flashlight light….definately browner.

86E57924-B433-40F4-A720-509FF161D354.jpeg

1426C241-5D28-4513-98FB-7FEF18FA596A.jpeg

No

Mine is a blank to the left of the check engine light (front and back photos included)
There are plenty of extra slots for lights in these rigs. My bet is that someone wired something in there. 15-30 min to yank your lower dash (A/C lever area) and the instrument surround. If there is a light in yours you can follow the wire to whatever its for.

View attachment 2719876

View attachment 2719877
Thanks for the response! I’ll be taking the dash apart this winter and will see what is going on.

Getting very close to completion of the restoration.
The last things I’ll do is re-install the Burt Toyota Englewood CO plaque that adorned the rig when I bought it.
Just beginning the cleanup process

View attachment 2723986
My FJ62 came from Burt as well!

Damn, looking FRESH AF! :grinpimp: Nice work! I love that you even cleaned and kept the OG dealer badge.:clap:

Definitely an inspiring thread to watch. Nothing better than a tastefully modified restored to stock 60/62 series. Now go do something with it other than work on it. :) Congrats on a job well done. Looks great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom