What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don’t let CIF or your supply sgt see this picture

I served USMC 02-06. The hooah gear I picked up some years later while working for a recovery company. Repo'd a vehicle that had a full CIF issue in the trunk still in bags. We held it for the standard 60 days (30 days beyond the legal requirement for holding property), dude never showed up, so I took it home. I pack an Osprey now, no way am I carrying that if I don't have to.

Yesterday I drove it for the first time after owning it for over a month. I bought it with a hurt motor, bought a motor abs swapped it in.

changed all the fluids while I had it apart, replaced coolant t fittings.

today I put license on it and officially have a Landcruiser!

I still have a few little things to fix, but it’s nice to have it going!
Welcome!

I served USMC 02-06. The hooah gear I picked up some years later while working for a recovery company. Repo'd a vehicle that had a full CIF issue in the trunk still in bags. We held it for the standard 60 days (30 days beyond the legal requirement for holding property), dude never showed up, so I took it home. I pack an Osprey now, no way am I carrying that if I don't have to.

I just stole mine

4K miles into a cross country road trip. Support vehicle turned tow rig. This truck is an absolute dog with a trailer and 2 sport bikes on the rear. 11mpg average at 60mph and my alternator is crying. Carrying a replacement genny and belt in the event it soils it’s pants before we get home. Drove the bighorn scenic byway in Wyoming with my foot to the floor the entire way up.

EE2AAED1-C403-491A-9DA1-DBE6FF9E7F75.png

59C3C6FD-52CA-4E3A-A0A5-D3065CD63AF4.png

9EFCCF5E-7337-460E-92DA-0E17241DE132.jpeg

What a great idea! Nice.

Given you're one of the few here with a 105 - would you mind confirming if your cargo area interior light comes on when you open the tailgate(s)? Mine doesn't work and I can't find the tailgate 'door' switch, but I haven't removed the hoodlining yet as I'm 1,000kms away from the vehicle for a few weeks.

Thanks,

What a great idea! Nice.

Given you're one of the few here with a 105 - would you mind confirming if your cargo area interior light comes on when you open the tailgate(s)? Mine doesn't work and I can't find the tailgate 'door' switch, but I haven't removed the hoodlining yet as I'm 1,000kms away from the vehicle for a few weeks.

Thanks,
The front light comes on when the cars unlocked and rear light comes on when you open the rear doors or tailgate, there is a toggle switch on the actual light so you can have it always off, on when doors open or always on. Also once you get around to it make sure you put led globes if you haven't already it's a world of a difference! I'm not too sure where the actual switch/sensor is for the tailgate, potentially in the latch itself?

Thanks heaps. That is hugely useful info. I'll get some 31mm LED festoon bulbs next week before I return home as it's very hard to buy anything where I'm living.

I have four 4x4 vehicles right now and the 105 is the most comfortable off-road by a huge margin. I absolutely love it for its off-road manners so it's getting lots of new bits this month (tyres, injectors, spotlights, bonnet struts, glow plugs and numerous other updates/repairs)

Installed my @TRAIL TAILOR winch bumper today! As always, thanks Jason for great customer service and even better quality! This bumper is as beefy as you could want it. The next time some rocks, trees, deer
20210710_120104.jpg
(or Dodge Rams) try something, my rig won't be receiving any damage on the front!

Finally got around to removing the nasty and faded “blue marble” plastic trim stuff. Warm day, an eager 10 year old with an eye for detail, and about an hour was all it took. She did it ::all:: including removing any sticky stuff from the adhesive 😳 and wow what a difference.
B480F768-A7E1-4676-85CC-E7D51AE7968C.jpeg
F51FF1F5-15A4-42A4-8E77-51CFA276CEC0.jpeg

9BC819B2-1540-4028-8DC0-95EC70C77B38.jpeg

Isn’t that against child labor laws, to work a 10 year old like that, in the summer heat? 😁

Last edited:
Changed the oil for the first time since I bought it. It is almost at 250,000 miles and the light started flashing at me. It had a cheap oil filter on it that someone must've have used a torque wrench to install it. I had to resort to the old screwdriver thru the housing to get the filter off. I bought Toyota oil filters and M1 High Mileage 5W30. I also found the source of a major rattle I would hear when hitting bumps. The two bolts were missing from the rear of the metal skid plate where it joins to the plastic shield. Both parts were loose and bouncing around. Fortunately, I had some extra bolts and fixed that. The next change will be much easier since I know how to properly install an oil filter. Later, as I was walking out to go run an errand, I got to watch a large tree branch fall from the large tree I was parked under for shade while doing the work. Fortunately, it did not hit the sunroof but it did put a golfball sized ding in the roof. :bang:

Gives new meaning to the term "shadetree mechanic" :)

Not sure why I decided to do this today and at the time that I did, under the blazing sun and 90 degree weather. But I decided to *try* and buff out the deep pin striping that looked like an angry ex would leave. The compound I used had little effect on the deep scratches but ultimately worked better on the finer ones.

My end goal was not to sit under the blazing sun “detailing” the paint but more so removing the obvious brush scratches along the sides. Here’s how it turned out:

Driver Side BEFORE:
91782D3E-7A2B-4164-AA3C-A2A4645689F6.jpeg

Driver Side AFTER:
E1F3DFDE-D217-4E56-88DA-35D53C85D010.jpeg

Passenger Side BEFORE;
C236A38F-6614-4FA6-B427-4F6FC71F1686.jpeg

Passenger Side AFTER:
1F090B7D-3490-49A4-B508-132DBEA637B1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom